• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
OpenCritic - https://opencritic.com/game/9793/microsoft-flight-simulator
MetaCritic - https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/microsoft-flight-simulator?ref=hp

10/10

9.5/10

4.5/5
www.trueachievements.com

Microsoft Flight Simulator review: a truly remarkable and beautiful aviation simulation

Asobo Studio has pulled off something astonishing with Microsoft Flight Simulator. Using map data from Bing, the entire Earth has been recreated and can be explored in stunning detail.

5/5
www.videogameschronicle.com

Review: Microsoft Flight Simulator is the best game of its type to date

This stunningly gorgeous, remarkably detailed sim is a triumph for both expert players and flight rookies…

Essential
www.eurogamer.net

Microsoft Flight Simulator review - a sim for everyone, and one of the best sims yet

So often, Microsoft Flight Simulator feels like the future. I've been playing daily for pretty much a month now, and I …

10/10

press-start.com.au

Microsoft Flight Simulator Review - Exactly What I Needed

Microsoft Flight Simulator Review - Exactly What I Needed

9.8/10

powerup-gaming.com

Microsoft Flight Simulator Review (PC) – Fly Away on My Zephyr - PowerUp!

Microsoft Flight Simulator is an incredible piece of software, tech and engineering. And it couldn't have been released at a better time. To take flight, explore the planet and experience life high above the ground during these troubling times is the perfect escape. Sure, it may not see you...

10/10
www.ausgamers.com

Microsoft Flight Simulator Review

Our Microsoft Flight Simulator Review - for an in-depth, unbiased review of the latest and greatest video games, read on.

4.5/5
attackofthefanboy.com

Microsoft Flight Simulator Review | Attack of the Fanboy

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 might sound like the most boring Microsoft exclusive ever built, but it also might be the most ambitious. This is a game

9.5/10
xboxera.com

Review | Microsoft Flight Simulator

https://youtu.be/E51w8ZfoPJY I used to be absolutely terrified of flying. The idea of being trapped in a giant metal tube hurtling through the sky at

Last edited:

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for posting, watching Karaks review now

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Next gen has truly arrived! Hyped to pour over some of these reviews to tide me over until launch day!

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing.

Played the shit out of 98 and combat flight simulator back in the day. Looking forward to seeing how the runs on consoles.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't know it was going to be reviewed by "normal" outlets.
I can't get more hyped for it, tbh lol

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
A game other than Forza & Ori 2 gonna join the 90+ MC Gang?

036.gif

Last edited:

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
Anymore info in OP? Unique nature of this game + next-gen looming, I'm sure there's a chance to sell people on this game considering the reviews. Can't wait for this shit.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
This is the types of reviews I was guessing it would get. It looked next-level and so mechanically sound.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Watching ACGs reviews - he's hyping the weather up. I need to play this.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Please finally come out so that my dad is finally able to play it.

Those past 6 weeks have been hell with him wanting him me to build a new PC and everything and all is done and fine and now only this game needs to release for him .

Oct 27, 2017
I watched Quill18 do a few flights and my goodness this is amazing. I really doubt my 15 year old self would have believe this would be possible on consumer hardware at all back in the day. Crazy how optimized the game seems too. Never cared about FS before this.

This is the type of game you want to show your Granddad tho isn't it? Like I wonder if Miyazaki will play this, lol!

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I have genuine question, as I never played flying sims. What exactly is he goal as far as the gameplay goes?
Is it only realistic ambient flying from A to B?

Amazing scores.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Great review scores! Definitely considering buying this, but probably need to free up some memory. Also, hoping the price comes down somewhat.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
It is an amazing game and such a technical achievement also there is nothing like it out there... so not surprised. :). well done Asobo/MS

If I was MS I would branch out this franchise like they did with Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon, make a more arcade version similar to Crimson Skies with sp/mp missions and lots of firepower.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Doing incredible. Can't wait to get my hands on it. Got a big TV too to experience this.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I have genuine question, as I never played flying sims. What exactly is he goal as far as the gameplay goes?
Is it only realistic ambient flying from A to B?

Amazing scores.

Whatever you want it to be. It's as realistic as you want ambient flying from A to B, yep. Fly a Cessna over the Pyramids, or a 787 from LAX to JFK completing all the checklists and mundanities. There's challenges and the like but the real joy is just flying however you wish.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Game looks fantastic, very excited to lose myself in this during my study breaks this year

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
I wish it has scenarios like the old ones had
like landing on a moving truck refueling mid air etc

Alien Bob

Nov 25, 2017
The fact that they were willing to give Flight Simulator a shot again is really all the proof I need that Microsoft has changed

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Wonder if Microsoft will be trying hard to push this out for launch on series x, what with infinite being delayed.

Nov 21, 2017
This could be the GOAT, guys. At least for somebody like me who enjoys and appreciates aviation as one of the greatest achievements of mankind. I'm going to start on PC ( via Game Pass ), but I'm eventually going to get an Xbox Series X for this game alone.