• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

barjed

Project Lead
Verified
Aug 31, 2018
That would be great yeah! I really hope they continue to improve support. Glad the other tips/bindings have helped, I love how it feels even more the more I play.

Yes, sorry about not tagging you but I couldn't find that post to confirm the username. Anyway, your post was wonderful, I hope we can add it as a threadmark.

One small tweak I did was putting Interact on Y / Triangle and the Speciality on L3. That was you can interact with things while moving which is useful for trade skills and the frequency of use of the speciality skill (at least for my Deathblade) fits ok for the analog click button.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
So how fast does it take for you guys to get to the title screen once you boot it from Steam?

Cause mine takes legit maybe one minute.

It's not terrible but I'm wondering if it's like that for anyone else.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Level 47 now and I am taking a break for today, was a good session. My opinion of the game is definitely improving, even if there are still some areas that I am massively (heh) disappointed about after so many years of waiting. Mokoko Island was good and the second area was also decent with a slightly different way of progressing the story. Also it is fun to hear all the top JRPG VA talent here - basically the whole cast of Persona 5, Cold Steel, Ys, Fire Emblem shows up.

Fooled around a lot with the pad today and the game, while not perfect, is very playable. Finished some solo hard dungeons too. Used the tips from this thread to optimize the bindings as well. I would like to see an option to hide the cursor as long as the right stick is not moving. Right now the game emulates it in a funny fashion, so the cursor jumps around the screen while fighting mobs, which is distracting.

But anyway, the point is - this is going to fucking rock on my Steam Deck. Can't wait!

How does reaching 50 work? Will I continue doing the Ark quests but a new portion of gameplay unlocks? Or maybe is it like Genshin, where the story just stops at a certain point. Any insight would be appreciated so that I know what to expect.
Game uses Easy Anti Cheat.
Wouldn't hold out my hopes for Deck support.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
so is there anywhere i can go to see what the different guild ranks allow a player to do?

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
At some point I'm going to stop making characters and actually play one.

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png
This one is so dope !
unknown.png

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Wow at that Castle Siege mission O_o
Is this just the money-shot moment of the game or can I expect more on the scale and spectacle of that later on?
Love it.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
So how fast does it take for you guys to get to the title screen once you boot it from Steam?

Cause mine takes legit maybe one minute.

It's not terrible but I'm wondering if it's like that for anyone else.

From clicking "play" in steam to actually getting to any sort of title menu? A good minute or two.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
Queue for Thirian EU is now 17000, usually 3000 queue positions per hour, so thats like a 6 hour queue minimum and its been like that since about 3-4pm. Basically if you want to play at all in the next couple of weeks you are going to have to log in mid afternoon at the latest to have any chance.

F2BBm3ga

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, sorry about not tagging you but I couldn't find that post to confirm the username. Anyway, your post was wonderful, I hope we can add it as a threadmark.

One small tweak I did was putting Interact on Y / Triangle and the Speciality on L3. That was you can interact with things while moving which is useful for trade skills and the frequency of use of the speciality skill (at least for my Deathblade) fits ok for the analog click button.

Dude, this is EXACTLY the way to go. Because sometimes id accidently use Y (speciality) when I didnt mean to due to Holding R trigger Y for my ability or something. whereas that wont happen with it on the L click

Y as interact and L click as Specialty 2 is WIN WIN (For most classes)

It just doesn't work as well for Gunslinger class unfortanately. I need Character Specific binds (which I hope they give us in the future maybe?).

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Mokoko server is wild. The chat consists of 90% people screaming MOKOKO at each other lol

I made a character on Mokoko last night (well, early morning EU time) because it was one that wasn't "busy" at the time and the name is funny and it looks like one of the fastest to get into. Checked the Era EU guild server and that was a LOT busier (like 2x the queue) so will take a while to make one on there, will leave it a bit.

Made a Bard on the NA Era server though and can get in easy right now so will play there a bit.

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
It took me an hour to name my characters lol.
My first choice went through, which surprised me when I read that people were taking certain names.

Anyway, I've never EVER played a game like this before. Is the idea to build yourself up and remain stationary while fighting or are you supposed to move around? Because that's a bit awkward TBH 🤣

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine spending 8 years thinking it wouldn't be worth releasing this in the West smh.
Well it's also years of content and QOL updates that stacked up over the years, but the game looked cool even with its reveal trailer. Who knows if a publisher from half a decade ago would have done right for the western market. It won't pull me back into my diablo grind since i can only do so many mmo things at one time but people aren't starving for content that's for sure.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Is it possible to mute the inane NPC chatter in towns without muting my character's attack grunts?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't even true for any of the newer classes. All of them start at 50 or 60 or 70 nowadays - with all their skills unlocked and you're thrown into the cold water to figure them out.

It's significantly less bad here. Just read 6 descriptions, use the skills a few times and you'll know what to do.
Oh you mean the game when you start the new classes with like 20+ skills ?

You have 6 skills and they are all pretty straightforward. It takes like 40 seconds max to understand them. "Bad level design"... lol come on.

I mean, they're fundamentally different kinds of game when it comes to combat and how you use those skills. That's not to say that FF's is inherently better or something, it's just different - and inherently more complicated than FF's.

Most of the jobs in FF revolve around very clear 1-2-3 combos, building gauges, spending the gauges, etc. You use the majority of non-combo attacks right as they go off cooldown; auto-attacking is a thing that is literally automatic and is effectively incidental. You may spend more time reading the tooltips due to more skills but it's usually clear enough what to do just from that. There are definitely some like Black Mage where you really do need to go to outside resources for the rotation, unless you just have a much much bigger brain than I do I suppose, but they're mostly an outlier. The thing is, either way, you have a very clear rotation. That rotation is very gradually expanded on (sometimes way too gradually!) as you level and gain new skills. The jobs that start at higher levels may drop more skills on you at first, but they're still designed in a very similar way because they need to be playable from level 1 due to instances syncing you down.

(And… also you can't start as those so that's not really directly relevant to this anyway? When you start the game, you're a level 1 class that barely has any skills, and for a good while you're just building up to your basic combo and maybe some buffs/a ranged attack to use as needed. For some classes (for the worse) you might not even have an AOE combo for like 40 levels.)

Here… no, I'm looking at my Sorcereress skills and I don't actually know how to use them. Yes, I've read the tooltips, I know what they do. I don't know how to actually use them in battle effectively. Like is there an order I should be using them in for buffs/debuffs/crowd control, or are they more situational and I won't be screwing up my damage as long as I'm doing something? Should I be doing them all as they go off cooldown or saving them for those situations? Is some skill worthless and a dps loss to use? Do I care about auto-attacking, and if so, when? To be clear I'm 100% not saying this needs to be the same combat as FF or something, it's a different genre and that's cool and appealing to me, it just needs more explanation as a result.

When I can login later I'll go do the training stuff and it'll hopefully help; might watch a guide over my lunch if I can find a good one too. And obviously this is something that won't matter later when you've learned the class, it's purely a matter of the way you're dumped into combat. It's just definitely a little overwhelming to just be dropped in with 0 explanation, especially when it then prompted me to do some mechanics mid-battle but didn't take that opportunity to actually explain it.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
My Internet went down for a few minutes, the game crashed. But I was able to get back online without waiting time. I guess the game reservers your slot for a certain time for cases like this? Would be nice.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone had an audio bug? Just got in finally and now I have no sound. Hoping I don't have to relog to get it working.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
How do I combat in Lost Ark?
Try things out. Use the skills you like and that work for what you are doing.
The game has action combat and all enemy attacks are random. There are some classes that have a bit of a "rotation" but none of that stuff really works cause you are constantly moving and dodging.
During the 1-50 leveling, just try all the skills, put some points in them, try out the different tripods on them to see how they change the skill, switch skills out when you get new ones to test them.
You can not die, you can't do anything really wrong here, this is all content for you to just mess around in and get through to get to the actual game.
Just remember, it's an action game you see from the top. Don't think MMO combat, especially not tab target and holy trinity based stuff.

My Internet went down for a few minutes, the game crashed. But I was able to get back online without waiting time. I guess the game reservers your slot for a certain time for cases like this? Would be nice.

Yeah it is supposed to do that! Glad to see it works.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Here… no, I'm looking at my Sorcereress skills and I don't actually know how to use them. Yes, I've read the tooltips, I know what they do. I don't know how to actually use them in battle effectively. Like is there an order I should be using them in for buffs/debuffs/crowd control, or are they more situational and I won't be screwing up my damage as long as I'm doing something? Should I be doing them all as they go off cooldown or saving them for those situations? Is some skill worthless and a dps loss to use? Do I care about auto-attacking, and if so, when? To be clear I'm 100% not saying this needs to be the same combat as FF or something, it's a different genre and that's cool and appealing to me, it just needs more explanation as a result.

When I can login later I'll go do the training stuff and it'll hopefully help; might watch a guide over my lunch if I can find a good one too. And obviously this is something that won't matter later when you've learned the class, it's purely a matter of the way you're dumped into combat. It's just definitely a little overwhelming to just be dropped in with 0 explanation, especially when it then prompted me to do some mechanics mid-battle but didn't take that opportunity to actually explain it.

You will figure it out as you play. One of the reasons it doesn't outline a rotation clearly like in games like FF14 is because you can change the nature of all of the skills when you spec them in the skill tree. Now in the 30s I have built my own rotations/setups and it just came to me naturally.

Theiea

Oct 27, 2017
I just unlocked the stronghold.

Think I'll skip it, doesn't seem all that fun, just busy work.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
is there a point PvE wise where you have to think about what skills you cast when? so far it feels like you can just spam w/e and as long as your dodge is on point you're fine. *still very new to the game so im curious how it proceeds

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
is there a point PvE wise where you have to think about what skills you cast when? so far it feels like you can just spam w/e and as long as your dodge is on point you're fine. *still very new to the game so im curious how it proceeds
yes. once you get to the actual content. this usually starts after you get to 50.

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
anyone else having issue with founders stuff not appearing for you. Havent been able to claim it.

scy

Oct 25, 2017

Stagger type checks are the only notable ones that come to mind. And you get that tutorial during the story as well, for what it's worth. Beyond that, I guess normal concerns about animation lock and then stuff like mobility, super armor, etc. type things? That said, that's only my experience through T1, I should hopefully be into T2 this weekend.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
So is guild prgress meant to be incredibly slow or what? We finished the one guild task that we had and we cant do the next level of it yet, and we cant accept another one, and we cant reaseach andying, and when we complete this task we wont even have leveled up. And this task won't complete until the weekly reset? Yikes

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Wish you could have a first and last name for characters but seems to have an issue whenever you put a space in the name. All the first names I could think of were already taken lol. Just quickly created a character on Mari earlier this morning in case it locked down again, but not sure I got a name I fully like yet. Not that it really matters, but one of those details I like when creating a new character.

Kaffeemann

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I picked paladin figuring it was a lower played class as it's support.

Is there a way to see the subclass distribution by popularity anywhere?

You can see the subclass popularity based on the official Lost Ark Discord role picks:

Paladin - 11.0%
Sorceress - 10.5%
Bard - 10.1%
Berserker - 9.8%
Deathblade - 9.6%
Shadowhunter - 8.1%
Gunslinger - 7.5%
Gunlancer - 6.9%
Soulfist - 4.2%
Wardancer - 4.1%
Artillerist - 3.9%
Sharpshooter - 3.9%
Striker - 3.7%
Scrapper - 3.6%
Deadeye - 3.1%

For the Archetypes we get:

Warrior - 28.4%
Mage - 19.8%
Gunner - 18.6%
Assassin - 17.0%
Martial Artist - 16.3%

From 97917 votes.
You can also see the archetype popularity in game but that's just for the server I believe.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Not within the game unfortunately, sucks. You can use a simple app like Joy2Key to do this if you want to.

Every aimed skill has a robust auto aim at enemies in range which you can influence by moving yourself (and thus the aiming ring), you should rarely if ever need to move the right stick in combat.

I just tried both pinnacle profiler and joy2key and neither work when I assign RB to right stick press

Is there any way to remap right stick press in the actual game? I can't believe this is the default for such a commonly used input. Dragging anything is absolute hell on my thumb

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
So Lost Ark is now second in the list of most concurrent players on Steam, just went past CS:GO.

Still almost 2 million behind PUBG though.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So is guild prgress meant to be incredibly slow or what? We finished the one guild task that we had and we cant do the next level of it yet, and we cant accept another one, and we cant reaseach andying, and when we complete this task we wont even have leveled up. And this task won't complete until the weekly reset? Yikes
Yes guild progress is generally slow and the only way to speed it up is getting more members.
That's why fully leveled guilds are super precious

deftech

Oct 29, 2017
Dumb question, but I noticed my character has more than 8 attacks that correlate to qwer/asdf, how do I bind the new ones (or do I have to swap out some of the original skills I have)?

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Anyone had an audio bug? Just got in finally and now I have no sound. Hoping I don't have to relog to get it working.
Are you by any chance in Korean Audio? If so there's a known issue where you can set it to Korean without having actually downloaded the files associated with it. You have to acquire the free DLC through steam, install it, close the game that auto-opens, let the download finish and then it'll work

Hawkian

Oct 26, 2017
I just tried both pinnacle profiler and joy2key and neither work when I assign RB to right stick press

Is there any way to remap right stick press in the actual game? I can't believe this is the default for such a commonly used input. Dragging anything is absolute hell on my thumb
Hmmm I am not totally sure what you tried but you want to use joy2key to directly map mouse left click to the button you want, not map the button to right stick.

Also you may have missed how I set it up for dragging, so you can just have pick up and drop instead of having to hold anything. V. Nice https://www.resetera.com/threads/lost-ark-ot-path-of-diablo-xiv.549307/post-81975625