• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ominym

Oct 25, 2017
Still can't believe we live in a country where multiple mass shootings like this happen per week and literally nothing happens outside of news coverage.

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck every conservative that allows this to continue to happen. Fuck the NRA lobby. Blood is on their hands and they give no shits. Our government is broken beyond repair.

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
You sometimes never know how impactful a shooting is until it lands in your backyard. (Lives in El Paso)

A good chunk of my family thankfully lives on the westside of town, whereas the shooting at Wal-Mart/Cielo Vista Mall happened on the East side. Still, had to make sure no family decided to go to Cielo Vista today.

Doesn't change facts though that a good sum of people sadly got gunned down and while arrests have been made, the situation is still very much active.

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017
And just think there will be people thinking "Pah it's only 18 dead. Why should I give up my guns?"
Also, 18 dead probably no longer ranks in the top 5 number of dead in a mass shooting in america.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The NRA did this to us. The Republicans did this to us. Over and over and over again.

RIP to the victims.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So right off the bat one of the deadliest shootings in the US (in the top 10).

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
What is the point of them showing videos of people hiding while people are getting murdered in the background?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
No one thinks they won't make it home from a day of shopping but this is where we are

Ominym

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck every conservative that allows this to continue to happen. Fuck the NRA lobby. Blood is on their hands and they give no shits. Our government is broken beyond repair.
This goes beyond Republicans even though they're the worst of it.

Any Democrat too cowardly to bring forth or vote for gun legislation is to blame. Any group of people that make politicians think attempting gun reform is "political suicide" are to blame. News networks dropping this as a topic immediately are to blame. Low voter turnout that stifles candidates who would bring forth radical change is to blame.

This whole country needs to change.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
RIP to the victims. This is so sad... and IMO this goes beyond republicants and NRA. Of course they are at fault, but they're a sympton of an horrific gun culture that so many people embrace and don't want to give up their stupid freedom at expense of inocents getting killed. It's just a terrible vision of a big part of American society, one that ignore death of innocent for their "right" to own an object..

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
not gonna link to it, but someone, maybe one of the shooters, may have posted on 8chan prior to things and posted a manifesto copycating off the christchurch murderer, reason being the hispanic takeover of texas

no way to know for sure if it's true but smfh if it is

baskcm

Oct 27, 2017
It took one classroom shooting for the uk to change its gun laws. By now america should really take a long look at its gun laws and decide how much longer this can go on

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
CNN reporting 11 patients taken to the hospital, but that seems incredibly low in comparison to other reports.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This goes beyond Republicans even though they're the worst of it.

Any Democrat too cowardly to bring forth or vote for gun legislation is to blame. Any group of people that make politicians think attempting gun reform is "political suicide" are to blame. News networks dropping this as a topic immediately are to blame. Low voter turnout that stifles candidates who would bring forth radical change is to blame.

This whole country needs to change.
I'm still quite comfortable with calling out the main culprits though: the NRA and Republicans.

Only if you hammer that connection into people's heads, they will vote accordingly.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
People need to learn the horror of these situations. Until then, being too far removed allows the continued apathy to take place.

Yep, otherwise it's just a number.

Had we had more photos and videos of kids being gunned down in Sandy Hook there might have been more of an outcry. Sadly, keyword there being "might".

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
It took one classroom shooting for the uk to change its gun laws. By now america should really take a long look at its gun laws and decide how much longer this can go on

I firmly think we have taken that long look and at best, we have a split decision. At worse, the collective answer is "forever". I really fear we have decided this is tolerable.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Shooting becomes a norm now. I live close to Houston medical center and I hear gunshots everywhere other days. Medical. Fcking. Center. People are too quick to draw their guns. It's not about defending themselves anymore.