• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I actually appreciate that the show purposefully fucks with the crazier fans. Just the fact that it remains highly episodic and actively denies the more convoluted and overly thought out fan theories over and over had me laughing on a metatextual level. People really wanted these season long arcs about Evil Morty and the show was like,"Nah"

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah I believe the Fall/Winter of this year though there isn't a hard date yet. They also wanted to do another bonus between seasons episode to act as a season finale for the last season since they actually ran short on the last season thanks to the Gargantua 2 episode that bridged it and the season prior.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I believe the Fall/Winter of this year though there isn't a hard date yet. They also wanted to do another bonus between seasons episode to act as a season finale for the last season since they actually ran short on the last season thanks to the Gargantua 2 episode that bridged it and the season prior.

It's actually kind of similar to Rick and Morty season 3 right? The final episode of R&M season 3 wasn't initially intended as a season finale, and the last ep of the last season of Venture Bros wasn't meant as a finale either. That's why they feel kind of anti-climactic.

That also bodes well for Rick and Morty season 4... I'm sure I read that they wanted a few more ep's for season 3, so presumably a couple of episodes at least are already written?

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
It is an amazing show. Crazy how spread out the seasons are and no real clarity if/when the next season will be.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's coming around veteran's day (11/11)

siddx

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
Great show. A lot of the fans suck but whatever, fans are always the worst part of anything.

Jun 1, 2018
User Banned (3 days): Trolling in a two year old thread
Great show. A lot of the fans suck but whatever, fans are always the worst part of anything.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

Lol did you just revive a 2 year dead thread for a copypasta?

Status
Not open for further replies.