• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Awesome news and one step forward of many we need to make.

the right wing PAN party (Who recently had some if its law makers meeting with the president of the Spanish Not-Neo-Nazi party "Vox" ) are climbing the fucking walls in rage and the are threatening not to follow the rule in the states they rule.

Last edited:

Bisha Monkey

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Awesome news and one step forward of many we need to make.

the right wing PAN party (Who recently had some if its law makers meeting with the president of the Spanish Not-Neo-Nazi party "Vox" ) are climbing the fucking walls in rage and the are threating not to follow the rule in the states they rule.

Lol it's really beautiful seeing how they are imploding right now, between this news and the morons who are in disarray for the VOX joint conference they held this past weekend. I remember there were plenty of supporters of that cesspool of a political party in this forum.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being a border agent right now. You could literally get sued for letting someone cross the border if they end up getting an abortion in Mexico.

Deleted member 30544

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Antagonizing Community; Cross Thread Drama; Prior Bans for Hostility. Upgraded to permanent after review.
remember there were plenty of supporters of that cesspool in this forum.

Oh they are still here, they are just vocal in the MexiERA OT or any thread spreading lies against the "dictator who will turn us into Venezuela"

I don't expect them coming to this thread tho.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
They're preforming an essential service, so good for them. They deserve to get paid.

That said it bothers me that the arguments for and against abortion focus so much on babies. One of the primary reasons why abortion was legalized is because pregnancy is dangerous and often lethal. Women died all the time regardless of whether or not they wanted the baby due to pregnancy complications. And this suck as fuck country wants to go back to those days.
My sister almost died with her first child birth. It was advised to stop at one child for her safety. Glad her and my niece are here but man it was a very hard time for everyone.

I'm with you.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being a border agent right now. You could literally get sued for letting someone cross the border if they end up getting an abortion in Mexico.
Driving wise the border patrol doesn't care that you go into Mexico. Coming back though? Man do they ask you a FUCK LOAD of questions.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, just right this morning AMLO shut up about the topic because "it is a controversial issue". It's great than, despite AMLO inaction to take a posture about the abortion in México, the Supreme Court has decided to be in the correct side of the history.

And it's quite poetic after the PAN went more than full nazi last week.

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
Wonderful news out of Mexico. It seems like a huge fuck you to their neighbor, Texas. The timing couldn't be more perfect to make it appear so, anyway.

Bisha Monkey

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Oh they are still here, they are just vocal in the MexiERA OT or any thread spreading lies against the "dictator who will turn us into Venezuela"

Well at least they will no longer come into these threads touting their poison, they are on the same level as MAGA morons.

Also, I was reading more about the reach of this resolution, it basically has to be abided nation wide, by federal and state judges alike. I wonder if some states try and come with other shady shit to try and fine insane amounts for the crime, as far as I understand it, this resolution doesn't decriminalize the act of abortion, it just prevents any woman from being put into jail for it.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
this is fantastic. Good on you, Mexico.

Also a 10-0 ruling is fucking wild.

Apart for this awesome result, It seems the language used in the dissertations was super progressive so that is nice to see and the angle used to attack the issue was so fundamental and raw that it basically make it the rule of the land now with no more input all the rest needs to catch up with no questions.

Deleted member 30544

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
this resolution doesn't decriminalize the act of abortion, it just prevents any woman from being put into jail for it.

Yes and no.

All this us happening due to the shit going down in Coahuila in which they had a sentence of 3 years jail time tops for non sanctioned abortions. This rule makes them change their penal code and avoid sentencing people who aborts to any criminal charge.

Most of the Mexican states still have laws against abortion that they can try to enforce, nevertheless this rule sets precedent and if the people charged for this "crime" fights against this most likely the judge will rule in favor of the defendant.

A legislation is coming in order to make the other states to stop criminalizing abortions full on.

EOS-HDC

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Tijuana, B.C, Mexico
Wow the Supreme Court ruling on this and with unanimous consent is unexpected and amazing.

Now the penal code on like 80% of states is unconstitutional and needs to either be challenged in court or be amended in good will by the local legislatures (I expect not many will) from what I understand

Bisha Monkey

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Yes and no.

All this us happening due to the shit going down in Coahuila in which they had a sentence of 3 years jail time tops for non sanctioned abortions. This rule makes them change their penal code and avoid sentencing people who aborts to any criminal charge.

Most of the Mexican states still have laws against abortion that they can try to enforce, nevertheless this rule sets precedent and if the people charged for this "crime" fights against this most likely the judge will rule in favor of the defendant.

A legislation is coming in order to make the other states to stop criminalizing abortions full on.

That's reassuring, this at least put a lot of pressure on the issue, hopefully federal legislators go scorch earth on the topic and make it a constitutional right ASAP.

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
Mexico ERA's OT is fine. We like this news as well. We dislike the PAN as much as we dislike Morena and the PRI and all parties really.

for some reason, some people think that criticizing the current administration (who liked Trump btw) is not okay :V

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Fucking awesome news especially given how much certain people have been attacking the feminist groups and progressives in the country in recent years.

There is virtually no one in the Mexico ERA thread or in Mexico threads defending or supporting the PAN or making the dumb Venezuela comparisons and you know it.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Por favor weyes, este país esta de la mierda y todos los partidos valen verga (aunque el PAN, además de eso, da puto miedo....)

Celebremos hoy al menos, buenas noticias no llegan seguido por aquí.... Al menos agarrense a putazos en algun OT dónde los gringos no los vean 😂

Iva Demilcol

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Iwatodai Dorm
Por favor weyes, este país esta de la mierda y todos los partidos valen verga (aunque el PAN, además de eso, da puto miedo....)

Celebremos hoy al menos, buenas noticias no llegan seguido por aquí.... Al menos agarrense a putazos en algun OT dónde los gringos no los vean 😂

No podemos porque el wey criticándonos se autoexilió del OT porque lo banearon en las pasadas elecciones.

A mi no me importa que los gringos nos vean, total, ellos se traen un desmadre bastante más grueso que el nuestro.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
No podemos porque el wey criticándonos se autoexilió del OT porque lo banearon en las pasadas elecciones.

A mi no me importa que los gringos nos vean, total, ellos se traen un desmadre bastante más grueso que el nuestro.
Lo sé .... Soy americano por nacimiento....

Gobernado por el PRI, PAN, MORENA, Demócratas o Republicanos por el resto de mi vida

Diosito, por qué no pudo haber sido Canadá mejor? 🥲

Oct 25, 2017
It's nice to see some progress in the country for a change despite our cowardly ass of a president washing his hands off this whole affair, because he knows it would impact his popularity if he supported it.

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
Imagine believing that being obsessed with MORENA is different from being a "MAGA moron" lmao

Good for the Supreme Court, is amazing to see this level of progress in our country

kaishek

Oct 30, 2017
Texas
Americans in this thread are still in some kind of denial that this is specifically a Texas issue. You cant continue to wash your hands of the bad things going on in GOP areas and pretend it doesnt represent the nation at large. Texas was just where the final legal deathblow originated.

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
A great victory, specially for the women in Coahuila. But there is still work to do to truly give women the right to choice in most of the country. Nonetheless, this is great news even more so coming from Mexico which is a femicide state.

Bisha Monkey

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
maru%20campos.jpg

This is the newly elected governor of Coahuila, Maru Campos (member of the ultraconservative party, PAN) , she wore a blue scarve during her sworn in ceremony that says "SAVE BOTH LIFES", a symbol worn by pro-life conservatives nutjobs like her. Many are already sepculating she will go against the Supreme Court ruling and be in open contempt of the Constitution....

Source (in spanish): https://www.elheraldodechihuahua.co...-ola-celeste-marea-verde-provida-7196554.html

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
maru%20campos.jpg

This is the newly elected governor of Coahuila, Maru Campos (member of the ultraconservative party, PAN) , she wore a blue scarve during her sworn in ceremony that says "SAVE BOTH LIFES", a symbol worn by pro-life conservatives nutjobs like her. Many are already sepculating she will go against the Supreme Court ruling and be in open contempt of the Constitution....

Source (in spanish): https://www.elheraldodechihuahua.co...-ola-celeste-marea-verde-provida-7196554.html
I mean they are the most conservative party in Mexico but this is going to confuse a lot of Americans/International people because I don't think anyone who is familiar with Fox or Calderón is gonna think of them as "ultraconservative" in totallity

they're certainly radical when it comes to social policy though and aligned with the church. I know what you mean though.

Guamu

Oct 27, 2017
Well at least they will no longer come into these threads touting their poison, they are on the same level as MAGA morons.

Oh, C'mon. Having opinions against the president, Morena or 4T is very far from being MAGA morons. I think that the majority of AMLO's speeches and actions about having ended the corruption are bullshit and at the same time I'm glad with this supreme court decision. My political ideas may not be to Fercho's liking, but we're not a hive-mind nor "PRIANISTAS".

And you can go read MexicoERA, everybody there is happy with this news.

Also, I was reading more about the reach of this resolution, it basically has to be abided nation wide, by federal and state judges alike. I wonder if some states try and come with other shady shit to try and fine insane amounts for the crime, as far as I understand it, this resolution doesn't decriminalize the act of abortion, it just prevents any woman from being put into jail for it.

That's right, there are other states that need changes to the laws so abortion is not penalized. For example, Sinaloa's constitution stated that the government had to protect life starting at the time of conception (Artículo 4 Bis A, fracción I: "el Estado tutela el derecho a la vida desde el momento en que un individuo es concebido"). That was also declared unconstitutional today.

I mean they are the most conservative party in Mexico but this is going to confuse a lot of Americans/International people because I don't think anyone who is familiar with Fox or Calderón is gonna think of them as "ultraconservative" in totallity

they're certainly radical when it comes to social policy though and aligned with the church. I know what you mean though.

I think that PES is the most conservative party. Fortunately their alliance with Morena couldn't save them and they're going to lose their registry (again). Unfortunately I expect them to apply again (with their 3rd name ¬_¬) on the next election.

Bisha Monkey

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Oh, C'mon. Having opinions against the president, Morena or 4T is very far from being MAGA morons. I think that the majority of AMLO's speeches and actions about having ended the corruption are bullshit and at the same time I'm glad with this supreme court decision. My political ideas may not be to Fercho's liking, but we're not a hive-mind nor "PRIANISTAS".

And you can go read MexicoERA, everybody there is happy with this news.

If you read my posts again, you will see I was referring to individual who identify themselves as PANISTAS (or even worse nonpartisian), you know, the kind of ones that were pushing Ricardo Anaya as their preferred candidate for the past presidential election, or tout FeCAL/Peña as the better presidents whenever they have a chance. They are the kind of people who bothside politics, here in México and the US those type of persons are the reason a real evolution in the political discourse is an uphill battle.

Last edited:

Guamu

Oct 27, 2017
If you read my posts again, you will see I was referring to individual who identify themselves as PANISTAS (or even worse nonpartisian), you know, the kind of ones that were pushing Ricardo Anaya as their preferred candidate for the past presidential election, or tout FeCAL/Peña as the better presidents whenever they have a chance. They are the kind of people who bothside politics, here in México and the US those type of persons are the reason a real evolution in the political discourse is an uphill battle.

Got it. Don't wanna derail the thread because i quoted you, but really it was a response to Fercho's comment. But still, I know several people IRL that voted for Anaya, think AMLO is the antichrist, think Calderón is the GOAT AND are glad with this development.

Sr Kitsune

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Baja California, Mexico
Nice, that is amazing. I was kind of expecting that we were going to land somewhere like "you can deny the service but have to refer to a medic who will do it". But this is better.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
Update which is kind of related:

The Mexican Supreme Court just ruled that you can't use the "I can't do this because of my deeply held personal beliefs" excuse to not provide Medical Treatment of any kind. Health services must be guaranteed.

I'm so fucking proud.

Good. That was and is a stupid excuse. If you can't do the job because of something like that when it's a job that important then find another job. I will never understand why such things are accepted for such important roles. It just makes no sense.