• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
His Bat out of Hell II album followed me on many weekly drives home from university. That was one of a few albums that I have lasting memories and warm feelings for. If I made a "soundtrack of my life" list, it would be on it for sure. RIP.

Brandino

Avenger
Jan 9, 2018
Damn. My grandpa loved him. He was one of the first concerts I got to see when I was about 12 years old. I think I'd Do Anything for Love was the big song at the time

Booker Do It

Sep 25, 2018
RIP Meat Loaf. A huge part of my childhood. I used to listen to Bat 1 on constant repeat, perfect album from start to finsh, loved Bat 2 as well, one of the first albums I bought with my own money.
Thank you for the memories.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, man. RIP

Edit: Whaaaa? I didn't realize he was an anti-vaxxer.
wtf dude.
Sounds like COVID got him real quick too.
Doubt he was vaccinated.

Last edited:

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
My first concert was seeing Meatloaf when I was 13 after Bat out of Hell II came out. Now you might think seeing Meatloaf at 13 with your parents might not have been the coolest thing in the world, and you may very well be right, but my parents loved him and that love rubbed off on me. It was an awesome show and really set a high bar on what to expect at a concert. So many great songs, he and Steinman might have been one of the most potent combos ever.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
RIP.

Edit: Sorry TheVoid, seem to have quoted you by mistake!

Damn, man. RIP

Edit: Whaaaa? I didn't realize he was an anti-vaxxer.
wtf dude.
Sounds like COVID got him real quick too.
Doubt he was vaccinated.

Someone isn't an anti-vaxxer because they're anti-mandates.

I think mandates are horrible, but I'm certainly not against vaccination!

C'mon now...

Last edited:

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, that sucks. One of my favorite musicians. The first Bat Out of Hell is a top five all time record. Of his recent (meaning last 20 years) output, Hang Cool Teddy Bear had some great songs on it too.

And as usual, these threads bring out the pillar of morality Era members who love to ignore literally every positive contribution someone has made to the world and point out why they're actually not perfect human beings. God help any of them if every decision they make in their lives are ever held up to public scrutiny.

Dude made some bone headed remarks, and not every decision was flawless, but he did a lot of genuine, tangible good, and I feel like his 74 years on earth were a pretty big net positive

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
If he died because he didn't get vaccinated, there just is no excuse.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Love his work; metal/rock artists with a love for the symphony of it all have a solid place in my heart.

Bizarrely we also had meat loaf for dinner last night, which I haven't made in years...

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Damn, that sucks. One of my favorite musicians. The first Bat Out of Hell is a top five all time record. Of his recent (meaning last 20 years) output, Hang Cool Teddy Bear had some great songs on it too.

And as usual, these threads bring out the pillar of morality Era members who love to ignore literally every positive contribution someone has made to the world and point out why they're actually not perfect human beings. God help any of them if every decision they make in their lives are ever held up to public scrutiny.

Dude made some bone headed remarks, and not every decision was flawless, but he did a lot of genuine, tangible good, and I feel like his 74 years on earth were a pretty big net positive

Ehh, I love his music. But, writing off climate change denial and being against vaccine mandates in the middle of a global deadly pandemic (which, whoops, you died from) as "boneheaded" is putting it lightly. Those are two attitudes that are literally destroying the fucking world right now.

It sucks the guy is gone. He made some awesome music. But, what really sucks is if it was his political views that might have gotten him killed. And that needs to be discussed every time it happens, because there are millions like him in the world. It doesn't make his death less tragic. It makes it more, because it could have been avoided.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Ehh, I love his music. But, writing off climate change denial and being against vaccine mandates in the middle of a global deadly pandemic (which, whoops, you died from) as "boneheaded" is putting it lightly. Those are two attitudes that are literally destroying the fucking world right now.

It sucks the guy is gone. He made some awesome music. But, what really sucks is if it was his political views that might have gotten him killed. And that needs to be discussed every time it happens, because there are millions like him in the world. It doesn't make his death less tragic. It makes it more, because it could have been avoided.

How would being against vaccine mandates have gotten him killed?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Did a lot of work for multiple children's charities.
Im not going to compare him to the worst out there but I dont think "he donated" is a good measure of whether a person is good or not because some of the worst people out there donate regularly. Some for religious reasons some for image some for tax breaks. A lot of Republicans regularly donate including people like Cruz, Mitch, and yep Donald Trump.

He was definitely a maga type. You dont go after a kid, greta, and call her brainwashed if you aren't a science denying magat.

Anyway, I always liked his music so Rip. I was just very disappointed in him in the end.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Damn.

Stage Fright is maybe a less appreciated performance of his. But I love him in that and he did some of the music. Just watched a few days ago...

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

If you read the thread it is almost 95 percent positive. But, as usual, people that are a fan of an artist get offended at any criticism of the man, even though his views were typical right wing rhetoric, in the end.

How far does your morality line go? Because off the top of my head I can think of quite a few people that are probably net positive over a life time but are now cancelled for good reason such as JK Rowling.

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
RIP to such a great guy.

First heard him on the South Park Chef Aid Album and then explored his catalogue in aww.

Also, found this hilarious piece when he met the paedo prince himself Andrew Edwards during a televised charity game show event in 1987 at Alton Towers.

""I think Andrew got a little – I could be wrong, I'm just reading into this – I think he got a little jealous…[of Sarah Ferguson paying attention to him back in 1987] Anyway, he tried to push me in the water. He tried to push me in the moat. "So I turned around and I grabbed him and he goes, 'You can't touch me. I'm royal.' I said, 'well you try to push me in the moat, Jack, I don't give a shit who you are, you're goin' in the moat.'"

Meatloaf was some guy hahaha.

Source: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...s/meat-loaf-prince-andrew-royal-b1997852.html

Last edited:

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
If you read the thread it is almost 95 percent positive. But, as usual, people that are a fan of an artist get offended at any criticism of the man, even though his views were typical right wing rhetoric, in the end.

How far does your morality line go? Because off the top of my head I can think of quite a few people that are probably net positive over a life time but are now cancelled for good reason such as JK Rowling.
No, JK Rowling has definitely done more to harm people than Meat Loaf making a couple tweets denying climate change lol, and I don't appreciate having to randomly defend my position that she's an awful person

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Vaccines are a communal responsibility, not personal.

I'm not wasting my time arguing the merits of something that has effectively existed for our entire lives.

I agree.

That doesn't mean one has to think that mandates are a good way of going about things!

(But I'll leave this for now as I don't really want to shit up this topic for a discussion which is probably better suited to a another thread!)

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, wow… Grew up hearing him, and even into teens and early adulthood my Mother especially would still blare his music through the house. Feels unreal.

RIP and condolences to his family and friends.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
No, JK Rowling has definitely done more to harm people than Meat Loaf making a couple tweets denying climate change lol, and I don't appreciate having to randomly defend my position that she's an awful person
I'm not trying to get you to defend Rowling, I'm trying to get you to see how that shitty argument falls apart when it is applied to others. Rowling has donated a shit ton of money to charities and has been involved in charity work for decades. Fuck her anyway.

the "net positive" argument is always used to defend the worst of people. I've seen it used for Rowling, Kanye, Jackson, Barr, Trump, and hell even fucking Bill Cosby. Don't believe me? Go out there and read some message boards and see "your great and enlightened philosophy" being used in that way.

Mother Theresa is another good example. You should stop using it.

Last edited: