• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Florida still open because DeSantis is a psychopath. Waiting for things to get very bad here... :/

DeSantis wrote a letter to Trump asking him to declare Florida a disaster area meanwhile it's getting worse because the dumb fuck won't do anything to help prevent the spread.

DopeToast

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly very happy with how Governor Dewine is handling things here in Ohio. I'm sure I would disagree with many of his policies typically, but I'm very much admiring his leadership and his conferences every day.

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017
so may have been asked, but with washington shutdown, will likely be off for at least 2 weeks unless they determine our job site as essential. I'm kinda debating not paying my rent for the moment until we have a better idea of what's going on,incase my family needs the money for something else

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly very happy with how Governor Dewine is handling things here in Ohio. I'm sure I would disagree with many of his policies typically, but I'm very much admiring his leadership and his conferences every day.

Yeah, I've been following him on Twitter and he seems like he actually gives a damn. He's been having local celebrities tweet out videos encouraging people to stay home.

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
so may have been asked, but with washington shutdown, will likely be off for at least 2 weeks unless they determine our job site as essential. I'm kinda debating not paying my rent for the moment until we have a better idea of what's going on,incase my family needs the money for something else
If it's anything like Ohio's it wont make a damn bit of difference. Everyone will just say they are essential and continue as normal.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
The guy is full of shit. His stay at home order did nothing. Also he signed a "heart beat" anti abortion bill less than a year ago, his administration banned "non essential" abortions last week, and he fought hard as he could to keep gay marriage illegal. Fuck mike dewine.

Carcosan Stag

Oct 25, 2017
R'lyeh
Got an email earlier from the University of Oklahoma saying the City of Norman is issuing a 15 day shelter in place order, beginning Thursday March 26.

Oct 25, 2017
Would only skip paying if there is no late fee, if there is, might as well pay it

Oct 27, 2017
Governor Lamont of CT having his daily presser - number of new daily confirmed cases doubled from yesterday. Now, like Cuomo before, he is speaking in terms of protecting and providing for people for 4-6 months.

OP
OP
B-Dubs

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
Governor Lamont of CT having his daily presser - number of new daily confirmed cases doubled from yesterday. Now, like Cuomo before, he is speaking in terms of protecting and providing for people for 4-6 months.
Luckily, the tri-state area governors all seem to be working in tandem. So I'm not too worried about our response, I am worried about Trump potentially kneecapping it though.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
The president of Liberty University (VA, 5000~ students) reopened the school this week. "I think we, in a way, are protecting the students by having them on campus together," he said. I live two hours away.

9f9.png

AbsoluteZero0K

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019
The guy is full of shit. His stay at home order did nothing. Also he signed a "heart beat" anti abortion bill less than a year ago, his administration banned "non essential" abortions last week, and he fought hard as he could to keep gay marriage illegal. Fuck mike dewine.

The person you quoted already said that they would typically disagree with his policies, but they are handling this pandemic better than many of his peers.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
The person you quoted already said that they would typically disagree with his policies, but they are handling this pandemic better than many of his peers.
So? I think he is getting too much praise and has been dragging his feet for a week to issue a completely toothless stay at home order that doesn't do anything, and I am voicing my opinion. If you've got a problem with that you can block me.

Tackleberry

Oct 31, 2017
Alliance, OH
So? I think he is getting too much praise and has been dragging his feet for a week to issue a completely toothless stay at home order that doesn't do anything, and I am voicing my opinion. If you've got a problem with that you can block me.
I agree with you.
I am currently sitting in an empty showroom because we are considering ourselves "essential". It's nonsense.

It's likely costing us MORE to stay open than it would to be closed.

People are currently carrying on like nothing is going on, and it's annoying. Yes, there is less traffic on the roads.. but I promise you if I go to Walmart, Target or Best Buy.. it will be slammed.

AbsoluteZero0K

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019

So much aggression.

It's not customary for me to block someone the first time I have an interaction with them.

I was in Ohio on business at the time the first cases were announced there. Compared to neighboring states, Ohio was ahead of schedule.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
So much aggression.

It's not customary for me to block someone the first time I have an interaction with them.

I was in Ohio on business at the time the first cases were announced there. Compared to neighboring states, Ohio was ahead of schedule.
Ok? I am still criticizing Mik DeWine's current approach, his toothless stay at home order, and his absolutely indefensible record as a shit human being. I live in Ohio right now and always, and work at a non-essential business that declared itself essential under his extremely vague order. Mike DeWine is more worried about his business owning campaign contributors than the health and wellbeing of his working class constituents. In Ohio, essential = expendable. I'm voicing my perspective as a blue collar Ohioan, in the face of seeing so many people trip over themselves to praise this dick head.

soda mixer

Jul 4, 2018
normally hour and a half commute is less than an hour now. Stockton to Fremont. A lot of the people I work with are back, although some are still being asked to stay home.

First off, sorry about that commute in general—3 hours a day round trip is fucking rough. I commuted from Sacramento to UOP for a semester back in college: never again. Second, do you happen to work in construction? I live in Fremont near a huge-ass apartment complex that's being built, and I've been kind of surprised to see work resume over the past few days. Either way, stay safe!

kIdMuScLe

Oct 27, 2017
Los angeles
Damn a lot of people here in my hood still walking around like nothing is going on. Summer clothes, coughing and sneezing out in the open, touching everything. Sad

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't look like shelter in place is happening anytime soon in Kansas, but a number of counties have issued their own. I wish people here would take it more seriously. We're considered essential so we aren't closing, but I got everyone set up to work from home, yet everyone is still coming in. Our receptionist is 70+ and I even went to her house to show her how to do her job from there and she still is coming in despite management giving everyone the option.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
First off, sorry about that commute in general—3 hours a day round trip is fucking rough. I commuted from Sacramento to UOP for a semester back in college: never again. Second, do you happen to work in construction? I live in Fremont near a huge-ass apartment complex that's being built, and I've been kind of surprised to see work resume over the past few days. Either way, stay safe!
yeah, pretty rough lol. Been doing it off and on for more than 10 years at this point. I'm a machinist actually and there's quite a few shops in the area. I'm on Warren and Warm Springs. I think I know what you're talking about though. When I go down Warm Springs/Osgood toward Washington to go home I tend to see construction going down. Cheers!

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
As of today, the 14-day quarantine on all incoming travelers to Hawaii is now in effect. Residents are expected to quarantine at home, visitors in their accomodations. That last part is getting trickier by the day as hotels around the state continue to shut down.

Basically, Hawai'i is closed to visitors now.

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
I live a three blocks from Hollywood Beach in Chicago and usually go through there as part of my daily walk. Yesterday we had nice weather and it was horrifying to see the amount of groups just hanging out like nothing was wrong. Worst of all, a big group of older people were sitting on lawn chairs(!!!) acting like they didn't have a care in the world. Today the city closed all lakefront parks and paths. It's a necessary measure, but it makes me mad that people can be so selfish and unwilling to follow really basic safety protocol.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
I live a three blocks from Hollywood Beach in Chicago and usually go through there as part of my daily walk. Yesterday we had nice weather and it was horrifying to see the amount of groups just hanging out like nothing was wrong. Worst of all, a big group of older people were sitting on lawn chairs(!!!) acting like they didn't have a care in the world. Today the city closed all lakefront parks and paths. It's a necessary measure, but it makes me mad that people can be so selfish and unwilling to follow really basic safety protocol.
And right on cue, Chicago doubled cases overnight, after 3 days of declines. (Not saying they're causal, but I had hoped chicago wouldn't get as bad as NYC, now I don't know)

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
My company in California literally just gave up on any social distancing, limited manning plan they had worked out for this pandemic. They told everyone to come back to work on Monday. Business as usual.

Eleriu

The Fallen - Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
All MVD offices in NM have been ordered to close.
www.kob.com

All MVD offices ordered to close amid COVID-19 outbreak

The New Mexico Taxation and Revenue Department announced Thursday night that all MVD offices will be closed, effective immediately, to help stop the spread of COVID-19.

And our governor is going to announce an extended school closure tomorrow which could possibly maybe be a full school closure.
www.kob.com

Page Not Found

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017

Yeah. Fairly horrified by it. They know it's going to get worse and people will catch and spread it. Only a matter of time. I think they want us to work and make as much money for the company as we can, until the pandemic just takes us all out. Or at least until it takes a few people out, then they close, hire cleaners, and send us back to work again.

We have a union but this little disaster and their silence, proves they don't work for us employees, they answer to the company.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Gov. Baker has temporarily banned reusable bags in all Massachusetts grocery stores and allowed stores to stock single use plastic bags for the duration of the emergency:

whdh.com

Baker bans reusable grocery bags, imposes new guidelines amid coronavirus pandemic - Boston News, Weather, Sports | WHDH 7News

BOSTON (WHDH) - Gov. Charlie Baker on Wednesday announced a ban on reusable shopping bags in an effort to slow the spread of coronavirus in<a class="excerpt-read-more" href="https://whdh.com/news/baker-bans-reusable-grocery-bags-amid-coronavirus-pandemic/">Read More</a>

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
My company in California literally just gave up on any social distancing, limited manning plan they had worked out for this pandemic. They told everyone to come back to work on Monday. Business as usual.
Call up the media, etc, etc. I have to imagine a story about a company telling staff that they need to be in the building, when said staff doesn't have to be, would garner them some interest. Can't hurt.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Call up the media, etc, etc. I have to imagine a story about a company telling staff that they need to be in the building, when said staff doesn't have to be, would garner them some interest. Can't hurt.

Yeah, good call. Have thought about it, but never done anything like that. I guess it'd be best to call them anonymously? I know the local CA news has investigative reporting for this sort of thing.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Starting Sunday morning we're going into a shutdown for 14 days here in Columbia, SC. Apparently people here still weren't taking this seriously and were throwing parties and still going to parks.