• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
None of the Game Pass daily tasks are appearing for me (logging in to game pass and play a game pass game). Anyone else?

BuggeryBugz

Oct 29, 2017
Same. I might hit 29k so that is still 16K without the extra 13K from the achievement extra which is enough for a free month of gamepass. So if I keep it up gamepass will always be free.
Sorry I'm new to this thread, but how are you able to get 16K a month? Are there any tricks/hacks to get there or is it just a case of constantly logging in and getting streaks up?

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry I'm new to this thread, but how are you able to get 16K a month? Are there any tricks/hacks to get there or is it just a case of constantly logging in and getting streaks up?
Doing everything available on MS Rewards and Game Pass quests in the US in January, I made over 30K points.

Last edited:

Zaimokuza

May 14, 2020
Does anybody know if the points can be spent on hardware on microsoft.com? I have 13k points right now and would like to use them to pay part of their compact keyboard.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017

Just do as much as you can. I do all of the daily searches and Bing quests, all of the stuff in the Xbox console rewards thing, and all of the daily Xbox quests and non gaming weekly/monthly ones. There are more than enough extras to get over 15k a month.

BuggeryBugz

Oct 29, 2017
Doing everything available on MS Rewards and Game Pass quests in the US in January, I made over 30K points.
Just do as much as you can. I do all of the daily searches and Bing quests, all of the stuff in the Xbox console rewards thing, and all of the daily Xbox quests and non gaming weekly/monthly ones. There are more than enough extras to get over 15k a month.
Ah ok, thanks. I don't get through all of the gamepass quests and need to be diligent with MS rewards everyday.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I find it a lot easier and faster to just search up something like "*today's date* birthdays" and click through the names or searching up a cast for a movie then clicking through them. I can get through the task in less than a minute with this method.

Using ABS is good if you go do something while it's running the searches. Especially so if you try and randomize the search times to avoid getting detected that you're using a bot to do the searches
Can always just have a bunch of searches as bookmarks and then open them all at once and you'll get the points that way.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Do the daily log in and play a game quests not work today? Maybe because we are between months and February won't start until tomorrow?

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Do the daily log in and play a game quests not work today? Maybe because we are between months and February won't start until tomorrow?
Last Monday before it refreshes with a new month never has daily Game Pass quests for some reason. It has been like this for as long as I can remember. So, it is indeed because we are starting a brand new set for February tomorrow.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Wow, of all the games on GP they sure like to repeat the same shitty monthly tasks. Most of these we've already done before and most of them weren't fun, first time around.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I last touched Human Fall Flat on the 15th December...since then, I've played at least 10 games trying to get the 10,000 Gamerscore Challenge...

...how the hell do I click on it...AND IT STILL QUICK RESUMES!? 🤯

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Losing 150 points a month kind of sucks since it was so easy to do. They could have at least bumped up the "play a game" quest value to soften the blow.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Probably got rid of it because it because it was always problematic to activate. If you can't fix it, get rid of it.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Time to install there games do the quest and uninstall after lol. How long does the Greedfall quest take? Or the other ones for that matter. Planet Coaster just requires you to open the game so that was easy

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I last touched Human Fall Flat on the 15th December...since then, I've played at least 10 games trying to get the 10,000 Gamerscore Challenge...

...how the hell do I click on it...AND IT STILL QUICK RESUMES!? 🤯

Yeah , same happened to me a couple of days back, played like 4-5 games for the 10k , rebooted the Xbox completely at least twice and after a week Cyberpunk would still quick resume.

Okingjrr

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
France
Aaah, GreedFall, just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.
Time to install there games do the quest and uninstall after lol. How long does the Greedfall quest take? Or the other ones for that matter. Planet Coaster just requires you to open the game so that was easy
The GreedFall quest should take 30-45 minutes tops if you skip the dialogs. Most combat encounters in the prologue have like 3-4 enemies and you just have to follow the main quest to fight 15 enemies.

Last edited:

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
I'm finding some of my activities dont log. I am new to Xbox so maybe they take a few days?

I downloaded 2 game pass games yesterday via my iPad app and neither show on my game pass quest so far. Also I did a few bing searches on the Xbox yesterday. Also not showing

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
I'm finding some of my activities dont log. I am new to Xbox so maybe they take a few days?

I downloaded 2 game pass games yesterday via my iPad app and neither show on my game pass quest so far. Also I did a few bing searches on the Xbox yesterday. Also not showing

Quests started today, so if you did it yesterday they wouldn't be counted.

Worth noting that you can just choose to install games already on your HDD and they'll still give you credit.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder how often human fall flat distance is calculated. I beat 3 levels and it still says 0 progress.

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Aaah, GreedFall, just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

The GreedFall quest should take 30-45 minutes tops if you skip the dialogs. Most combat encounters in the prologue have like 3-4 enemies and you just have to follow the main quest to fight 15 enemies.

I just did it and yeah it took a while even when I skipped dialogue. The game seems pretty interesting even though I had no idea what was happening lol. I might give it a try later lol

Edit - Did the State of Decay 2 stuff too. It might take a while if you play normally but I just put it in easy mode once I figured out where to go and ran for it and killed it.

Last edited:

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Is there only one daily quest now? The one for playing a game pass game?
Yes, they removed the quest for logging into the mobile app (presumably because it often wouldn't trigger) but the quest for playing a Game Pass game is still there.

The monthly quests have been adjusted to account for the lower daily quests though so it doesn't really change much other than they 5 points per day you could accumulate.

FEVER333

Sep 7, 2020
Yes, they removed the quest for logging into the mobile app (presumably because it often wouldn't trigger) but the quest for playing a Game Pass game is still there.

The monthly quests have been adjusted to account for the lower daily quests though so it doesn't really change much other than they 5 points per day you could accumulate.

Thanks!

Kind of sucks losing out on the extra 150 or so points per month, but I suppose if it wasn't working for a number of people then it's probably for the best. Never had an issue with it myself, but definitely sucks for those that did.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
If I want to use my points to buy something like a game or DLC I have to first convert it to a gift card?

jokkir

Oct 25, 2017
Do you need to buy the Apex Legends pack on the Microsoft Store to be qualified for the 2500 points? Some of the Apex Legends pack things are on sale at Best Buy near me for $5 and figured it's worth it if I get 2500 points back

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
An extra 130 points a day? Yes please. Worked fine using the ABS plugin. I just had to add more searches to it.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
God damn. We can earn 450 points daily now from searches alone? Yes please.