• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GlassCup64

Dec 16, 2017
I'm surprised by the negative reactions. People have been begging for a remake of the N64 games for years with online play. We finally get that, to a smaller extent than expected.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm surprised by the negative reactions. People have been begging for a remake of the N64 games for years with online play. We finally get that, to a smaller extent than expected.

This is not a remake of the N64 games with online play though. And if it was I'd expect it to include at least most of the boards from all of the games, they had 6 boards each.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
5 boards and even then, I have doubts on the picks.

Peachs Birthday Cake?
Space Land?

At least Woody Woods is a good call.

Feb 5, 2020
Space Land?
SPACE LAND??
SPACE LAND????

Out of all the Mario Party 2 maps they brought back Space Land???
Not Pirate Land? Not Western Land???

what the fuck?

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
If this really supports Pro Controllers this time, I'm just gonna sell Super Mario Party and just get this one. That limitation immediately killed the last game for me.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
YEAAAAAAH when this goes on discount at whatever retailer this will be a big group buy as most of my hs friends (who i played a ton of mario party with) all live spread out now

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Like everyone else said this should of been DLC. I love Mario Party but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Where are people seeing Woody Woods?

I get being a bit disappointed Super Mario Party didn't get DLC but literally expecting this to all be free content is... a bit much.

Oct 25, 2017
They released a Mario Party for the switch with not enough content so instead of making this DLC to bring that game up to par, they will release another one with not enough content...cool.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I'm surprised at the negativity here. The features being added seem to warrant it being its own release. Based on how they described it, the online play looks like it will be a significant upgrade from the one they patched into SMP recently. It helps if a game like that was built from the ground up.
5 boards and even then, I have doubts on the picks.

Peachs Birthday Cake?
Space Land?

At least Woody Woods is a good call.
Space Land?
SPACE LAND??
SPACE LAND????

Out of all the Mario Party 2 maps they brought back Space Land???
Not Pirate Land? Not Western Land???

what the fuck?
I will not take this Space Land slander! It was the 2nd best board in that game behind Horror Land.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Going back to OG Mario Party instead of messing it up with super small boards and dumbass character-specific dice is exactly what Mario Party needed

Sign me up

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised at the negativity here. The features being added seem to warrant it being its own release. Based on how they described it, the online play looks like it will be a significant upgrade from the one they patched into SMP recently. It helps if a game like that was built from the ground up.

I will not take this Space Land slander! It was the 2nd best board in that game behind Horror Land.

Oh it's 2nd alright.

2nd Worst that is.

Hopefully we are spared from the actual worst of Mystery Land.

Parker

Feb 5, 2018
I'd assume this'll have extra boards later on after what happened with the pervious game, but I don't know.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
Only 5 boards? I'll get this but the chances for Rainbow Castle or the Pirate stage from 2 seem pretty low right now

KodiakGTS

Jun 4, 2018
Sorry Nintendo, you're not getting another $60 from me for releasing what gimped ass Super Mario Party should have been to begin with. Glad there seems to finally be a competent Mario party experience out there though.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Would have preferred it being DLC, but I saw several games in the trailer I would love to play again so I will buy it anyways.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Looking forward to this, makes the decision to add online to Super Mario Party earlier in the year more confusing. Surprised so many people thinking it'd be DLC when the last game sold so well for them.