• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Well, not buying a Persona game is out of the question, so thats one... I already have money down on a deluxe FF7... I need Animal Crossing in my veins. I'm sold on Ori 2 and Resident Evil 3. And the new video card I have coming in tommorrow I bought to play Cyberpunk, sooo... 6 games in a little more than a month. Fucking rough, they need to space this out.

I guess it's been like this for awhile now, but it somehow seems to be getting worse (better?).

I mean, even if you didn't have a job and just played games every day for 10 hours a day you still couldn't play everything good out there. It's freakin nuts. Part of it is just the amount of games, the other part are these games just being so long nowadays.

DooD1234

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm, for the month of March, I need to decide between FF7R or Nioh 2. Still not sure. For April I'm leaning mostly to Trials of Mana but I do want to play RE3. I'll probably pick up RE3 during October if there nothing I'm interested comes out during that month. Geez, why so many during this timeframe.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Persona 5 and Resident Evil 3 day one as they will run good on base PS4. FF7, Cyberpunk and probably Doom 9 month later with a PS5 for the probably boosted framerate.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely stacked but do we have enough time to enjoy all those games?

Probably playing FFVII, re3, ori2, cyberpunk, animal crossing later

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Animal Crossing and Cyberpunk. Extremely excited for both.

FF7R I'll pick up later.

Umbrella Carp

Banned
Jan 16, 2019
I'll be in for FFVII Remake, Half Life: Alyx and Cyberpunk day zero. The rest will have to wait or I'm not interested in them.

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
March 3rd: Final Fanasy VII Remake
March 20th: Doom Eternal
March TBD: Half-Life Alyx (Might play, need to see more)
April 3rd: Resident Evil 3
April 16th: Cyberpunk 2077

Playing in order.

Christ.

KiNolin

Oct 28, 2017
Doom Eternal
Resident Evil 3
Cyberpunk 2077
Trials of Mana

maybe
Final Fanasy VII Remake
Nioh 2

sxiebonjour

Oct 25, 2017
FF7, Doom and Cyberpunk are day one for me. Will pick up RE3 later.

Might as well buy P5R Asian version in Feb just to support the dev. But not really gonna play the game again after I platinumed the original P5.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely getting Animal Crossing and Doom.

Alyx, FF7 and Cyberpunk are likely after a price drop.

The rest, dgaf.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Just Cyberpunk 2077 for me. My game selecting is getting slimmer as I get older it seems. Playing less and less and only interested in a few games every year. Hopefully the next-gen perks me up again. I'll no doubt eventually pick up a number of these in sales though. I might not play them but boy do I like buying them in Sales :D

Sesha

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
While it is stacked, I feel like people say this every year. And every year a bunch of those titles end up overhyped, and when looking back people aren't as impressed.

Sesha

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
Personally speaking, I'm not terribly hyped for any of those. FF7R's combat fundamentally doesn't appeal to me, I haven't the first Nioh yet, I've killed all hype for any Bethesda games and especially Doom: Eternal as long as Les Moonves and Robert Trump are part of Zenimax' board, and RE3make is way too early for me, Alyx is VR so I can't play that, and Cyberpunk just looks like just another immersive sim but with a way bigger budget.

Last edited:

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, I'm interested in 8 of those games and probably 5 or 6 of them are going to be day one purchases. It's crazy. It's too bad Ori got delayed a month, it would have been perfect for February.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
I'm buying a new car next year so I'll only get Trials of Mana and Cyberpunk. FFVII will have to wait until I either get a PS5 or wait for the PC version.

AuroraMusisAmica

One Winged Slayer
Aug 16, 2018
8d8.png

On March 20, we will rip and tear. Until we're the mayor.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
The cool thing is you don't have to buy them all the day they release. Wait for a sale while you buy the one you want.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
Of that list in the OP I'm only getting Doom Eternal and Trials of Mana.

Which is fine, because backlog revisiting old games and whatnot.

Oct 24, 2019
How are you going to exclude May from that window when it has TLOU 2 and Avengers??

It's definitely exciting though. Not to mention that we don't even know what games will filling in the latter half of the year, Oct-Nov. could be just as fucking stacked šŸ¤¤

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
March 3rd: Final Fanasy VII Remake
March 10th: Langrisser I&II Remastered
March 11th: Ori and the Will of the Wisps
March 13th: Nioh 2
March 19th: Fairy Tail
March 20th: Doom Eternal
March 20th: Animal Crossing
March 31st: Persona 5 Royal
March TBD: Half-Life Alyx
April 3rd: Resident Evil 3
April 16th: Cyberpunk 2077
April 24th: Trials of Mana
April 28th: Gears Tactics

shit is crazy. That part of the year feels more impressive than some entire years that we've had. How many of these games are you getting?
I want to play FFVII and Cyberpunk so much, though I'm having second thoughts on whether I'll be getting them day one. I have the base PS4 and XBONE, and my graphics hard is going to be due for an upgrade, so performance is a concern. Cyberpunk I defenitely want to wait on until I've got better hardware and better screen.

I might wait until I can upgrade my hardware before getting any of those. I also need new glasses, because everything is sub-HD at the moment lol. Thinking about it, I'll probably need a new job to keep up to the level I want, while also taking care of more important life stuff. This might be a year where I don't buy any games.

Espeix

Dec 5, 2018
Cyberpunk and RE3 for me. Not really interested in the others. But yeah, it's going to be amazing going from RE3 straight to Cyberpunk within a couple of weeks.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's tough because for some people a lot of these are day 1's.

No doubt. I want most of these as well. Thing is though, there's genuinely only so much time in the day and to buy them all day one would be a waste.Cyberpunk alone will demand your full attention for months honestly. That's why the following is a good idea:

Wait for the summer sale, did that this year as well.

As that's what I'll do too.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
While it is stacked, I feel like people say this every year. And every year a bunch of those titles end up overhyped, and when looking back people aren't as impressed.
This particular March/April lineup seems pretty safe as far as quality goes. It's mostly hyped sequels, and from studios with excellent track records. You mostly already know what you'll be getting with this lineup. I think FFVII and Half Life are the biggest mysteries right now, and Cyberpunk will probably have performance issues early on like most games of that scale.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Fairy Tail, Royal and Cyberpunk.

Tactics will be on game pass.

Langirsser a later date

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

The difference is immense. 2020 is generation-defining good with huge games in that time period. It's immediately obvious how many more surefire heavy hitters are coming out compared to 2019. Games like Cyberpunk 2077 and TLOU 2 are GOTG material.

2019 games like Anthem, The Division 2, Metro Exodus, Crackdown 3, etc. looked so-so from the beginning. There's no way Cyberpunk 2077, TLOU 2, DOOM, Ori 2, etc. will be anything other than excellent to incredible.

It's reductive and kind of ridiculous to shrug off first half 2020 hype as, "oh people say that about every year". Look at the games that are actually coming. Clearly something special.

Last edited: