• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Was there a time limit to use the beta codes or maybe just a problem with the ones from Amazon? I'm trying to use mine and it says not valid.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Thank god, finally got past the Hulk parts and get to play as Kamala.
Much better than Hulk IMO, but still not great.
The Hulk boss fight was pretty fun even with me bumping the difficulty back to normal. I think I just don't like Hulk being surrounded by tiny enemies. They were often hard to see (plus some of them blended into the environment) and with how tiny the health indicator is I would sometimes hardly notice before I was about to die.

The forced walking areas suck, no way around that. The sprint helps, but that should be the default speed IMO. If I wanted to walk I'd just push the analog stick forward less.

I think part of the problem is that I've been playing through Spider-Man PS4 the last few days and the combat in that game is incredible.
In that game you just have to be facing the general direction of an enemy and hit R1 to hit them with a range attack, I'm really not a fan of in Avengers holding L2, manually aiming, and hitting R2 for ranged attacks.

Obviously it's much easier to design combat in a single superhero game than one with half a dozen, but if Avengers would just implement that one change for the ranged attacks I think it would improve the flow of combat SO much.

Malkier

Oct 25, 2017
So think I'm done with the beta, don't think this game is for me. Hate how menu driven then games is and don't like how they visually designed the characters. Some of the missions are super short and didn't feel any satisfaction out if them. Got bored just trying to unlock skills for ironman already. For how fast paced the game is holding square for everything is a bit odd, just smash the look box open and get it over with please. Also feels odd with 3 other characters everyone just bears up a few enemies per wave and the special attacks don't feel all that strong/great.

IDK might get it on a good sale but just not feeling it.

FooF

One Winged Slayer
Mar 24, 2020
so is match making just down? finished all the main story stuff but tried inviting friends and were all just getting kicked from match making

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Damn well I completely lost track of time playing this. I did run into several glitches like I had a tip stay on the screen the entire time for some reason and it crashed once. Hulk was weird until I figured him out. I think everyone plays really different and the talent trees will affect that even more so I haven't got a favorite yet. Needless to say I love it. I also thought the campaign stuff was really exciting.

WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
honestly, i think this game shines in boss fights and if they're looking for good post launch content, they should focus on producing a ton of villains. facing off against multiple villains at high difficulties in just HARM alone could be a lot of fun, and a perfect way to stress squads of avengers.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game is pretty as heck and makes my ps4 pro the loudest i've ever heard

excited to try this on pc at 60fps

i like how it feels though even at 30fps

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
I was one of those Kamala naysayers but i gotta say, very smart choice, her character has already grown on me lol. Guess sometimes picking a more obscure character works better than picking one everyone loves, gives you a chance to discover something new.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
honestly, i think this game shines in boss fights and if they're looking for good post launch content, they should focus on producing a ton of villains. facing off against multiple villains at high difficulties in just HARM alone could be a lot of fun, and a perfect way to stress squads of avengers.
YES the boss fights are hella good.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Man just something feels weirdly off on this. Not a fan of the character models too. Don't mind that it's not in the likeness of the movie stars, but they just look like store brand Avengers. Performance on the Pro doesn't feel particularly great either :(

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Thank god, finally got past the Hulk parts and get to play as Kamala.
Much better than Hulk IMO, but still not great.
The Hulk boss fight was pretty fun even with me bumping the difficulty back to normal. I think I just don't like Hulk being surrounded by tiny enemies. They were often hard to see (plus some of them blended into the environment) and with how tiny the health indicator is I would sometimes hardly notice before I was about to die.

The forced walking areas suck, no way around that. The sprint helps, but that should be the default speed IMO. If I wanted to walk I'd just push the analog stick forward less.

I think part of the problem is that I've been playing through Spider-Man PS4 the last few days and the combat in that game is incredible.
In that game you just have to be facing the general direction of an enemy and hit R1 to hit them with a range attack, I'm really not a fan of in Avengers holding L2, manually aiming, and hitting R2 for ranged attacks.

Obviously it's much easier to design combat in a single superhero game than one with half a dozen, but if Avengers would just implement that one change for the ranged attacks I think it would improve the flow of combat SO much.
Whenever hulk is surrounded is when the rage def needs to be used. Which kinda makes sense.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
after a couple hours. I still like it. Even moreso. I find the combat pretty enjoyable.
My problem now is the boring loot. Like i def like the perks, and because im enjoying the game, i very much am looking forward to leveling up my characters and making them how i want.

But it just numbers and perks. Nothing to look at. So its a little weird. Considering Injustice 2 is a recent superhero game with cool loot.

idc tho im just loving playing as Black Widow. Who as a character in the comics and movies...i couldn't care any less about. But she's fun in this game

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Anybody know why the skill page says primary and you can press l2 and r2 for something we don't yet have?

Secondary skill pages at max level or something?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Is the multiplayer broken? I've tried doing the first multiplayer mission a couple of times and it keeps failing to find sessions and boots me to the main menu.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Anybody know why the skill page says primary and you can press l2 and r2 for something we don't yet have?

Secondary skill pages at max level or something?
Yeah I think is a More stuff that's prob later on in the game.
Is the multiplayer broken? I've tried doing the first multiplayer mission a couple of times and it keeps failing to find sessions and boots me to the main menu.
Yeah it's spotty right now. They are aware of it.

Oct 25, 2017
This was one of the most boring games I played all year, then I got to Kamala and went "wait, I am having fun"

Then I realized her move set is basically the blades of chaos

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
so is match making just down? finished all the main story stuff but tried inviting friends and were all just getting kicked from match making
Same issue but trying to match with randoms.

Agreed. I think it's partially because it's easier to focus on some of the deeper mechanics when there's only one person to face off with.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
they had to announce Hawkeye because his room is right there in the Helicarrier

Zenkuso

Jan 28, 2019
This almost, almost scartches that marvel heroes itch. They need to do a destiny and just use this as a platform to refine from because it has a lot of potential if they can refine the gameplay more, its almost there.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
This game has been really clicking for me the more I play it. Have cleared every mission bow with Black Widow and just want to play more.

Good job Crystal Dynamics, this game went from not even on my radar 2 months ago to probably day 1.

Really enjoy the beta.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA

I think, was also trying to do the 1st mission and sometimes someone would join but just wouldn't be able to start. Eventually I just started it on my own.

Speaking of the mission, got to the point where we took an elevator. After about 5 minutes I was like no way this elevator ride is this long. Guess it was a bug because I reloaded from the last checkpoint and the elevator ride was less than 10 seconds lol.

I really like Kamala, like her interactions with Bruce and I can just see that being just as good with the others.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I think I had my fill with the game for now.
Has potential, but right now I'm just not liking it enough to keep my pre-order.

Things I need improved to consider getting it is:
  • Snap targeting or at least aim assist when using ranged attacks for Hulk/Kamala (probably the others, but I played those two the most). Or something like Spider-Man PS4 or Batman Arkham games where tapping a trigger quick fires a range attack and whoever you're generally pointing the left stick at, which makes the flow of combat much smoother. The manual aiming just feels clunky as is.
  • Graphics settings, specifically for motion blur and screen shaking. I was legitimately starting to get a headache playing as Hulk in those early areas. Enemies could maybe use some kind of highlighting option too. Some of the random AIM goons blended into the environments too much. I'm sure the PC version will have those options, but I want them on console too since if I do get it I want Spider-Man.
  • Maybe make the super powers recharge faster. I'd personally rather them be weaker but be able to use them more often. Right now I get that bad feeling of "do I save the powers for a stronger enemy/group?" which lead to me not using them much at all.
It does look a lot nicer than I was expecting. At least when the screen isn't shaking all the time.
And I do like the characters and the direction the story seems to be going.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
Yeah, the matchmaking is kinda bad currently. But, one thing I did notice is when looking for a match, not everyone has MM enabled (or the game resets the setting somehow). The game will match me with one person but it'll say 1/2 MM enabled in the bottom left corner. The couple times where I found a full match it says 2/2 enabled or 3/3 and so on. Weird.

Oct 25, 2017
This game feels like it wants to be everything, but it feels like nothing.

The loot is so uninteresting. It's all just RNG rolled nothing.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Wew, doing a strike mission and that frame rate tanks on base PS4.

Don't regret getting it now but I may not play it heavily until the PS5 upgrade.

basefree

Jan 24, 2018
I feel like the game needs a lot of polish within the next month, performance is pretty terrible in some places, and there's some janky animations here and there. The weird thing is, the intro felt super polished, but the rest of the missions don't really match up to it in comparison.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
Really surprised how good this looks on the Pro especially with HDR. They throw a lot at you in the start and I fumbled with the control but so far I'm surprised.