• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think Metro Exodus's Metacritic Score will be?

• 93-100

Votes: 69 3.6%
  • 89-92

Votes: 423 22.2%
  • 85-88

Votes: 827 43.4%
  • 81-84

Votes: 454 23.8%
  • <80

Votes: 131 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hype-Lord

Jan 8, 2019
Moscow, Russia
Because you didn't have a lot of agency in Wolfestein games, or in Titanfall 2, and both were highly praised games.
Alright, I kinda used the wrong word. What I mean is there most of the story delivered like that: you stand or sit in front of the character, he talks for 10-20 mins about something, nobody does anything (maybe walks from one corner to another or drinks), your protagonist is silent. Very exciting.

Anshelm

Oct 28, 2017
This is the first time that the dev team isn't held back by poor working conditions or the bankruptcy of THQ. I'm expecting Exodus to get close to 90 on metacritic as the previous games were great despite those issues.

Oct 26, 2017
I agree that better agency would be a good thing, but it isn't really related to being a modern game or not. It's just the style of game.

20 years ago there were games with more agency, and linear FPS with no agency, and now in 2019 it's the same, there are some games with rpg touches where you can participate more in the story, and others were the story is more passive.

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
81-82 i guess. Watched a bit of one playthrough and the AI is utter crap. Sometimes when Artyom is shooting monsters they just give up fighting and give their back, if there is group of them, it happens one or two to not even react to the sound of his gun. Similar with human AI - these run at you and not trying to hide.
Badly scripted scenes are back as well with series of mini qte.

That said, the atmosphere seems great and i like that 4A have went with more open areas a bit closer to STALKER this time.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OPs who doesn't include countdowns need to be spanked.

Here ya go:
t1550070000z0.png

TheUnforgiven

Banned
Nov 23, 2018
Does this game roll with Denuvo on PC?

I wonder how mad are scene groups at the steam skip. We will know soon I guess.

misho8723

Jan 7, 2018
Slovakia
Hmmmm... this is going to be interesting.. Last Light is my personal favorite FPS game of all time, but if I would play it first time on Normal, it wouldn't be so great.. Metro games are best played and the best experience on atleast Hardcore difficulty, but Ranger mode is the top.. if reviewers played the game on Normal and are going to talk about how easy the game is and how dumb the AI is, that could be a problem for me.. I hope A4 rave reviews, but I don't know

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
I think previous games deserve a 90 but they have a meta of 78-79 on consoles..So yeah, I am gonna enjoy this a lot more than reviewers for sure.
I will actually be surprised if it gets more than 84-85.Still..hoping for the best.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I think you are misunderstanding the point being made. There is a difference between predicting what metacritic/opencritic score a game will get and how much you think you will like it.

I've pre ordered exodus but I also voted 85-88 in the poll. I think I will like this game more than critics.

Like I liked the first two games more than critics did. I think this game to me will be a 9 but I'll be pleasantly surprised if it scores a 90 or higher overall.

Yeah I know, but I'm still predicting 90-92. I like being optimistic and I think 4A deserves it. Everything tells me they've put a lot of love in this game and that for 5 years long.

I will enjoy the experience anyway.

First 90 is in for the PS4 version by the way. Maybe a little biased, because PS Magazine. ;-)

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/metro-exodus

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
Technically, it's 4 titles (2033, Last Light, 2033 Redux, Last Light Redux) and each one is available on 3 platforms. I think that's enough data to form a prediction of Exodus' performance.

Don't make the mistake many did by being extremely pessimistic towards Horizon Zero Dawn over the poor performance of Killzone Shadowfall.

Treat each game as a standalone experience. Especially in this case where Metro Exodus seems to be much More expansive in scope than its predecessors

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
Expecting 89ish.
If the story & acting are exceptional, could push low 90's.
If it's mostly bug free as well, then 95.

Deleted member 4072

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I just watched some Gamespot videos. It seems it'anither downgrade :(
The E3 Reveal was clearly on another level

It looks another level because it's running at double the frame rate. Never get why people say they prefer 30fps and better visuals because 60fps+ is the biggest visual upgrade you can get IMO. Any PC gameplay they released recently looks just as good as reveal.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting 78 - 82. I'm also expecting to love it, as I did the previous Metro games, and to feel that it should have scored higher.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Ex-Actarus Haha. That E3 reveal trailer has been called bullshot the minute it's released. It scripted all the way down with probably CGI here and there. From the start it was apparent that wasn't the final product.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
I want to apologize ahead of time. My review is very long, but I wanted to get specifics across. I don't like holding back then I'm talking about a review, so this one is pretty long.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
Just remember the golden rule guys..A review doesn't matter if it isn't on Metacritic.

Deleted member 35598

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
Ex-Actarus Haha. That E3 reveal trailer has been called bullshot the minute it's released. It scripted all the way down with probably CGI here and there. From the start it was apparent that wasn't the final product.

Thanks for echoing what I said. Another exemple of downgrade indeed. I really don't see how some folks think the recent videos are on par with the E3 Reveal...

Anyway, downgrade aside, I like what I've seen in the recent gameplay videos. I'm just a bit concerned the game will be less opened than what we saw in the Reveal video.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
This is part of the reason why people have a mentality that games with a score lower than 80 is garbage.

You posted that you hope the game gets low scores. That doesn't scream 'professional reviewer' to me.

The lack of any rebuttal from you indicates that any 'review' from you will not be included in any of the review aggregators. This pleases me :)

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
I'm just a bit concerned the game will be less opened than what we saw in the Reveal video
In the reveal video we saw Artyom go through a very linear tunnel. Then out in the very small open area too he followed a linear path to the train. The game was never advertised as an open world game.
And I don't know why people would want that from metro games. Very scripted linear tense and atmospheric environments have always been the heart of metro series.

Deleted member 35598

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
In the reveal video we saw Artyom go through a very linear tunnel. Then out in the very small open area too he followed a linear path to the train. The game was never advertised as an open world game.
And I don't know why people would want that from metro games. Very scripted linear tense and atmospheric environments have always been the heart of metro series.

I'm a huge Metroid Prime fan and I love atmospheric games and that's one of the think I like in Metro ( a bit too RPGish though ).

One of the great thing in Metroid Prime games is the outdoor areas are kind of a breath of fresh air ( euh not in Metroi though LOL ) after scary, dark and tensed linear sections.

I'm not asking for an Open World game at all. But those indoor sections look very claustrophobic indeed.