• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
cool, so i redeem the gift card and then the discount automatically happens? will buy soul hackers 2 this way
It'll be applied to your MS Account so you can use it on anything (consoles, Surfaces, games, whatever) and when you checkout you select gift card to apply your balance to it and it'll request a secondary payment to cover the remainder.

Naru

May 11, 2019
But do I need a Microsoft gift card or an Xbox gift card and what is the difference? It's basically the same isn't it?

Naru

May 11, 2019
They're the same thing
HpGkQhB.jpg

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
It seems both bing mobile and desktop searches are finally avaliable in Sweden. What's your best tips to do these searches efficiently daily?

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
It seems both bing mobile and desktop searches are finally avaliable in Sweden. What's your best tips to do these searches efficiently daily?
I have two different Edge Collections with 30+ Bing searches in each. First I click through one using standard Edge Mobile iOS browser and then I switch to "View Desktop Site" and do the other. That takes care of both my daily mobile and desktop searches in about a minute.

The "30+" should be adapted to how much you can earn in your country. If the max points per day for Mobile + Edge = 72 and you get 3 points per search then 72/3 = 24 searches inside the Edge Collection. Have a couple more than you need if you make an error while clicking maybe.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I have two different Edge Collections with 30+ Bing searches in each. First I click through one using standard Edge Mobile iOS browser and then I switch to "View Desktop Site" and do the other. That takes care of both my daily mobile and desktop searches in about a minute.

The "30+" should be adapted to how much you can earn in your country. If the max points per day for Mobile + Edge = 72 and you get 3 points per search then 72/3 = 24 searches inside the Edge Collection. Have a couple more than you need if you make an error while clicking maybe.
Wouldn't that potentially get flagged because you're searching the same things every day? If you mean bookmarks by collection?

Naru

May 11, 2019
Bing is so god damn slow for me the last two days. Not sure what is going on. (PingPlotter shows a ~10% packet loss at the destination bing.com, other domains have none)

Last edited:

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't that potentially get flagged because you're searching the same things every day? If you mean bookmarks by collection?
Collections is a Microsoft Edge feature that kind of works like bookmarks but is much easier to click through. If you are worried then alternate between more than two Collections. They are very easy to create, just make any search and add it to a Collection.

I've been doing the same search every day for months even before using Collections and nothing happened.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I use edge collections, too, on mobile. One for the mobile searches and one for the desktop ones, which I also do from my phone, lol. Much quicker but on a pc you can open all tabs on a folder at once and leave them loading which is even less involved.

😂😂😂

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
So what's the optimal reward that you guys use your points on? Game pass or just Microsoft money?

I was saving to basically get infinite game pass ultimate, but they just added Amazon vouchers so I got myself a kindle and think I will use the majority on peoples Christmas presents, and keeping my GPU afloat in 3 month blocks.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So what's the optimal reward that you guys use your points on? Game pass or just Microsoft money?

MS credit gives you the best bang for your buck.

I used to only use it on Game Pass but I've been putting it into Amazon monies recently.

I was saving to basically get infinite game pass ultimate, but they just added Amazon vouchers so I got myself a kindle and think I will use the majority on peoples Christmas presents, and keeping my GPU afloat in 3 month blocks.

For me personally, it's a no-brainer to use it on MS/Xbox credit.

We already have the XBL Gold -> Game Pass Ultimate conversion to save huge amounts on Game Pass Ultimate. Many have been buying 3 years of Gold from different regions for like $80-$90 bucks and then converting it to GPU. So less than $100 for 3 years of GPU is pretty crazy.

So what I personally do is buy my 3 years of GPU with the conversion method, and then buy MS/Xbox gift cards on top of that to purchase any games I want that aren't part of Game Pass.

It pretty much equates to me, after that initial ~$100 3 year GPU purchase, having to pay $0 a year for virtually unlimited games.

Daddy JeanPi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if i could use a vpn to redeem my points or something? On my xbox, i get a message that my country is not supported but yet i have a bunch of points accumulated.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
It almost never works immediately after getting the achievement; I usually give it some time and come back later, but it was working the past week from my end.
Always has for me except the odd time. Just 2 days on the bounce seemed like something was up. Worked now though.

I'm on a 147 week stream. Don't think I've ever missed a week except around the time it launched when the weekly set disappeared and then came back again a while later.

fumanstan

Feb 13, 2018
Irvine, CA

We already have the XBL Gold -> Game Pass Ultimate conversion to save huge amounts on Game Pass Ultimate. Many have been buying 3 years of Gold from different regions for like $80-$90 bucks and then converting it to GPU. So less than $100 for 3 years of GPU is pretty crazy.

So what I personally do is buy my 3 years of GPU with the conversion method, and then buy MS/Xbox gift cards on top of that to purchase any games I want that aren't part of Game Pass.

It pretty much equates to me, after that initial ~$100 3 year GPU purchase, having to pay $0 a year for virtually unlimited games.

Agreed, this is what i've done too. The 3 year Game Pass Ultimate is the cheapest way for Game Pass so that's a much better way to get it, and Xbox credit is the best bang for your buck redemption wise and there's enough games not on Game Pass that are useful for purchases. The only exception i've made was to save up credit for a XSX storage upgrade, but other then that it's just buying the one off game or movie.

Oct 27, 2017
In terms of best bang for your buck, definitely Xbox credit. Even better than that is if you do the automatic monthly $10 xbox credit for 8750 pts.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK

I think putting them back into MS is best but I don't buy games anymore really. Hopefully by March next year I can do the 3 year gold upgrade again and keep my points stacked up.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
In terms of best bang for your buck, definitely Xbox credit. Even better than that is if you do the automatic monthly $10 xbox credit for 8750 pts.
yep. Only caveat is that the credit expires after 90 days, so you can't just harvest it a bunch, but can still get a decent chunk "off" other full price purchases

Oct 27, 2017
yep. Only caveat is that the credit expires after 90 days, so you can't just harvest it a bunch, but can still get a decent chunk "off" other full price purchases

Yeah, for the people who are stockpiling pts, I don't recommend this option, since they do expire after 90 days, like you said. For the people who are constantly spending their pts within a short time frame after redeeming them, this option is awesome.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Yeah, for the people who are stockpiling pts, I don't recommend this option, since they do expire after 90 days, like you said. For the people who are constantly spending their pts within a short time frame after redeeming them, this option is awesome.
It's great for preparing for a new Halo Infinite season battle pass or saving two months worth for an indie game like a Death's Door at launch (that doesn't hit GP day 1) though

Oct 27, 2017
It's great for preparing for a new Halo Infinite season battle pass or saving two months worth for an indie game like a Death's Door at launch (that doesn't hit GP day 1) though

Yup, these use cases make perfect sense. I'm always looking to buy games from my huge wishlist, so this monthly deduction works out for me. And I can simply disable the automatic deduction anytime that I want if I there's nothing I want to buy.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017

What's the best conversion for gold to GPU from different regions. I'm familiar with that method. Hell, I didn't even know you could do that. Would you mind schooling me on this? I'd love to be able to spend $100 bucks for 3 years of GPU.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Why spend money at all on game pass if you rarely buy any games? Region shifting shenanigans may be cheaper tricks but still involve money. I just invest my points into getting gold+gamepass once my sub ends. No real money involved and I still have extra points to spend on ms store occasionally (just digital games, sales, cheaper preorders for now).

If I bought many more games, well, I wouldn't subscribe to game pass all the time for starters, only for short bursts for particular games. Then yeah, I'd spend my points on ms store credit. But also would probably rather get my games physically so I'd look into the Amazon gift cards although that's more point-expensive of course.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
I've been getting back into making sure I earn the daily rewards points lately after slacking for a while.

I noticed that there's a daily 100 point achievement in the Xbox app for playing multiplayer on PC (plus 10 points for playing any game on PC). Does anyone have any suggestions for quick multiplayer games for getting this achievement each day?

I played Gang Beasts yesterday, and got the 100 points after a round of the football mode, which probably took about 3 to 5 minutes. So that may be one of the quickest, but I'm interested to see if anyone knows any that are even faster.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
I've been getting back into making sure I earn the daily rewards points lately after slacking for a while.

I noticed that there's a daily 100 point achievement in the Xbox app for playing multiplayer on PC (plus 10 points for playing any game on PC). Does anyone have any suggestions for quick multiplayer games for getting this achievement each day?

I played Gang Beasts yesterday, and got the 100 points after a round of the football mode, which probably took about 3 to 5 minutes. So that may be one of the quickest, but I'm interested to see if anyone knows any that are even faster.
If you connect your social accounts to Xbox you will get 250 points/day for playing an online PC game, plus 25 for playing a PC game.

You don't actually need to play the online game, just stay in the multiplayer lobby for a few minutes. I found out that AoE is great to do that, as in any time of the day there are games marked as not for real play but just to collect the points. This way you don't disturb/annoy any real player.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
If you connect your social accounts to Xbox you will get 250 points/day for playing an online PC game, plus 25 for playing a PC game.

You don't actually need to play the online game, just stay in the multiplayer lobby for a few minutes. I found out that AoE is great to do that, as in any time of the day there are games marked as not for real play but just to collect the points. This way you don't disturb/annoy any real player.
Awesome, thank you! I'll download AoE now.

Oct 25, 2017

not online pc game anymore, i think it's fortnite through cloud gaming (which is also really fast too)

Will Law

Feb 5, 2021
Yeah I use edge collections, too, on mobile. One for the mobile searches and one for the desktop ones, which I also do from my phone, lol. Much quicker but on a pc you can open all tabs on a folder at once and leave them loading which is even less involved.

I basically do the same thing as you, but I do computer and mobile searches at the same time on my laptop.

In Edge, I have two folders filled with a bunch of search bookmarks of random things. I then ctrl+click the folder, and Edge asks me "Are you sure you want to open these bazillion tabs". I click okay and my laptop fan freaks out for a couple minutes.

I then do the same thing in the Brave browser, but I use a User-Agent extension to set the browser to iOS. Then I click another bookmark folder filled with other Bing searches. This usually takes care of all my searches in a couple minutes while I do something else in the morning.

I've literally done this for years now. The Brave+User Agent switcher broke at the start of the year for some reason, but a couple weeks later it started working again. I guess we'll see if I eventually get flagged, but I've already made out with a free Series X so I'm good either way!

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I basically do the same thing as you, but I do computer and mobile searches at the same time on my laptop.

In Edge, I have two folders filled with a bunch of search bookmarks of random things. I then ctrl+click the folder, and Edge asks me "Are you sure you want to open these bazillion tabs". I click okay and my laptop fan freaks out for a couple minutes.

I then do the same thing in the Brave browser, but I use a User-Agent extension to set the browser to iOS. Then I click another bookmark folder filled with other Bing searches. This usually takes care of all my searches in a couple minutes while I do something else in the morning.

I've literally done this for years now. The Brave+User Agent switcher broke at the start of the year for some reason, but a couple weeks later it started working again. I guess we'll see if I eventually get flagged, but I've already made out with a free Series X so I'm good either way!

Wow, congrats on the console. I prefer to do it on my phone because I am usually very far from my laptops on weekends and vacations, even if that was easier on workdays. I just got used to it and do it usually first thing after midnight, before bed, etc.

Wigsy

Apr 5, 2022
Hmm my iOS Edge app has stopped registering searches as being on a PC, despite me setting it to desktop mode.