• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Voucher program+eshop credit is probably what's keeping sales so high despite new models releasing soon.
Do wonder if we'll be facing shortages soon.
Kind of feels like Nintendo should've released the lite first and then the New so they can take their time to get rid of stock while still having hardware on the shelves.

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
Yeah, I really hope Super Mario Maker 2 will be strong in December. Do as much as New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe and worst than Super Mario Maker on 3DS would be a big disappointment.
SMM for 3DS released on the holiday season that's why it's so far ahead in the graph but it basically stoped selling a couple of months after, so SMM2 shouldn't have a problem surpassing it in this holiday season.

IronTed

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2019
SMM2 still dead even with NSMBUDX launch aligned, wonder when they'll diverge. Great openings for both PBS games.

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Those MUA3 sales dont give an acurate picture IMO. It was really hot to the level of heat wave in Japan last week, people were not in the streets. Even the Pokémon Centers were fairly empty and that seldom happens.

This has an effect on sales. I'm not saying this to spin but as an explanation. You need to factor in all the factors in order to make a determination.

CeroMiedo

Oct 26, 2017
Those MUA3 sales dont give an acurate picture IMO. It was really hot to the level of heat wave in Japan last week, people were not in the streets. Even the Pokémon Centers were fairly empty and that seldom happens.

This has an effect on sales. I'm not saying this to spin but as an explanation. You need to factor in all the factors in order to make a determination.
Are you ok?

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
So the Pro Baseball Spirits sales would have been even higher were it not for the heat wave?

Fintendo

Jun 5, 2019

That's also why Switch sales dropped.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
I like when people fall for jokes so easily. I'd assume it's also because it's been so long since the last time the "heatwave at Pokemon Center"' joke was used.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo

You say that to be funny, but MUA3 sold about twice the LTD of the Wii and PS3 versions combined. MUA2 was never released in Japan.

I like when people fall for jokes so easily. I'd assume it's also because it's been so long since the last time the "heatwave at Pokemon Center"' joke was used.

I don't think the joke made sense considering how well the game sold. That said, I don't find the joke all that tasteful considering people died in that heatwave.

IronTed

One Winged Slayer
Jun 6, 2019
They will diverge with Obon, then the updated Switch, then the Switch Lite, and then the holiday season.

Yeah, that's probably when it'll happen.

Been a while since this one came up

You say that to be funny, but MUA3 sold about twice the LTD of the Wii and PS3 versions combined. MUA2 was never released in Japan.

I don't think the joke made sense considering how well the game sold. That said, I don't find the joke all that tasteful considering people died in that heatwave.

Never knew that. Even with a tiny launch, a record's still a record I guess.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017

...ugh. Didn't know the heatwave had such serious consequences :(

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Incredible result of Pro Yakyuu Spirits! Didn't expect them to sell 175k copies on PS4, definitely didn't expect them to sell 44k copies on Vita.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 sales are both below my expectations. Not that it matters much for the publishers, since Japan isn't the target audience for any of the two games (I guess Japanese gamers who really wanted to play KCD had already imported it by now).

Fun to see how Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu keeps performing on Switch. :)

Deleted member 1607

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The best hot take.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
...ugh. Didn't know the heatwave had such serious consequences :(

It's okay, I figured most people weren't aware. Heatwaves are a serious problem, and especially old people are reluctant to use air-conditioning, and there are still superstitions about rotating fans that some older people believe in. I think we are probably a little too sensitive about it, even on a relatively mild day like today I will get emergency warnings on my phone advising to not spend a lot of time outside in the heat.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to remember to users of these threads to not fall for obvious baits, better to flat-out ignore them. They don't deserve your time and attention.

TheGreatLugia

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised at Switch sales slowing down a bit, but I'm curious if they'll pick up again at all when Fire Emblem launches.

By the way, I saw that Xenoblade 2 is still charting according to a Japanese Switch ranking but I'm not sure what the specific ranking is for. Could someone clarify if this Switch article is for a recent weekly Japanese eshop ranking, a recent monthly Japanese eshop ranking, or something else?

EANyVE4UEAABHCY

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised at Switch sales slowing down a bit, but I'm curious if they'll pick up again at all when Fire Emblem launches.

By the way, I saw that Xenoblade 2 is still charting according to a Japanese Switch ranking but I'm not sure what the specific ranking is for. Could someone clarify if this Switch article is for a recent weekly Japanese eshop ranking, a recent monthly Japanese eshop ranking, or something else?

EANyVE4UEAABHCY

Xenoblade 2 is charting top 30 since voucher promotion began.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France
Mario Maker 2 will have strong legs no doubt, it I will be a million seller in the end but I was expecting higher numbers right from the start. Switch is hot, the IP is now known (thanks to WiiU and 3DS where it did well despite a dead system and a butchered version). I was expecting a smashing success a la Splatoon 2.

LakLak

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 4, 2019
User warned: System warring.
PBS did great lmao, I'm sure it blown up most expectations. Playsation is full of surprise it seems.

MUA3 did terrible in the other hand. I think we can also cross that one when it comes to "amazing second half for the Switch in terms of sales in Japan" discussion that were brought up last week. MM2 failed to impress, MUA3 did terrible, we'll see what FE can do shortly.

Mario Maker 2 will have strong legs no doubt, it I will be a million seller in the end

Lol, I doubt it. Unless you're speaking about the end of the century maybe.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
PBS did great lmao, I'm sure it blown up most expectations. Playsation is full of surprise it seems.

MUA3 did terrible in the other hand. I think we can also cross that one when it comes to "amazing second half for the Switch in terms of sales in Japan" discussion that were brought up last week. MM2 failed to impress, MUA3 did terrible, we'll see what FE can do shortly.
No one ever brought up MUA3 when referring to the "amazing second half for the Switch in terms of sales in Japan". Nice try.

Jan 2, 2018

I don't know if it's intentional, but this reads like console-warring.

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
How many copies do you think Doom sold on Switch in Japan?
That probably wasn't the best example since Doom not selling in Japan is because it was a late port and not the target audience, but the original point for not using realistic models on Switch is still flawed FIFA has sold well on Switch too without using chibi models or anything like that.

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh

You could at least try to be subtle, lol.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
That probably wasn't the best example since Doom not selling in Japan is because it's a late port and not the target audience, but the original point for not using realistic models on Switch is still flawed FIFA has sold well on Switch too without using chibi models or anything like that.
Konami has 2 baseball series. They chose the chibi over the realistic for the Switch. Electronic Arts has no other football game series. As far as I can remember there hasn't been any other football games on the Switch, but FIFA is way behind what Inazuma Eleven games sold on 3DS for example.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017

You sound familiar.