• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
User banned (1 day): off-topic trolling and derailing
There's nothing more pathetic than frustrated straight men.

ggdeku

Oct 26, 2017
The absurdity of a crab being thrown is pretty funny, but this was handled well. They found the guy, kicked him out, and everyone has been supportive of Hbox on twitter calling out this dude for his dumbass action. Good response overall.

Apparently the dude was drunk and was trying to apologize afterward.

Fushichou187

Nov 1, 2017
Sonoma County, California.
I'm guessing a blue crab, given the size in his hand and it being in MD and all? Can't imagine casually hurling a large male dungeness at anyone with ease.

Also, geeeeez is that simultaneously profoundly weird and incredibly childish.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
A little context for those not in the know?
Crabs are decapod crustaceans of the infraorder Brachyura, which typically have a very short projecting "tail", usually entirely hidden under the thorax. They live in all the world's oceans, in fresh water, and on land, are generally covered with a thick exoskeleton and have a single pair of pincers. Many other animals with similar names – such as hermit crabs, king crabs, porcelain crabs, horseshoe crabs, and crab lice – are not true crabs.

Nomu

Oct 27, 2017
For those asking, the crab thing is a meme. It's from some dancing crab video that's usually accompanied with "X is dead!" text. People like to say that Hbox winning is 'killing melee' and I'm guessing that's where the crab comes in here.

Deleted member 5549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

that could've caused massive damage
oh you.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Who is Hungrybox and why don't people like him.

And how do you prevent someone from coming to a tournament in the future? I doubt they check everyone's name when entering to see if they're on the list.
Don't you have to register and like pay to spectate there? I'm pretty sure you have to pay for a Spectators' Badge at CEO.

All I can really say is fuck the guy who did this. I'm sure this is going to lead to more hate for the Smash community as a whole too.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
The absurdity of a crab being thrown is pretty funny, but this was handled well. They found the guy, kicked him out, and everyone has been supportive of Hbox on twitter calling out this dude for his dumbass action. Good response overall.

'I was drunk'
'You were drunk enough to carry a crab around for 8 hours?'
'....'

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
Doesn't surprise me, coming from the Melee community. Thank god they aren't at EVO. Chanting over other people's games is one thing, but throwing things at people? That's just a new low.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Takes more than drunkenness to think it's okay to chuck a crab at someone in public good Lord lmao

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hungrybox has been bullied by this scene for a very long time now and it's disgusting.

All because he plays puff.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I thought the crab thing was from that recent reddit thing of complaining about stuff.

I'm glad it wasn't anything more serious but happy that the person involved is banned, hopefully other tourneys coordinate.

emb

Oct 28, 2017
What a weird dumb thing to do. Glad they found the guy and removed him.

mariodk18

Dec 27, 2017
Smash events run both games in tandem. I wouldn't be trying to paint the rest of the fandom as something superior when Smash 4 players turned out to be sex offenders.
Melee community had a couple of those too. Besides, sexual offenders are present everywhere. This incident has more to do with the actual Melee fanbase and their attitude towards the game and players they don't like.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's time to put up a glass barrier during those tournament. As esports grow, expect more and more of this behavior.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Melee community had a couple of those too. Besides, sexual offenders are present everywhere. This incident has more to do with the actual Melee fanbase and their attitude towards the game and players they don't like.

....no comment on the bolded excuse.
Maybe you forgot how people acted in smash 4 EVO finals, or Salem losing his mind. There are problems with the smash community as a whole.