• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theBmZ

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
If you mean an actual face reveal done via a new or edited cutscene I'd guess the odds are practically non-existant.

Now, having the photo of her redone with a new design purely as a 2D asset? I can see that being possible, if for no other reason than they may want a runback on what Quarians look like under the suits and it'd cost comparatively little.
Yeah, was thinking more along the lines of an edited scene. Hell, even the photo being redone would be nice.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
might have to go for a maleshep for the first time since my initial playthrough in 1. supposedly he got less wooden in the sequels? never did do a tali romance.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
another image:

EtUK313XMAI2R_H

supposedly to display some of the new black hair styles they've thankfully introduced for the remaster

Just let me recreate my badass Shepard.

Fy7S6qG.png

HYHzQvJ.png

xLJou66.png

UHX7Mg6.png

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any news on if this will include the Genesis comics for ME2 and ME3 for people who want to skip to either of those games?

Stoney Mason

Oct 25, 2017
might have to go for a maleshep for the first time since my initial playthrough in 1. supposedly he got less wooden in the sequels? never did do a tali romance.
I tried once and I couldn't. I'm sure that dude is a good voice actor in other things but his voice with the way he handles Shepard is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Female Shepard with Hale is the only way I can play that game without my ears bleeding.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Really curious as to how the ME1 remaster will compare to the modded OG game. Last I checked you can mod:
  • Better MAKO handling
  • XP Rescale to reach lvl 60 in a playthrough
  • Better textures and videos through ALOT and ALOV
  • Controller Support
  • Faster Elevator and Airlocks
For most the Legendary Edition is a no-brainer but for those like me who own the original trilogy and the DLC bundles on PC, I'm skeptical on paying $60 for games I already own. But for those on consoles or those who've never played Mass Effect, this is definitely a deal and a half.
Modded controller support nukes keyboard and mouse support, which is why I've never used it. Safe to say that these will offer native support for both, which is a big selling point for me, even as someone who uses mods extensively.

Still don't know what my gameplan is on this. At the very least, I need to see if basic ass coalesced.ini mods are still available.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I think it speaks to a divide with the Mass Effect fandom and I suspect Bioware itself.

Some people desperately want Mass Effect to return to the deep space exploration promise of that first game. While the rest want it to run as far away from that as possible.

I'm definitely the latter. Barren worlds do absolutely nothing for me. The stuff that excites me about Mass Effect is the lived-in universe and the melding of wildly disparate cultures. There's a Kaiden line from the first game that sums up what Mass Effect is to me:

"We finally get out here, and the final frontier was already settled. And the residents don't even seem impressed by the view."

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
My dumb list of things I want:
  • Ability for all party members to holster weapons in Mass Effect 3.
  • Full PC controller support (already confirmed).
  • Restoration of cut dialog in Mass Effect 3.
  • Ability to romance characters previously unavailable, specifically Kaiden MaleShep romance in ME1 and FemShep Jack Romance in ME2-3.
  • Expanded customization options in all three games. Including have ME1 type armors in ME3 with full customization and vice versa.
  • More black hairstyles in every game.
  • ME1 inventory not being hot trash.
  • ME1 weapons being less recolors and more unique models.
  • ME3 type weapon customization in ME1 but retaining ME1 breadth of weapon stat/ability customization.
  • At least one prompt in ME1 to let players know they can zoom in with the Mako Cannon.
  • Better mini-games/gambling games in ME1 on Citadel.
  • The Decryption and Electronics being combined in ME1 so you aren't forced to carry someone on your team that is high in both to unlock shit.
  • In ME2, some reward for doing all those Liara tasks concerning the Shadow Broker before initiating the DLC.
  • In ME2, full cutscenes when speaking to Zaeed and Kasumi on the ship.
  • In ME2-3, ability to pour yourself a drink in the bar on the ship.
  • Fixing ME3's broken ass Journal and Menu UI.
  • Fix stock Tali .jpg in ME3.
  • Fix missing textures on crowd models in ME3. Seriously, there are models straight up lacking textures on the Citadel.
  • Fix framerate dips in ME3 particularly on the Citadel as it gets more packed.
  • Fix texture load-in in ME1.
  • Fix the way cover works in ME1.
  • Fix enemy AI in ME1 so they don't blindly charge you while repeating "ENEMIES EVERYWHERE!" and "I WILL DESTROY YOU!"
Big dumb, dumb list of wants:
  • Complete integration of Miranda as a squadmate in ME3 you cowards!
  • Reworking of existing audio files to allow for some party banter in ME2, particularly on small side missions in which neither Shepard nor the party speak at all.
  • Ability for FemShep to at least punch Jacob in the face in ME3.
  • Some unique loot in ME3 instead of everything becoming some War Asset which is just some dumb number stat.
  • In ME3, Rework some autodialog into actual dialog conversations with choices, essentially tone down autodialog about 25%.
  • Full Samara romance in ME3.
  • Fix ME3's shitass ending that you know is shit but keep trying to pretend is good but everyone and their mum knows is shit and its been near a decade and no one has ever come around and said its actually secretly good, its shit.
  • Delete Kai Leng.

Last edited:

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
I really hope the ME3 quest log gets fixed. That would just take some new text. You can do it!

Surely Tali.jpg will be fixed, everyone in the world made fun of it and they just need to swap it out for a better .jpg.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Fix ME3's shitass ending that you know is shit but keep trying to pretend is good but everyone and their mum knows is shit and its been near a decade and no one has ever come around and said its actually secretly good, its shit.

Crossing my fingers that they sneak a stealth retcon into the remaster without telling anybody about it.

INDOCTRINATION THEORY LIVES, DAMMIT

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
The problem with all this is the amount of empty space to put in open-world environments seems to be a really subjective and divisive issue. This whole argument reminds me of the sailing in Wind Waker or the horseback riding in Shadow of the Colossus. Some people found that stuff boring but at the same time it succeeded in eliciting a sense of scale and isolation.

Mass Effect 1 in general is very confounding because its development was extremely chaotic, and all its individual pieces are extremely flawed, but somehow it all still came together to create an attractive storyline and setting.
Unfortunately I think ME1 was a prime example of old BioWare Magic, whereby through a lot of adversity and scrambling to pull everything together in the last minutes they managed to make something that wasn't the most refined but was unique and special in part because of that necessity to get things done. But in doing things in such a way they never really got a strong handle on why those things really worked in the first place or didn't work in some cases. Uncharted Worlds worked for some despite themselves and the many flaws and shortcomings around them. I'm not all that convinced BioWare really knew what they were doing with them or ever realized why they happened to really work and resonate with some people.

I think that's all the more apparent given the fact that they completely ditched them in ME2 and 3 as they didn't know how to improve them or make them work with the tools/resources they had available so they decided to just not bother with them again. BioWare then and now is often feels quite reactionary when it comes to feedback and other major trends in gaming. They have a weird habit of making drastic changes and reductions in their games due to that where they otherwise don't need to or shouldn't. Choosing to cut instead of improving or refining. A good example is how how they gutted ME2's romances and certain characters at the last minutes due to fears of Fox News after the reaction to the ME1 sex scenes.

That lack of understanding became even clearer in Andromeda where both their own desires and those of ME1 fans wanting a return of exploration they went down the route they did with that game. First they wasted years on procedural tech to create dozens of worlds for players to discover and explore which should have been clear from the start wouldn't work with their style of story/content driven games. Even after ditching that the end result still completely missed the mark and we got these bland open world maps that lacked any real sense of discovery or wonder as they just copied many of the same hallmarks and tropes of every other open world at the time. Mechanically and visually they were quite sound and well done, but outside of that their overall design and implementation was pretty terrible and showed a fundamental misunderstanding of what it meant to explore a new world and discover new things. Not to mention just the overall pacing and structure of levels and locations that made the ME trilogy so good which just wasn't possible in these open world type games.
I'm definitely the latter. Barren worlds do absolutely nothing for me. The stuff that excites me about Mass Effect is the lived-in universe and the melding of wildly disparate cultures. There's a Kaiden line from the first game that sums up what Mass Effect is to me:

"We finally get out here, and the final frontier was already settled. And the residents don't even seem impressed by the view."
While the terrain and level design of the Uncharted Worlds was quite barren and rudimentary the whole point of them was to show exactly that the galaxy was not empty. It was full of life and activity even on the most desolate and seemingly untouched planets. You had unexpected pirates, colonies, secret bases, communes, ancient relics and so on. The galaxy was new to humankind but even on the most remote and seemingly desolate worlds we weren't the first to traverse them.

It's understandable that the execution of those worlds left a lot to be desired for many people, but I don't think they were fundamentally flawed or in opposition to the style of story driven game many people want focused around alien species and interaction, just held back by the tech at the time and resources BioWare was able to commit to them.

ZeroDS

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Yo so is Andromeda worth playing? Games got such a bad rep I'm not sure if should spend time on it

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Yo so is Andromeda worth playing? Games got such a bad rep I'm not sure if should spend time on it
Depends on what you're into and not into. If you go in with the right expectations and just focus on the main missions(Priority Ops) and Loyalty Missions you might enjoy it. Plenty of people liked the game and even really enjoyed it. It's not some fundamentally broken and objectively terrible game. If it wasn't an ME game I probably would like it a lot more. As a game it's not bad, but as an ME game it's rather disappointing. It does some things well it just fails to live up to its legacy.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This time I'll actually pick Liara for the romance option. I initially went Ashley > Miranda > Stayed with Miranda, but 3 makes it really evident that Liara is given the most attention and has the best chemistry by the end with Shepard.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This time I'll actually pick Liara for the romance option. I initially went Ashley > Miranda > Stayed with Miranda, but 3 makes it really evident that Liara is given the most attention and has the best chemistry by the end with Shepard.
Tali works very well from 2 > 3 and is pretty satisfying when you're on Rannoch with her.

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, this looks great. I only played a bit of the first one back in 09 and it didn't quite grab me. Happy to try again with this though.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
When this first got leaked I wasn't planning on getting it but now I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on it. I played through the first game, like, 7 times back to back to back, I couldn't get enough of it. It'll be fun to revisited this world.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I don't know if I want to buy this or not. Im gonna be buying MLB The Show for the first time during my vacation in April on XSX. Then I'm gonna probably buy Returnal (depending on reviews) in April. Probably buying RE8 in May. Outriders potentially too. And I'm debating buying a switch in a week or two

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
From what I've read on Twitter apparently this is how Eden Prime should look like according to the codec and etc. Someone else was saying assets from ME3 were brought over to make sure things looked similar and that it was more accurate to the canon and overall trilogy.

I'm too lazy to double-check and check the accuracy of everything but if so that makes sense.

I mean, I understand the continuity reason based on ME3, but still, you can have some weird atmosphere going on that is different.

The truth is that it happens all the time in remasters and remakes (like that unfortunate 343 Guilty Spark level in Halo Anniversary), and that's just a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.