• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Kaiju 8 35
I always figured that Kafka's lack of affinity with monster cells is the only reason why the monster he swallowed hasn't been controlling him. I wonder why it's getting the better of him only now.

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kaiju 8 35
I always figured that Kalfka's lack of affinity with monster cells is the only reason why the monster he swallowed hasn't been controlling him. I wonder why it's getting the better of him only now.
I'm guessing it's because it's detecting the Commander's weapons as a "monster". Hence the whole "kill monster".

Oct 26, 2017
I just finished love is hard for an otaku during my Hawaii vacation (because my feet hurt after all the excursions)

Series is adorkable as fuck but it kinda reminds me of horimiya where I don't care about the side couples and just want more shenanigans with the main couple

Edit: and now I'm caught up with the latest chapter :/

Last edited:

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Kaiju No. 8 is really going to show its similarities to Attack on Titan if Kafka ever gets control of the ability to use his kaiju form at a larger size. It could also be more of an Ultraman/Gridman thing where he can generate the body at different sizes but it's more taxing to use the big ones. If this is the case, he's definitely going to Ant-Man/Thanos a daikaiju at some point.

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Welp, the translation group that's been doing Kengan Ashura/Omega decided to drop it, and they're gonna take down all their chapters (well, once they can) to support the official release, even though it doesn't exist in most of the world

Like, I respect people wanting to support the official and everything, but when there's no literally no alternative for most people. It'd be like the group that's being doing Kingdom just decided to stop all of a sudden and take everything down.

What a bummer, especially deleting the older chapters. Omega is one of the few things I still read when they come out.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Komi 306
unknown.png

Can confirm, I already now and I am brazilian
Anyway really fun chapter, second year class is so much better than the first one, I love how they protected them from the angry komi fanactic mob

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oshi no Ko 45

6nDZMmo.jpg

I get the mangaka being upset, but the way she went about it is extremely unprofessional. I feel bad for the screenwriter, as he's not as fault here, the stupid telephone game between the mangaka and screenwriter is to blame. There's no reason there should be 6 people between the mangaka and screenwriter when developing an adaptation.

This play is about to become a hot mess.

jman2050

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oshi no Ko 45

JUSTICE FOR GOA.

Well this turned into a big ol mess. I'm anticipating a magnificent trainwreck from Abiko's screenplay here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oshi no Ko 45

Jfc, I know there's a lot of nuance to this, but wow she's such an asshole

Oct 28, 2017
Man revisiting Seven Deadly Sins on Netflix and all it's doing is reminding how it fell off a fucking cliff, that and it's other problematic issues as well.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Fire Force 269
Ohkubo's really milking this fight for all it's worth with all those spreads. This shit is absurd, and I am all for it.

The next chapter title sure looks interesting. I can't help but wonder if we'll see... him

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Kaiju 8 35
I always figured that Kafka's lack of affinity with monster cells is the only reason why the monster he swallowed hasn't been controlling him. I wonder why it's getting the better of him only now.
I always thought it was him suppressing his Kaiju side was limiting his affinity and why we've seen it boost when he lets loose. And probably resonance causing the control issues yeah. Possibly also why he's kept control in the past, he's willingly fighting the Kaiju. Perhaps the bug is a rival faction

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Lazy saturday morning so I'm doing a World Trigger re-read (also prompted by the discussion in here a few days ago) and maaaaaaaaaaaaan every time Chika's power level results in something ridiculous I giggle like a child. Blowing the hole in the wall during preliminary training was amazing.

A.J.

Oct 25, 2017
Lazy saturday morning so I'm doing a World Trigger re-read (also prompted by the discussion in here a few days ago) and maaaaaaaaaaaaan every time Chika's power level results in something ridiculous I giggle like a child. Blowing the hole in the wall during preliminary training was amazing.
Definitely some good opportunities to for her to do more of that this arc considering that everything is powered by trion.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished the first 26 volumes of AoT that I got from the Humble Bundle. I was already caught up with the anime before starting so there wasn't really anything I didn't already know except for the stuff that had been adapted in OVAs that I skipped. But it was still great to actually read the source material. It was also nice to go through the whole story up to volume 26 in a short amount of time since the early parts of the story were still fresh in my mind as I got to later parts. I didn't rewatch previous seasons before watching Final Season so I forgot who some minor characters were and didn't catch some references to events that I hadn't seen for years.

So the question is...where do I go from here? Should I finish the rest of the story with the upcoming anime season or the manga?

Also, what's up with the other stuff from the Humble Bundle. Never heard of any of them except the Junior High one prior to getting the bundle. Any of them made by the same author? Are any of them considered canon? Any of them good?

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Case Study of Vanitas Vol. 1-2

s5pKbTv.jpg
1EHHjbS.jpg

This getting an anime reminded me that I read the first volume a long time ago but forgot to read further on. I'm an easy mark for vampires, French stuff and pretty art and boy does it have that in spades

It's basically about a vampire named Noe trying to find The Book of Vanitas, a book that is said to curse all vampires with a disease that makes vampires attack other humans and vampires. He teams up with a charismatic human doctor named Vanitas who has that same book and has sworn to cure all vampires of the disease, and assorted hijinks and mayhem ensue as they investigate the origins of the disease.

That was already interesting to me in itself, but the first chapter also ends letting you know that Noe will end up killing Vanitas at the very end, which really gives a sort of somber edge to every chapter after. Like every time I saw a panel showing Noe and Vanitas's nice dynamic I remember, "oh yeah that's right he murders him at the end of all this" lol

I think it also helps that Vanitas's true motives are very much in question as people constantly question whether he really does intend to cure vampires even after he's shown to do so (at least from what the reader can tell).

You also have the edginess of the bubbles and text for certain scenes to make you go, "yeah I'm not so sure about this guy anymore" lol

He's also probably (certainly?) a misogynist so there's also that

The weird human-vampire partnership and the sense that something terrible/betrayal is always right around the corner makes for a fun read. I don't know much about Jun Mochizuki's previous work, Pandora Hearts, and I remember feeling like it was fairly popular back in the day but I don't hear much about it now that it was finished awhile ago. I read the first volume of the manga awhile ago but don't remember feeling compelled to read further, but if someone recommends it I can give it a whirl.

Oh and also I can't remember the last time I read a manga with a dark-skinned protagonist so that's pretty cool!

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
To Your Eternity 144 (caught up)

Well, this series just keeps on giving! Seems like it might finally be heading towards a climax (soon-ish), considering all the recent events. It's been great, except for that ONE gross character. I saw people mentioning him and was like "how bad could it be?" then I was like "why? What was the point?" Everything else though has been great with where the story has been going though!

Oct 25, 2017
Nine Dragon's Ball Parade 16

Guess its on its way out as thats the only way to explain this pacing. Oh well.

Fun snippets of a game. Loved the surprise everyone has for this revived team.

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
My Hero Academia 315

The faux 100% rescue and Manchester Smashes were *chefs kiss*. I've seen a lot of love for Lady Nagant in MHA discussion topics and now she got the Tousen treatment.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
My Hero Academia 315

The faux 100% rescue and Manchester Smashes were *chefs kiss*. I've seen a lot of love for Lady Nagant in MHA discussion topics and now she got the Tousen treatment.
I dunno if she will die. Horikoshi is doing the same thing he did with Gran Torino and Mirko that it looked like they would die but they were rescued just after
I wouldnt hate it tho

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno if she will die. Horikoshi is doing the same thing he did with Gran Torino and Mirko that it looked like they would die but they were rescued just after
I wouldnt hate it tho

People are weary since the last major female villain he introduced was killed off, and it was worse in that she was the only member of the Meta LIberation Front that was killed off.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
People are weary since the last major female villain he introduced was killed off, and it was worse in that she was the only member of the Meta LIberation Front that was killed off.
And I see a lot of people weary that nobody dies in this series. Like I have already seen a lot of complaining that it seems she will survive this
You cant please 100% of you fanbase, as long it is well written I am ok with this, and I like how it was done in this chapter

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
One Piece 1015
What a chapter

-SANJI! Finally, he gets a fight and a really badass moment. Sanji vs Queen was obvious, but its about time we finally get to see it happen. Meanwhile, Zoro is totally being set-up to fight King once he recovers.

-As expected, Nami's getting her power-up after all, but instead of keeping Zeus as he was, I guess her Climatact is a homie now. Odd that she doesn't have an opponent to fight with said power-up, though, so maybe Ulti and Page One will get back up after all? We still haven't seen Zoan Awakening on Kaido's crew yet...

-Kinemon ; _ ; I really hope this was a fake-out, but damn, Oda's not fooling around with this arc

Oct 25, 2017
Cop and Dolphin 45
E3NoYXEWEAAxAu_

Cool, the surfing manga I always wanted. If only it lasted a chapter longer just for more cool panels.

Dont make Kamuro/Murofushi have too hard a punishment :(

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Witch Watch 17
Very cute chapter. Glad it isn't beating around the bush on the Nico x Moi pairing. Dad is also going to show up...maybe even as a bad guy.
Cop and Dolphin 45
E3NoYXEWEAAxAu_

Cool, the surfing manga I always wanted. If only it lasted a chapter longer just for more cool panels.

I'm gonna be sad when this ends. The ramp up has been pretty amazing.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Candy Flurry 7
I was alright with everything up to that ending. Maybe this will take things in an interesting direction, but it felt waaaaaay too formulaic.

Oct 25, 2017
Candy Flurry 7

Please be a trainee and not a bad guy infiltrating, this was a decent exam start without it.

Witch Watch 17

Not my ship.

Kan is still in the lead for best, best friend.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Sakamoto Days 26
That turned gruesome real fast. Sakamoto dropping in at the end was cherry on top...of Reindeer's spine.

Elusive Samurai 19
Loved the tactics and history lesson. The past two weeks have been particularly good.

Oct 25, 2017
BLue Box 8

I would have like the Haryu drama to last quite a while.

Mash 65

What if Walhberg doesn't die?

though, I guess we haven't had, in the newer series, where these types of characters actually die anymore, so dying, would be different then every other series.

Sakamoto Days 26

The writer must have been like...well, we've done fighting for the past 6+ chapters, lets end this thing now.

Fun end, I think.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Blue box
I really like the twist here, first he gets partenered to his rival, then he learns that the rival isnt that much of a douche, then he learns that he really isnt a rival, just a close friend of his crush and even has a girlfriend
I also love how the rival uses Taiki's crush to motivate him

Oct 27, 2017
One Piece 1015
A new usage of conqueror's haki?
Seemed more like people strong with observation haki. Similar to Aisa in Skypeia, some people just have the ability to perceive others

Blue Box
A romcom that seems to set up to have typical tropes then subverts them the next chapter? Wonderful! I'm actually enjoying it and not rolling my eyes like I have in the past

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Dr Stone 199
Wasn't expecting the team to split in two, but I wonder who stays behind to keep Xeno in check or are we past that now that all the world's social issues have been resolved by making super alloys?

MHA 315
Quick thinking and a bit of perception by Deku went a long way in giving Nagant at least one bit of happiness at the end. I would actually be shocked that she's dead as that blast didn't actually disintegrate her Really hope we delve more into the dark side of the hero world, especially if Hawks plays a bigger role here too.

Oct 25, 2017
One Piece 1015

Yamato fights with her father is gonna to be a lit at next week.

My Hero Academia 315

Man, One For All has done dirty to Nagant.... :(

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
One Piece 1015
No surprise it was Law's sub that picked up Luffy, but him "talking" underwater has some wild implications. Next week is definitely going to be wild and I hope all these fights get played out. Nice win for Sanji against Queen and Yamato vs Kaido is going to be great. Also, what is Chopper supposed to do with Wolfwood's cross...I mean Zoro's busted up body?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Cop and Dolphin 45
E3NoYXEWEAAxAu_

Witch Watch 17
Very cute chapter. Glad it isn't beating around the bush on the Nico x Moi pairing. Dad is also going to show up...maybe even as a bad guy.

I'm gonna be sad when this ends. The ramp up has been pretty amazing.
I mean Dolphin isn't in the name and the other limbs of Poseidon are still in play. But yeah it's probably near the bottom of the survivability list

MYF teased a new mastermind for and plot point though. Feels like time for some gag low stakes chapters