• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
God I cannot wait for this. Was my favorite series last gen I think(even with 3 kind of knocking it down a tad), but will happily play through it.

Kind of want to wait for mods to alter some things in them, but might just be better off doing a day one regular run then later a modded one.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to play this again. So many memories.

I'll probably make the exact same choices as last time lol.

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
If the ending of the trilogy didn't sour me like it did, I would be giddy with this remastered but I guess whatever makes the fans happy

AYF 001

Oct 28, 2017
I know they said ME3 MP won't be in the game, but I would love to see it back as a standalone release if possible.

Also, any word on PC controller support?

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone buying the "collectors edition", which doesn't come with a copy of the game? It is a pretty neat helmet, but also $150

www.ea.com

Mass Effect™ Legendary Edition - EA Official Site

Relive the legend of Commander Shepard in the highly acclaimed Mass Effect trilogy with the Mass Effect Legendary Edition.

I'll be buying the game on ps5 but think i'll pass on the helmet, its pretty neat but i can't imagine ever wearing it, but it is neat.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Wonderful to see the original game go beyond its "UE3-look." I'm pretty pleased with the change so far.

Now bring back the film grain to ME3 and we're golden.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
I'm so excited for this. ME1 is one of my all-time favorites. I liked ME2 a LOT but not as much as 1. ME3 is just muddled through but it definitely had good moments.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh only ME1 received a (thorough) visual makeover?

I'm ambivalent about getting this thing. I rarely replay RPGs, and this trilogy didn't end on a great note lol. Guess I could go Renegade.

Last edited:

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They're making all the right changes. As for lens flare... Mass Effect always used them. Even the logo has it!

VbVJ7SJ.png

IronicSonic

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So many memories while watching the trailer and the screens. Even reading DLC includes. Amazing series, will get for sure.

Zok310

Oct 25, 2017
So will the 3 games play like they originally did in terms of gun play, or did they just choose the best one (part 2) and applied to all 3 games?

Oct 25, 2017
I only ever played the original release of first one, never got around to the second or third. I can't even remember if I beat that first one, that was 13 years ago!
Maybe 2021 is the year.

vastick

Banned
May 4, 2019
As usual lately, another remaster that looks worse than the original. Pointless changes that ruin the atmosphere with washed out colors and even more lens flares for some reason.

Kasztan

Feb 25, 2020
Can you hide your weapon while exploring planets in all three games(Like og me1 and 2)??

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I am so excited to replay ME1 again with all these improvements. Everything else is just icing on the cake.

Particularly looking forward to the ease of maintaining different playthroughs and saves too for different choices, male vs femshep, etc.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Will definitely buy it. I never played 1, started with 2 on PS3 and fell in love with it.
Really looking forward to play everything once again, though I will probably retread my choices from the first time.
It does look really good for not being a complete remake. I dig it.

domstah

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ATX
There was a plan just after Mass Effect 3 came out to do a trilogy edition where each game would "seamlessly" lead in to the next.

In the end, Bioware didn't want to pay for all the work that would take (also Mass Effect 3 underperformed) and chose a port of Mass Effect for PS3, and bundled the separate releases together.

Doesn't sound like they revisited that plan for this version either. 😕

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
There was a plan just after Mass Effect 3 came out to do a trilogy edition where each game would "seamlessly" lead in to the next.

In the end, Bioware didn't want to pay for all the work that would take (also Mass Effect 3 underperformed) and chose a port of Mass Effect for PS3, and bundled the separate releases together.

Doesn't sound like they revisited that plan for this version either. 😕

Where's that from?

Status
Not open for further replies.