• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) — A shooting near a Tennessee nightclub early Sunday led to three deaths and 14 people suffering gunshot wounds and other injuries, police said.

Fourteen people were hit by gunfire and three were hit by vehicles while trying to flee the scene, Chattanooga Police Chief Celeste Murphy said during a press conference. Two people died from gunshot wounds and one person died after being hit by a vehicle, Murphy said. Sixteen of the victims were adults and one was a juvenile and several remained in critical condition, she said.

Fuck.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
At first when I saw the numbers I thought this was the Philly shooting which also had 3 dead and 10+ injured and purportedly multiple shooters

but nope, different one

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
I literally rhought this was a repeat thread of the other shooting. Man what the fuck
This is insanity

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
God, these are such easily preventable deaths and injuries. I feel sick seeing this news every day.

Leafshield

Nov 22, 2019
"We interrupt this report on a mass shooting to bring you news of this other mass shooting. Updates on the mass shooting from a couple days ago to follow." It's almost like there's a linking factor between mass shootings by definition, besides the number of victims.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
It's fucked that I'm genuinely losing track of what mass shootings I've read about now. Feel sorry for all the victims, so needless every time.

LCGeek

Oct 28, 2017
God, these are such easily preventable deaths and injuries. I feel sick seeing this news every day.

At least you feel something unlike the gaslighting republicans who are lockstep with nra and gun makers on the profit machine all the while letting their private interests and donors gin people up on replacement theory.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
This is so preventable and it hurts so much when you read about these stuff.
This is just evil and sick.

TheOMan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I came in here thinking there was a mix up between Tennessee and Philadelphia. You would think I'd know better by now.

Oct 30, 2017
What in the hell?

It took me a moment to realize it was another mass shooting since the numbers of victims were the same to the Philly one.

JFC!

ZW33

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this another one?

They are all starting to blend together.

edit: The other one was in Philadelphia
www.cnn.com

'Several active shooters' in a popular Philadelphia area leave 3 people dead and 11 others wounded

A bustling entertainment district turned into a scene of carnage when multiple shooters opened fire in the South Street area of Philadelphia, killing at least three people and wounding 11 others, police said.
www.resetera.com

Mass Shooting in Philadelphia leaves 3 dead, 14 people shot; a single cop intervened

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/14-people-shot-3-dead-after-shooting-on-south-street-in-philly/3261464/ Shockingly low death toll, for multiple shooters firing into a crowd. And a single cop stepping in perplexed all 3. Also, multiple shooters in general seems pretty rare for a...

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck i keep thinking these are duplicate threads, but nope, its a whole other mass goddamn shooting.

Im just in awe at this point.

May 14, 2021
This is the third "multiple shooters" event in the past three days. Does that imply it wasn't planned and was based more on an emotional response to a situation? Thus ruling out the GOP "mental health" excuse.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Multiple shooters in different states. Against strangers with no apparent purpose.

What is driving people to do this?

AvianAviator

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 23, 2021
Multiple shooters? These stupid fucking mass shootings are evolving. Literally how much does this shit have to escalate before anything gets done.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Multiple shooters in different states. Against strangers with no apparent purpose.

What is driving people to do this?
It's various things and not exactly pinpointable, but various levels of mental health, easy self confirming social bubbles online, and potentially fucked living conditions are all different things that add up to cause tipping points

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
"We should make sure there's only one door to get to this *checks notes* public street sidewalk" -idiots

Raxus

Oct 26, 2017
Edit: ot was Mary's bar and Grill.

Any articles outright state what club it was in?

Last edited: