• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Was nice reading the AMA, was cool to see how different some of the characters are. I knew each character wasn't going to control like Kratos, Batman or Spider-Man because they gotta focus on other characters too but it's nice to hear how one guy prefers playing as IM and another prefers Ms Marvel.

I'm a big IM fan so could main him but I could see myself having fun with any of them. Hell, I'm excited for Hawkeye because he should be interesting too.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Most excited for Iron Man for sure. It's gonna be hard for them to introduce a character that I will want to main more than him. Being able to switch weapons with the d-pad and have that change his moves just sounds really sick.

Legend J 858

Oct 25, 2018
In the US and the pre download is up. Downloading as I type up this post:

4754bdea-61fb-4f4e-851e-b9184e2c61ab-jpeg.2624593

Legend J 858

Oct 25, 2018
Best Buy has a $10 rewards zone cert for pre ordering any version of the game and also the deluxe version of the game comes with a steelbook case. I pre ordered the standard version off amazon back on 7-30 and got my beta access code a day later from a amazon email I went this route mainly because they don't charge full price up front for pre ordering a game and your card does not get charged until the game ships from them. Best Buy I keep getting different stories about pre orders but they still charge your card full price if your pre order online off bestbuy.com. A store employee about a month ago said to me "Oh we don't do in store pre orders anymore for video games. They changed the bestbuy.com website where now you can pre order and pay the minimum and not get charged full price up front". So I went in store to my local Best Buy store last Sunday and was able to do a in store pre order for the deluxe version of the game and only put the minimum $5 down. I still have not gotten a email from Best Buy for a early access beta code. I've checked the Best Buy forums and emailed them.

Tycho Kepler

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 22, 2018
Best Buy has a $10 rewards zone cert for pre ordering any version of the game and also the deluxe version of the game comes with a steelbook case. I pre ordered the standard version off amazon back on 7-30 and got my beta access code a day later from a amazon email I went this route mainly because they don't charge full price up front for pre ordering a game and your card does not get charged until the game ships from them. Best Buy I keep getting different stories about pre orders but they still charge your card full price if your pre order online off bestbuy.com. A store employee about a month ago said to me "Oh we don't do in store pre orders anymore for video games. They changed the bestbuy.com website where now you can pre order and pay the minimum and not get charged full price up front". So I went in store to my local Best Buy store last Sunday and was able to do a in store pre order for the deluxe version of the game and only put the minimum $5 down. I still have not gotten a email from Best Buy for a early access beta code. I've checked the Best Buy forums and emailed them.

I thought only the Earth's Mightiest edition had a steelbook, but I would love to get a cheaper version if thats the case

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Yeah 40 levels. Im not too sure if the speed to unlocking the pass was sped up but it's actually quite easy and painless for the most part.

So they 100% sped it up for the test.

It isn't that uncommon to skew progression into favor of the player, depending what kind testing they want to get done, then in release it's grind that makes you want to die.

ZDKilljoy

Managing Editor at BunnyGaming
Verified
Oct 3, 2018
Malaysia
So they 100% sped it up for the test.

It isn't that uncommon to skew progression into favor of the player, depending what kind testing they want to get done, then in release it's grind that makes you want to die.

That might be possible but the actual things you have to do is very easy that's why getting them feels easy too.

Coz you have two dailys and two weeklies that award the points. What's good about is you can swap them out if the tasks themselves feel unachievable.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Preordered Deluxe on EU PSN, checked the library and store - no preload. It's early morning GMT+2 here.

For those of you who downloaded it after digital preorder, can you explain how you did it please? Thanks in advance.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's not going to be visible on the PlayStation store until August 21st with the open beta. You need a promotional code from pre-ordering the game do pre-load from the PlayStation Store currently.
For physical. Not digital. And yet digital is nowhere to be seen.

Supposedly someone here from Asian PSN downloaded it, perhaps it's a time zone release.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
It's not going to be visible on the PlayStation store until August 21st with the open beta. You need a promotional code from pre-ordering the game do pre-load from the PlayStation Store currently.
That's how it works for physical pre-orders. For the digital pre-orders on PSN store, it should show up in the library or on PSN store page of the game in the add-on section.

Right now it's not there.

2b_miner

Mar 7, 2019
Because it wasn't that I couldn't find anyone, it's that the main method of matchmaking in that beta was to hope other people were on the incredibly specific same screen I was on.

You're assuming this is a problem with length of time for some reason, I'm saying the concept of how it works is bad. If they plan to change that in the final release, it was not communicated and I can only really go on what was playable.

Yikes you have actually pointed out a pretty potential downside, I had the same issue with the Anthem beta where I would be in line and there servers would eventually kick me out, since you have played it, how does the combat loop feel to you? Is it better than other GaaS model, there seems to be very little emphasis on the explorative aspect which harks to the point as to how well are the social features in the game...

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit this game sounds like some of the most rotten GaaS crap in some time.
I want an Avengers game, but not like this.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
There is a huge Avengers Beta banner in pre-order section of the US store but when I click on it it just leads to the three versions that you can buy and when I click on the version that I have pre-ordered it doesn't have any option to download the beta there.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping it releases at 12 midnight tonight as I don't have much time during the day tomorrow.
Searched and couldn't find a release time, just date.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's up on EU PSN for digital preorders. Just type in Marvel's Avengers BETA.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Anyway, I actually said I liked the game after changing my perspective on what it's supposed to be but I'm not going to sit here and get made fun of for answering questions about it, so y'all have a nice day.
This fucking site, jfc

Imran doesn't deserve this shit for... y'know, wanting to talk to people about the thing he's asked about.