• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
User warned: Thread derailment
MOD EDIT: Removed spoiler; do not post spoilers in a sales thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Very obvious this would happen. The Switch is crazy good at moving games.

anaa

Unshakable Resolve
Jun 30, 2019
Its a great game, well deserved. Switch boost still having an effect! Hope it continues to hit milestones for the series (and encourages Nintendo to invest in robust new entries to dormant franchises)

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully Nintendo and Mercury Steam will continue working together. Just let them have an unlimited budget and let them do their magic once again.

Maybe try at a new dormant Nintendo 2D IP? New Kid Icarus game?

This would make me extremely happy as someone that is thoroughly enjoying Metroid Dread (and Samus Returns) and a Kid Icarus fan. Would be fine if they fleshed out Sakurai's vision of Kid Icarus Uprising with a new release.

JusDoIt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I hope it outsells the Prime games. I'm sure Prime 4 will leapfrog and take the lead again, but I want Nintendo to see 2D Metroid needs to be held in equal esteem.

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
z8u0VW0.gif

Jan 13, 2020
Selling pretty well but still below Monster Hunter is about what I expected. Hope it sells super well, it's a great game.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Deserved. Playing the game, I can see why Nintendo was pushing the game so hard marketing-wise. Mercury Steam and Nintendo knocked it out of the park!

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
Well deserved! I really hope the rumors of the Retro Studios Prime Remake are true so new fans of the series can experience one of the greatest games of all time

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Now this the kind of news I like to hear, come on Japan you up next
It's doing well on Amazon Japan, at least! #1 in Switch and #3 overall.

Amazon.co.jp Best Sellers: The most popular items in Nintendo Switch Games

Amazon.co.jp Best Sellers: The most popular items in Nintendo Switch Games

Amazon.co.jp Best Sellers: The most popular items in Video Games

Amazon.co.jp Best Sellers: The most popular items in Video Games

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I'm hugely anti-spoiler and agree that joke should've been tagged better, but like... are yall actually upset about being spoiled that something isn't in the game? Like, you were denied the surprise of reaching the credits without ever seeing a thing? lol

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Let's go! Prime 4 might do even better.
It really depends on how it is and what it looks like. Also is it for the succ? Or in the twilight of the Switch's generational cycle? Or is it cross Gen?

But otherwise yeah, I think it's definitely possible for sure. Good time to be a Metroid fan.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Just started the credit roll, amazing game 10/10. Glad to see sales are looking good, would love to see Nintendo keep on with more entries, been far too long waiting for Dread.