• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Did anyone post this?
www.thathashtagshow.com

Exclusive: Marvel Bringing Back Some Netflix Characters To MCU - That Hashtag Show

That Hashtag Show can exclusively reveal that Marvel is bringing back most of the Netflix Marvel characters for the MCU in future phases.
Netflix Daredevil, Punisher, Jessica Jones and Kingpin rumored to be brought into the MCU. Take it with a huge grain of salt but I would love this.

It coming from the Hashtag probably points to the complete opposite lol. Would love for it to be true but this is a source I don't have any faith in at all.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
this :(

bright side: at least I can stop staying up til 4am on thursdays for a few weeks
At least I can stop GETTING UP at 4am on Fridays. Oof hate that so much. I wish I had more patience to watch it in the evening so that I could watch it on the TV with the sound booming. Having a wife and baby has is downsides SOMETIMES. ;)

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Me, during the year+ mcu drought between FFH and WV: whatevs.

me, during the 6 weeks mcu drought between FAWS and Loki: BRING IT BACK!!!!! I NEEEED IT. GIMME MORE MCU!!!!

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Clearly the CA&WS crew are Mahvel fans.
Definitely me in that moment:

rick.jpg

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017

The second one didn't click with me immediately, but the first one? Bloody awesome, a nice little nod that totally worked in the show.

And overall an excellent end to the series. Still think
the Flag Smashers were pretty generic as far as baddies go, but they really did Falcon/Captain America and Bucky justice. Really liked how they handled US Agent as well. And they leave things open for more.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
FATWS was pretty good?

Definitely a mixed delivery for me but the key moments were handled well.

Looking forward to everything else thats coming with Disney+

The end credit scene fell flat for me as does the entire concept behind it.

UnderSiege

Mar 5, 2019
Definitely a mixed delivery for me but the key moments were handled well.
Exactly how I feel about the show. Well, at least most key moments. I think Bucky's key moment in the finale fell flat, unfortunately.

Overall an enjoyable show, but quite uneven in its execution. Love the character arcs and themes though, and looking forward to see more of Sam, Bucky, Zemo, Walker, Val, and Sharon.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm gonna pull back what I said a few pages back.

I don't know if this is worth it's own thread or not, but do people think Skrulls might be a problem long term for the MCU? There's always that nagging concern that "What if so and so was a Skrull all along!" could show up, and has already shown up twice now with Homecoming and Wandavision as post-credit stingers. Discussions haven't really happened for TV Series being "What if they were a Skrull all along" (more so joking on it was Mephisto all along) but I dunno. Shape Shifters are confusing and tricky. Think it's worth a thread to discuss about or just worth keeping it here?

Now not to spoil Falcon and the Winter Soldier, but it's thread on Era has a lot of "What if So and So was a Skrull all along!" posts in it right now.

...Maybe a thread should be made of it in the future. Not today though, give people more time to watch the finale.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Pretty much.

You have two types of geek insiders websites, those who make up enough theories that when they get one right by accident they go "See!"

And alt-right adjacent sites.

Edit - honestly your more likely to get real insider information on Reddit.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping to see more Falcon Cap. Figured I'd have to wait until a second season gets announced sometime down the like, but instead Marvel were like "here's the MOVIE announcement". Sweet! Loving that they aren't wasting any time on this, makes me glad this isn't a Agents of SHIELD/Netflix type thing where the shows were ignored in the movies. That said... please bring back Charlie Cox as DD, he's so darn perfect in the role.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Loving that they aren't wasting any time on this, makes me glad this isn't a Agents of SHIELD/Netflix type thing where the shows were ignored in the movies.

Well to be fair we already knew going in that Disney+ shows would not let us down in this regard, but at the same time until today it was left to be seen if characters that star in their own shows would be allowed to have their own movies as well

Part of me was worried that we'd only see Sam in team up movies rather than a proper 4th Captain America movie, but thankfully that is not the case

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Well to be fair we already knew going in that Disney+ shows would not let us down in this regard, but at the same time until today it was left to be seen if characters that star in their own shows would be allowed to have their own movies as well

Part of me was worried that we'd only see Sam in team up movies rather than a proper 4th Captain America movie, but thankfully that is not the case
I suppose my misplaced pessimism was more down to past franchises (including Marvel stuff) having TV tie ins that either have nothing to do with the movies or ruin the movies stories. But yeah, the Disney + stuff definitely have been doing a great job with keeping up with the movies and expanding the characters backstories greatly (I'm really excited to see what they do with Scarlet Witch next as well).

And yeah, I did wonder what they'd do with Falcon after the series (movie wise), and I'm also glad to see that he's not gonna be relegated to Ant Man cameos and another Avengers movie (who even knows when that's gonna happen)

Plus, moving away from the D+ stuff, I still can't believe that stuff like X-men, FF, Deadpool etc. will show up in the MCU. Feels like they are just getting started, once the X-men show up, hypes gonna begin all over again!

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Really curious how the movies will take the changes from the tv shows in. I can imagine quite a lot of moviegoers having no idea about what's going on the D+ series', so I'm sure Marvel planned for this as well. Will there be, like, a small recap before new Cap shows up? Will Sam just be there without much explanation? Will some in-movie character go "yo what happened to Steve who's white Vision why is anything"?

Personally of course, I'd be fully fine with them just assuming everyone knows, but I can't imagine Marvel would just.. do that? I don't know.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017

As someone who is unfamiliar with this character aside from just knowing she exists, what's the reasoning behind the name "She Hulk"? Will she be called that in this series when she's transformed? Does she transform back and forth to the Hulk state or is it a permanent form once she turns? I just can't see other characters running around calling her "She Hulk", it just sounds odd. Is it more like a title, and they'll still call her by her name?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
As someone who is unfamiliar with this character aside from just knowing she exists, what's the reasoning behind the name "She Hulk"? Will she be called that in this series when she's transformed? Does she transform back and forth to the Hulk state or is it a permanent form once she turns? I just can't see other characters running around calling her "She Hulk", it just sounds odd. Is it more like a title, and they'll still call her by her name?
That is her hero name in the comics, yes.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017

"The reason behind the character's creation had to do with the success of The Incredible Hulk (1977–1982) and The Bionic Woman television series. Marvel was afraid that the show's executives might suddenly introduce a female version of the Hulk, as producer Kenneth Johnson had already done with The Six Million Dollar Man. So Marvel decided to publish their own version of such a character to make sure that if a similar one showed up in the television series, Marvel would own the rights."

Status
Not open for further replies.