• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I feel the same way. Definitely the purchase I regret most on my switch. I bought it for me and my kids to play because they love marvel stuff but they refuse to play it with me because the camera is so bad we can't tell what the fuck is going on half the time. We all decided this morning we had had enough and just quit entirely after getting past kingpin.
Did you try turning off damage numbers and turning permenantly on color outlines?

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone complaining about the camera should switch to Heroic camera immediately. It's still bad, but less so! It does force you to zoom out in certain fights which is annoying.

Also if you click the right stick you can snap the camera behind you.

In Chapter Six, current team is Wasp, Deadpool, Wolverine, and Psylocke. Deadpool and Psylocke have some good synergy attacks for AOE.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone complaining about the camera should switch to Heroic camera immediately. It's still bad, but less so! It does force you to zoom out in certain fights which is annoying.

In Chapter Six, current team is Wasp, Deadpool, Wolverine, and Psylocke. Deadpool and Psylocke have some good synergy attacks for AOE.

Sadly, heroic camera doesn't do anything in local co-op.

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Right? Wtf my characters are lvl 25-27 and getting wrecked lol. Up till then, Ive been steamrolling everything.

Any tips anyone?

Took my like 6-7 tries. Focus down on the elemental crystals whenever they spawn, the fire one is a priority then electric then ice. Don't get hit by the mirror image spinning fire attack since it staggers you, be prepared to use the dodging sidestep move at a moments notice of the magma rock circles appearing underneath you. I had Iron Man with a resilience gem and one that made the enemy more likely to target him to keep as much pressure as off of my controlled character (Wanda w/ maxed Chaos homing orbs).

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Im digging this game but man, fuck joycon drift

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Gwen being an absolute terror to this game is what I'm here for.

Beat the game, weird-ass ending aside, it's a solid 8 out of 10. That camera and framerate can't be ignored but I hope another one of these happen. Fuck it, put the Capcom fighters in there too. Make it happen Team Ninja and your lawyers!

Last edited:

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So is the ZR command list useless in co-op? Even if I'm next to another player with a move I know that syncs, it won't give me the option to use it.

That's dumb. It'd be nice for that menu to operate the same that it does in single player to know what moves I have that sync with the players. Also the tutorial says press ZR to do synergy moves, which led to me and my 4 player party to be super confused and take forever to break one crate when first starting.

Also, just got

Magneto

FUCK YESSS

Claww

Nov 7, 2017
So is the ZR command list useless in co-op? Even if I'm next to another player with a move I know that syncs, it won't give me the option to use it.

That's dumb. It'd be nice for that menu to operate the same that it does in single player to know what moves I have that sync with the players. Also the tutorial says press ZR to do synergy moves, which led to me and my 4 player party to be super confused and take forever to break one crate when first starting.

Also, just got

Magneto

FUCK YESSS
In co-op you just press A when a nearby synergy skill is used by another player. You'll see the prompt over the portrait.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I just started playing tonight and made it as far as Avengers Tower. I'm having a lot of fun so far, though it would definitely be better to play it with friends than just by myself.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd never heard of Elsa Bloodstone or Crystal before this game came out, but the addition of those characters (and of the Marvel Knights in DLC form) makes me kinda bummed that we didn't get a Runaways DLC pack. With how outside-the-box that Team Ninja and Marvel went with some of their choices, this is the first game where the Runaways seemed like a possibility.

I just really want to play as Arsenic and Old Lace in an official Marvel game at some point. I am on board with Beastmaster type characters, and for whatever reason, I really dug Gertie and her dinosaur pal when I read the first collection of Runaways comic books like...geez, twelve or so years ago now?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I just started playing tonight and made it as far as Avengers Tower. I'm having a lot of fun so far, though it would definitely be better to play it with friends than just by myself.

What's really bizarre about this game is that it being better with friends is, and isn't. I've played a ton this weekend, both local co-op and single player and I gotta say the game plays so, so , so much better with the Heroic camera in it's single player. The camera during 4 player co-op is entirely freaking terrible. Aside from not being able to see enemies , targets, or even yourself, players get stuck on obstacles and you have to back track to get them back around it. Sometimes when people are too far away they warp to the party, but only sometimes. And sometimes they'll warp when it doesn't make sense like while they're trying to Hold A on a computer "puzzle". Or not being able to grab a Red HP orb that's right in front of them because the screen just can't move. Or when team mates are down and you're out of Res points yet the camera is still trying to keep them in focus and it's impossible to move away to see what the remaining players can even do. It's ultra broken.

On top of that, the entire synergy system is wonky as hell in multi and is yet another thing better left for solo play. Many times it's difficult to even see what's going on , on the screen so I just had to instruct everyone to stare at the bottom left hand side and look for the A prompt to appear to start mashing. Even then it feels totally lackluster with no real impact as it's completely boring to just look for an A to trigger what may as well be a QTE since you can't even tell what's happening on screen. We stopped even caring about Synergy attacks at a point, except when they were necessary for certain Infinity missions and when we came across a wall that you need to use two arbitrary attacks on to get a chest. When we first started playing the "tutorial" didn't make any damn sense with the R and ZR nonsense either because it works completely differently in multi. It all seemed like the devs made this co-op mode as an after thought. Hell even the menu to select characters doesn't make any sense when playing multi. You select your own character portrait to deselect your character and then the back out menu button to ready up which only makes sense in single player . It's makes way more sense in solo since your'e setting up your team, but during my multiplayer sessions the amount of times I had to explain what the hell the character select screen was trying to tell every new person who joined in to do was mind boggling.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3's couch co-op is completely broken untested garbage when it comes to it's camera angles. It's synergy system is no fun when playing multi and it's better left ignored. The menus aren't set up for multi either. All of this culminates in a really frustrating shitty experience. If it weren't for the fact these are marvel characters we all know and love it'd be like a 4/10 game. I don't totally regret my purchase because we're still having fun with it, but it is not a well made game by any means and the multiplayer hurts it's play-ability. Solo play is a better experience with a much more manageable camera and the Synergy system feels more thought out which make's the game play different than what's going on in co-op. I tried to play online too but never got a room to connect after 10 or so tries at various times, so I don't even know how well that works. I'm assuming it's only good if you have friends who set up a room, lan or online, as then you could all have the Heroic camera and still be playing multi. That is probably the most ideal way to play. I would love to see how this game fares in another dimension where nobody knows what Marvel comics is, because I swear the only redeeming quality to the whole thing is how much we all love these franchises.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Took my like 6-7 tries. Focus down on the elemental crystals whenever they spawn, the fire one is a priority then electric then ice. Don't get hit by the mirror image spinning fire attack since it staggers you, be prepared to use the dodging sidestep move at a moments notice of the magma rock circles appearing underneath you. I had Iron Man with a resilience gem and one that made the enemy more likely to target him to keep as much pressure as off of my controlled character (Wanda w/ maxed Chaos homing orbs).

What level were your characters? And am I supposed to
charge the small crystals then throw it at him?

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In co-op you just press A when a nearby synergy skill is used by another player. You'll see the prompt over the portrait.

Right, but it's dumb that you can access the ZR sub menu at all if it can't be used. Just makes things more confusing. And I like to manual choose my synergy attack a lot of times depending on the situation, rather than have the A thing choose one for me. Having that menu makes it easier to know which ones will work at any time.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What level were your characters? And am I supposed to
charge the small crystals then throw it at him?

Regarding your spoiler, yes.

You have to soak up his attacks until the crystal "shield" is big enough then throw them at him, they do massive damage to his stagger gauge and can break his casting shield.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Regarding your spoiler, yes.

You have to soak up his attacks until the crystal "shield" is big enough then throw them at him, they do massive damage to his stagger gauge and can break his casting shield.

So basically
leave the crystals alone till they start blinking then throw it? I'm sorry for so many questions

Edit
holy there is an actual shield around me when I grab he crystals lol I did not see before now I get it thanks!!

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3's couch co-op is completely broken untested garbage when it comes to it's camera angles. It's synergy system is no fun when playing multi and it's better left ignored. The menus aren't set up for multi either. All of this culminates in a really frustrating shitty experience.

Having played with friends over the weekend, I can attest to this being true. Hoping they can actually do something to fix the camera...

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Also, just got

Magneto

FUCK YESSS

It still works with the other CPUs

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Played pretty much the whole day along with staying up too late and just beat it. Played like a little over 1/4 through co-op, and the rest single player.

Like I've said before, aside from some issues ranging from questionable (weird synergy implementation sometimes) to downright horrible (co-op camera at times), I'm extremely happy with the way this game turned out.

I knew I'd like it, but I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it this much. It's been a very long time since I've played MUA 1 and 2, and while I really liked them, I honestly don't remember enjoying them as much as this one. This one really had it's hooks in me the whole way. I love the combat. I love the way it looks. I love the roster. It's pretty much exactly what I want a MUA game to be. And it being on Switch just makes it all the sweeter.

I hope the DLC has a good amount of meat to it. If it does I can see myself coming back to this for a long time. And for the love of god fix the co-op camera. Shit was legit embarrassing in some spots with friends. The 2nd phase of Bullseye's fight is beyond fucked. Probably would have played more of the game co-op, but that bit was so fucked that it halted the night.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
I just finished it a few minutes ago. Aside from the Infinity Trials spoiling who the last two characters were, I'm pretty happy with the roster. I still had tons of characters I did not feel I used enough of. I went through most of the game with Captain Marvel (my fav), and swapping others in and out. Came to like Wasp and Magneto a lot, but I planned to use Mags from the start when they announced him.

I did story solo though and Infinity Trials co-op online or at least some of them. Maybe thats most of my enjoyment. I fully understand those wanting to wait it out a bit for a price drop. I found it worth the money/can see it being worth the money as I do another play through and the trials. But if you are looking to do this couch co-op then yeah, given what others said it might be best to wait for a hopeful patch or price drop.

I had/still am a ton of fun with it and am looking forward to playing it some more to get those unlocks, but the games got some issues. Gonna do a bigger write up on it tomorrow.

Naru

May 11, 2019
The game was fun before but when I got my second ability it became awesome. I just wish I could see what the synergies between heroes are.
Also the online coop is weird. I thought it was drop in drop out but you have to create a lobby? There was never more than one lobby open for a campaign, sometimes there wasn't even one.

Tiberius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
The game was fun before but when I got my second ability it became awesome. I just wish I could see what the synergies between heroes are.
Also the online coop is weird. I thought it was drop in drop out but you have to create a lobby?
Iron man was kinda meh until i got his second ability, really powerful

Naru

May 11, 2019
Iron man was kinda meh until i got his second ability, really powerful
Yeah, and I thought Captain Americas second one was bad because it's more defensive but if you combo this ability with Iron Man's he bounces the energy blast off of his shield.

Still, as fun as MUA3 is, I wish we still had a healthy "Marvel Heroes" on PC and Consoles... This game had his issues too but I still freaking LOVED playing it.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
For anyone struggling with certain bosses, I've been told that the tips for each boss are quite good. I'm in work so can't see them but could be worth reading

Also:

2LJkrj0.png

Last edited:

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I've been playing the game in online coop and heroic camera, and have been having a blast. We're now past Chapter 9, and since Wakanda, most of my friends have been sticking to a single hero to keep our levels high (past 20, it gets really harsh if you're not at the recommended level.)

I've personally been sticking to Black Panther in my online team, and we're kicking ass. It's nice to play with good friends who naturally play well together.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I found Heroic camera is too close and gets caught up on more things when trying to move it around. Plus too much moving it around.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
I decided to give the story a rest after the Dark Dimension and try to level up some of the characters I'd like to play as sometime, but it looks like once you beat a Infinity trial, it gives less experience? Or is it my imagination? I could swear my party leveled up far more quickly the first time I did the low level trials.

They really should have given bench characters at least half xp, the way it is right now, same as in some JRPGs means you either grind like a mf or won't even try most characters, considering my main team IA characters are already struggling to survive bosses and tough encounters, and they're the ones that got all the experience.

Last edited:

Deleted member 22070

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Have the devs or any interested party responded to the camera problems about a possible patch or something ? Game's finishing to download over here but everything I've read makes me nervous AF.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
The game is hard. You can't button mash your way through. I'm at
Ultimo Ultron
and I've had to quit to rethink and grind some Infinity Trials

It's kind of great though.

Aine

May 27, 2019
On Chapter 5 with this martial artist team I've been building up (Iron Fist/Daredevil/Psylocke/Wolverine, will be adding Elektra later).

The game is certainly fun for the Marvel crowd, but damn does it get hard at times.

Ghostbound

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
She synergises well with my current team since she has synergy attacks with all of them.

Shotgun blast is definitely her best skill, relatively quick and big damage and makes a huge aoe with synergies. But they're all pretty useful, launch is high damage if a little finicky to use, rapid fire is great for stunning without using much mp, and bullet spin is amazing crowd control aoe. Has a great light attack chain for a ranged, heavy attack is slightly lacking but does have its uses for knocking stuff off the map. Extreme attack is pretty decent since it lasts a while and you're invincible for it all, the spin does a lot of damage and stagger and you can move during it too.

I haven't experimented too much but she does feel like the best damage ranged character because shotgun blast pairs so well with stuff like psylockes dagger, so you can stagger and do big damage in a decent sized aoe. She does lack utility so pump a load of strength and projectile isos and go to town.

Also she calls you a nutter and a plonker so 10/10

Sounds good, I'll have to give her a try.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Sounds good, I'll have to give her a try.
One more thing however

Ranged overall do feel a lot weaker than melee, especially in later difficulties when you really need the knockback during light attacks that melees get. Their relative safety is less pronounced because of the ridiculous amount of grenade spam they like to do in a lot of chapters, so I'm definitely starting to favour using Psylocke over her

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
No but super OP:

Black Panther
Psylocke
Mrs. Marvel (secretly the best boss smasher)

Psylocke's first ability does so much stagger damage it's kind of broken. It's awesome because she's great but I regularly forget to use any of her other moves because of how good that Square ability is.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Psylocke's first ability does so much stagger damage it's kind of broken. It's awesome because she's great but I regularly forget to use any of her other moves because of how good that Square ability is.

Mrs. Marvel is the same just...that she does even more damage. Most bosses I was almost able to completely stagger and them kill them with her X move and just tapping X.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
I hear there is (multiple ?) exp ISO-8, never found one, is it limited to third difficulty and higher ?

Ghostbound

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
One more thing however

Ranged overall do feel a lot weaker than melee, especially in later difficulties when you really need the knockback during light attacks that melees get. Their relative safety is less pronounced because of the ridiculous amount of grenade spam they like to do in a lot of chapters, so I'm definitely starting to favour using Psylocke over her

That makes sense. I noticed Scarlet is starting to feel the same way now that I'm getting further in the game.

I was mainly just looking for a reason to use her since I like the character.