• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas

RomanticHeroX

Oct 27, 2017
This is modern America in one video. People running for their lives while fireworks explode in the background.
It's really profound. It's a beautiful show that must've taken tons of planning but none of it matters because no one can actually do what needs to be done to keep people safe. They're trying to keep life going like normal while everything is on fire.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
There is literally no information other than this tweet, but there is some sort of shooting incident near the University of Illinois campus, where the annual fireworks celebration just ended.

These things are popping up all over the place. People are hearing fireworks, think its gunshots, and are running in panic.
Same thing happened in Downtown Orlando.
This is America.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's what we said with Kyle Ritthenhouse and look what happened… he just needs to land a right wing sympathetic judge on his court case
from the video it looks like he shot up a bunch of white people at a 4th of july parade. doubt right wing judges are gonna be sympathetic to that.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
I'm UK.... I was born in 1984... I can only recall 2 mass shootings in the UK in that time...

Dunblane (which caused the banning of handguns) and the Cumbria one..

Even mass knife attacks have happened but cause less impact, and of course the London bombings and Manchester bombings...

That is it...

In America it's like a every day thing..

You'll go to war over the twin towers in NY but mass shootings you sleep on... Logically it makes no sense...

Mass availablity of guns are bad, but certain lobby groups and their puppets like the status quo in the US...

I feel terrible for the large portion of people in the US that understand this, but can't do a thing about it..

There have been 4 in your lifetime, but you were probably too young to remember Hungerford. Incidentally, the image of the shooter here, is giving me mad Michael Ryan vibes. The last mass shooting, was in Plymouth a couple of years ago. Six killed by an incel with a pump action shotgun - returned to him by police incidentally, and legally owned.

While easy access to guns is of course the primary factor, in the case of the USA, there are definitely other contributions, as between 1987 and 1996, there were no mass shootings in the UK, despite pistols still being legal and shotguns and rifles likewise relatively easy to acquire.

More people have been killed by bombs and knives here, that is for sure, but there are still a ton of shotguns and rifles in circulation, and yet, fortunately, we don't have these horrible events as commonplace as you might think, considering access to mental health treatment is as poor as it has been In decades.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
Lol. Like you knew it was coming but reading that he was antifa is fucking hilarious
Right wing people need for him to be "antifa" to validate their world view and beliefs. So they will insist that is the truth in their echo chambers. That makes it real for them, regardless of any evidence to the contrary.

Makes me think of stories of people who still denied they had COVID as they were dying. Even then, when they had nothing to lose, they clung to that alternate reality.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Conservatives won't care at all since this is happening in liberal cities.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Looks like the dad's personal and professional life is about to take a turn. I read a couple of pages back that he has a deli shop. That's gone.
You think so? Nothing happened to Rittenhouse at all, in fact he gained celebrity status. This deli will probably now be the exclusive lunch spot for republicans in a show of support.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
You think so? Nothing happened to Rittenhouse at all, in fact he gained celebrity status. This deli will probably now be the exclusive lunch spot for republicans in a show of support.
Now that you mention it, I didn't even realize this. But the fact that the shooter and his dad were involved in trump politics, and the victims were largely apolitical/non-political (just people who want to have a good time), I would still think the deli would lose customers.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I've become so used to shootings that when I read about the PA shooting I got it consumed with the Illinois shooting. Jesus Christ.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Now that you mention it, I didn't even realize this. But the fact that the shooter and his dad were involved in trump politics, and the victims were largely apolitical/non-political (just people who want to have a good time), I would still think the deli would lose customers.

Boomers in my gym were laughing about Buffalo NY, days after it happened. Don't underestimate how disgusting they are.

Oct 4, 2021
how many mass shootings in the states this year all ready .. 360 or something? seriously WTF.

at this point i really think you need to consider mircochipping everyone ..
See, this is exactly the kind of thinking that got us here in the first place. Why search for a solution?

Just stack another problem on top of the shit show!

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017

These people are awful. Everyday these early retirement boomers come to planet fitness at noon and talk about Fox News instead of actually work out. They wear F Your Feelings shirts. And they even have an arrangement so they di not have to scan their card to enter, so they aren't tracked Bill Gates or some BS.

Anyways, after the Buffalo NY jokes I debated leaving the gym. Instead I just use the treadmill on the opposite side of the room and never go near the weights. It's bad for my health no skip weight lifting but it's worse to be near them.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Bailey doesn't want to talk about it cuz he, to no surprise, profits off of guns:

I want this fucker to lose so badly.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Some people just have no issue with friends and families fumbling to find their loved ones for fear of their lives when not a minute ago they were enjoying the holiday and their time off. They don't care when people die with nothing but fear. This is just a reality for these people, the chance of getting shot up when you go out to enjoy a holiday, go to a grocery store, go to school, or go to a bar is just as real to them as gravity or the air they breathe. It just is. It's the price they gladly pay to keep a gun in their closet all year, only to be taken out once to show off or fuck around in the woods.

And all you get are thoughts and prayers from the right. Prayers to a God that isn't there, and if he is it's not great that he only seems to serve the comfort of dickheads that go to church on Sundays and pray for their country to be fixed. Prayers don't help the children, the parents, the grandparents, the aunts and uncles, and the siblings that are gunned down on a weekly/daily basis. What are prayers gonna do for the nurses and doctors that failed to save a victim of a mass shooting, despite their best efforts? The answer is, "not much".

Last edited:

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
The local news station said he was known by police, had shown signs of problems in school as being "reclusive" and was offered mental services. The family declined and switched to home schooling. Wonder how much more will come out.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Lol. Like you knew it was coming but reading that he was antifa is fucking hilarious

Oh didn't you know? The pictures of him at trump rallies are either photoshopped or he was ACTUALLY a counter protestor because no trump supporter would shoot people on the 4th of July plus he colored his hair and no trump supporter would ever do that!

Kemiko

Oct 5, 2018
It just keeps happening.

One day a prominent Republicans family will be victims and then the dialogue will soon change from thoughts and prayers.