• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Wow, just finished up the 10th and final episode of the first episode of the Apple TV show "The Morning Show" and i have this over whelming urge to just talk about it.

you probably never seen it because it's on Apple TV exclusive. Plus their controller is ass but hear me out.

This is a show is basically a inspired by and fictional version of the Matt Lauer and Les Moonves story.

Steve Carol is the Matt Lauer type character and he is an incredible portrayed pathetic monster and manipulator in this.

Reese Witherspoon is a force to be reckoned with and Aniston whom I never seen in anything outside of Friends is incredible. They got Nestor Carbanel in there as well.

God I'm just rambling, if you're looking for some solid good television, call a friend, borrow their Apple TV, watch this show, episode 10 is just.....amazing. I'm down to hide spoilers for that episode on page 2 if we get that far.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I felt the exact same way you did when I watched this. I had to talk to SOMEONE about it because it's brilliant. The entire series just builds and builds and builds to this moment and it explodes. It's masterful. It's a phenomenal show and I can't wait for season 2.

Top notch all the way. Have you watched For All Mankind or Servant yet?

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have Apple TV+ and it's on my watchlist for quite some time, along with Mystic Quest. I watched all of See which...was not good.

I'm very interested in the premise of Morning Show

OP
OP
TheGhost

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I felt the exact same way you did when I watched this. I had to talk to SOMEONE about it because it's brilliant. The entire series just builds and builds and builds to this moment and it explodes. It's masterful. It's a phenomenal show and I can't wait for season 2.

Top notch all the way. Have you watched For All Mankind or Servant yet?
No I have not but......you think they will cover Corona and non mask wearers and 2020 in season 2? I feel like a show like this would postpone just to capture that. The material writes itself.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's really good, wasn't expecting to binge watch it

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
No I have not but......you think they will cover Corona and non mask wearers and 2020 in season 2? I feel like a show like this would postpone just to capture that. The material writes itself.

If I'm not mistaken they were in the middle of filming season 2 when COVID hit and then everything shut down. So that would be season 3 at the earliest if they cover it.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: a-ha!

deadline.com

Jennifer Aniston & Billy Crudup Talk Character Conflict On ‘The Morning Show’, Season 2 Changes & Why We’ll Always Need ‘Friends’

Jennifer Aniston & Billy Crudup Talk Character Conflict On 'The Morning Show', New Season 2 Changes & Why We'll Always Need 'Friends'

Mark Duplass told me Season 2 is in rewrites right now, and he reminded me how this first season was also rewritten to keep it super current. Can you say anything about Season 2?

Aniston
: Well, here's what I think we can say: There is something about how the show works and it's now been made very clear, at least for the first two seasons. We had a good portion of Season 1 outlined-ish. And you know, we were still dealing with the human ills, racism, inequality, ageism, and the feuds that go on behind the scenes of these mom and pops that we see every morning, but then #MeToo happened. So, then that was another layer to the cake that had to be added into the whole story, and it just made it that much more exciting and current. So, for Season 2, the same thing. We had a good six or maybe seven outlines already done, and we were in the middle of shooting [episodes] one and two. And then there was just this feeling, and I couldn't put my finger on it, and the producers couldn't put their finger on it, but it was like something's missing and I don't know what it is. And then the COVID crisis happened.

Now, again, Kerry is back to the drawing board, and we are incorporating COVID in a way that is so exciting. I mean, I'm not calling COVID exciting by any stretch of the imagination, but in terms of where Season 1 ended, because the covers were being pulled on the network.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Ted Lasso is most likely the best show you've never watched though. But seriously, in its first year, Apple TV + has a bunch of really good and great shows.

OP
OP
TheGhost

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Billy Cruddup? Cory on the show? Dude is amazing. He constantly seems like he is just smoked a big fat spliff of Life and is great in the role he plays.
You spend all season wondering is he just as bad as everyone else. Is he going to take advantages of Bradley?
could....just be friends and you never really see that.

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The show was great and it evolved into something I wasn't expecting by the end. Most of the AppleTV shows were great.

For all mankind needs more love, too.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
The 3 last episodes just keep getting better and better which results in them being 10/10, 11/10 and 12/10.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
I enjoyed it and that scene with Martin Short and Steve Carrel was fucking stellar. The way the show just builds and builds is really something. There's a level of nuance and depth to each character that you simply don't see in a lot of tv shows out there. It's a great case study for the idea of command climate and how do many organizations are designed to protect themselves rather than the people that work for them.

Star Wild eo

Jul 22, 2020
It started out slow but when it got going it was a speeding train. As was mentioned here, from like episode 5, the way it just kept escalating and building was mindblowing. That final episode was probably one of the best episodes of television I've seen in the longest time.

blanton

alt account
Banned
Jul 28, 2020
I couldn't really get into the series. I watched the first three and a half episodes. Is "Emmy-bait" a common term? I think it's definitely applicable to this.

Axis

Dec 9, 2017
Not trying to derail the thread or anything, but I didn't hear about this show until now.

When I saw the "witherspoon" in the thread title, I immediately thought about how hilarious it would be if Steve carell, Jennifer aniston and Johnny witherspoon somehow ended up doing a show together before he passed away.

Definitely disappointed, but I'll check it out either way.

OP
OP
TheGhost

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
For the last episode...i thought it was brilliant how

bradley announces Hannah's death but you can only read lips and you see the slow motion shock and confusion and emotions all playing out at once

but for real my favorite non main character is fucking yanko
EIMIDEhX0AEWht0.jpg:large

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
For the last episode...i thought it was brilliant how

bradley announces Hannah's death but you can only read lips and you see the slow motion shock and confusion and emotions all playing out at once

but for real my favorite non main character is fucking yanko
EIMIDEhX0AEWht0.jpg:large

Yanko is a great character. I had no idea how his predicament was going to play out.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Ignored it when it showed up then saw ERA positive impressions. Finally marathon it during trip to Italy.
Great show

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Iirc the reviews for this were quite lukewarm which is why I never bothered, the disconnect in reading these posts is quite something

MyQuarters

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Watched this a few months ago and it's brilliant.
The whole cast absolutely nails it. Never knew how good Reese Witherspoon is - she's got some real chops

Oct 25, 2017
Iirc the reviews for this were quite lukewarm which is why I never bothered, the disconnect in reading these posts is quite something

Most tv shows only send out 3-5 episodes for pre release reviews and IIRC most said the show had promise but was taking too long to reach a stride.

I tried to watch the first episode and it was just awful, trite writing

Sep 20, 2020
Very good show.

I provide sex offender treatment to individuals. The #metoo movement and the generally toxic masculinity has a very deep presence in my line of work. Highly applicable to my daily practice.

empyrean2k

Oct 27, 2017
really enjoyed morning show. Ted Lasso is the goat though on AppleTv possibly my favourite tv show of the year. Servant was also surprisingly good, not something I thought I would like but did a lot. Trying is also very sweet and funny. AppleTv whilst it doesn't have a large selection imo does have quality.

Saad

Oct 27, 2017
Really? Out of all the acting on the show i wouldn't put her at the top reason to watch once the Bradley character goes into full play

honestly she carried the show for me -you can sense her presence as main facet everywhere lol- and it felt very natural. the rest in juxtaposition to aniston felt overacting/or doing way too much especially bradley lmao :/

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
But seriously, in its first year, Apple TV + has a bunch of really good and great shows.

Although I won't be signing up to Apple TV+ once my 'free year' expires next February, I will say that there have been some great stuff in their catalogue:

• Mythic Quest (both 'A Dark Quiet Death' and the Quarantine episode are outstanding)
  • For All Mankind (this is a rather compelling 'what if?' take on the moon landing)
  • Ted Lasso (one of the best new shows of this year)
  • Amazing Stories (was in the right kind of mood for this TV series)

On the other hand, for me personally, their drama shows like The Morning Show (sorry folks...), Servant, See, Truth Be Told and whatever Captain America starred in were unable to muster up much enthusiasm.

In a world where HBO releases higher quality dramas, I find myself feeling a bit ho-hum upon watching some of the Apple TV+ offerings.

OP
OP
TheGhost

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Although I won't be signing up to Apple TV+ once my 'free year' expires next February, I will say that there have been some great stuff in their catalogue:

• Mythic Quest (both 'A Dark Quiet Death' and the Quarantine episode are outstanding)
  • For All Mankind (this is a rather compelling 'what if?' take on the moon landing)
  • Ted Lasso (one of the best new shows of this year)
  • Amazing Stories (was in the right kind of mood for this TV series)

On the other hand, for me personally, their drama shows like The Morning Show (sorry folks...), Servant, See, Truth Be Told and whatever Captain America starred in were unable to muster up much enthusiasm.

In a world where HBO releases higher quality dramas, I find myself feeling a bit ho-hum upon watching some of the Apple TV+ offerings.
This is better than any HBO drama I watched in the last 3 years.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
TheGhost agreed, the show is amazing and absurdly under-appreciated. Definitely check out For All Mankind and Little America too. The former starts uber slow but both are absolutely amazing.
I watched the first episode and was kind of "meh" on it. I think I wasn't interested enough in the characters.
It gets a lot better as it goes on, definitely worth another shot if you're interested!

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
really enjoyed morning show. Ted Lasso is the goat though on AppleTv possibly my favourite tv show of the year. Servant was also surprisingly good, not something I thought I would like but did a lot. Trying is also very sweet and funny. AppleTv whilst it doesn't have a large selection imo does have quality.
I gotta check out Ted Lasso and this is the first I'm hearing of Trying so adding both to my list. Thanks for those! Definitely try For All Mankind and Little America if you haven't!
Edit: also wanted to recommend Little America to you Peek-a-boo!

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the Morning Show. Put in on as a lark after getting a trial via new ipad over the summer and was hooked. Billy Crudup was fantastic and looked like he had a fun time playing that character. Just kept waiting to see him do what we expected and then...

Apple shows I really liked:
Ted Lasso
Morning Show
Defending Jacob
Mythic Quest

I watched all of trying but didn't care for it, just wanted to finish it off to see if it led somewhere interesting to me, it did not
For all mankind, truth be told, and servant I watched the first episodes but not more, didn't grab me and my wife didn't care for, so need to try on my own time

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Really enjoyed it. Is there talk of a season 2? It felt pretty wrapped up and self-contained, but I'm sure they could do something (doesn't necessarily have to focus on the themes and story of the first season).

Aureon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly it was good, but so goddamn heavy
Some actors did outstanding jobs, some others were pretty insufferable (Sorry, bradley. Like the char, but the performance was horrendous)

For All Mankind is where appleTV's at!

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Instead of creating another thread, I'm just gonna bump this one.

This was almost shockingly good. I remember watching the trailer when it was announced and thinking it looked horrendous. Then the reviews came out and I wrote it off. Man I was pretty dang wrong about it. Maybe some bias against Apple as a newcomer to the TV field as well lol. I was kinda blown away by the level of production values on the show and the talent on display every single episode. Super impressed. I was hooked in for the whole thing.

Aniston/Witherspoon/Carell are all great but I thought Billy Crudup was an special kind of effortlessly good in his role.