• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After watching some streams I ended up grabbing the bronze pack. Played for an hour and its alright. I only really did the prologue and some quests.

Went with paladin in US-West Mari.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Having trouble deciding between bard and sorceress...

do you want to rain down death on mobs with meteors and shit or play music notes to kill them? >_>

I'm a bard main atm, but did a dungeon with me as bard and 3 sorcs (lol) and was quite jelly of all the flashy shit they were doing.

But then again you are comparing a support class to a dps so it's kind of a weird choice you're trying to make.

Any issues with a Bard and Pali in the same group? I'm looking for feedback in end game content.

as far as I know theres usually only 1 support both in 4-man and 8-man content, could be wrong tho.

Heatster101

Oct 27, 2017
A wild stab in the dark possibly, been really enjoying Lost Ark but want to play it on my TV with Keyboard and mouse but the joypad controls seem an absolute nightmare, can any recommend a good wireless keyboard(not too pricey) to connect to my laptop(already have a wireless mouse) so I can use it on my lap

Friskyrum

Jun 25, 2019
Well my server of Galatur was down for maintenance for hours (kind of weird cause yes it has big streamers, but I don't really remember the player count being as high as some other servers so I wonder what went wrong) and now it's back up and a lot of people are complaining they're missing the main story quest. Oof.

Nov 21, 2017
Yeah, I have put in 7 hours since wednesday despite working long days. This game is addictive as heck. Can not wait to get into a guild and to end-game content. Rocking a gunner now, but am itching to try warrior, too.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Jup, this clicked with me HARD yesterday. Clearing those maps, filling the adventure journal, killing world bosses, doing dungeons with others. Fantastic fun. I think giving more care to the adventure journal was the key for me to enjoy this game a lot more than I did initially. Gives me Guild Wars 2 map clearing vibes all over again and I loved that shit.

Will stick with this for a good while I think.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really get the twitch drops race, do they think streamers will play the game until march 1st, with KOFXV, Horizon 2, Total War Warhammer 3, Destiny 2's expansion and Elden Ring in the next weeks?
They are barely at half the points to unlock the 1st reward and the F2P opens tomorrow...
www.playlostark.com

Legends of Lost Ark

Watch the race on Twitch, root for your team, and earn prizes as the streamers earn points and complete Objectives.

erd

Self-Requested Temporary Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure picking gunslinger as my first class was the best idea. It feels great to play, but I'm worried it's going to be kind of too hard later on. Not because of the weapon switching, but because of how squishy it supposedly is. Combined with the fact that I only have mobility skills with pistols and that half my shotgun/rifle skills have long animation locks I'm a bit worried I'll be dying way too much when things actually get hard.

Can anyone who's played the class in raids and other endgame stuff comment on how much of a problem that actually is?

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I don't really get the twitch drops race, do they think streamers will play the game until march 1st, with KOFXV, Horizon 2, Total War Warhammer 3, Destiny 2's expansion and Elden Ring in the next weeks?
They are barely at half the points to unlock the 1st reward and the F2P opens tomorrow...
www.playlostark.com

Legends of Lost Ark

Watch the race on Twitch, root for your team, and earn prizes as the streamers earn points and complete Objectives.
they are literally being paid to do it

Jun 1, 2021
For the people who don't like all the "f2p" currencies, etc. What is it your meaning? There's only really 3 currencies for the shop. The rest of the items are all really farmed in game. I do wish they would consolidate alot of the items but there's just as many in WoW, Guild Wars, etc.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
www.playlostark.com

Legends of Lost Ark

That site updates daily.
Legendoflostark.com updates hourly.

And yes it's possible it's just that Latin America will probably unlock everything.

Edit: Looks like na woke up

Legends of Lost Ark

We have designed the first evolving Twitch drop. The more points earned, the better the rewards for the viewer. For this event, 60 creators across the globe split into 3 teams of 20 will race for the best drops and rewards for their viewers.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell why are classes gender locked?

Just how it is my friend. They are slowly adding new subclasses for all main classes to diversify the genders represented, but if you want to be a Berserker, you're gonna have to be a dude. Sucks, but is what it is.
A friend of mine invited me to play this game with him and after looking at the available classes I noticed some of them were gender locked! We had this same issue with Black Desert Online in December 2019 and I don't understand why Korean MMOs subscribe to this nonsense maybe I'm just spoiled by FFXIV's freedom of choice but man...

Oct 27, 2017
they are literally being paid to do it
You're right, it slipped my mind that was the case, tho I don't see people watching streams of this game for the rest of the month but I may be wrong.
The game being F2P tomorrow I don't see many people waiting for the rewards when you need to watch streams for 4h to unlock one drop.

That site updates daily.
Legendoflostark.com updates hourly.

And yes it's possible it's just that Latin America will probably unlock everything.

Edit: Looks like na woke up

Legends of Lost Ark

We have designed the first evolving Twitch drop. The more points earned, the better the rewards for the viewer. For this event, 60 creators across the globe split into 3 teams of 20 will race for the best drops and rewards for their viewers.
Thanks for this, it seems Europe is late.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
You're right, it slipped my mind that was the case, tho I don't see people watching streams of this game for the rest of the month but I may be wrong.
The game being F2P tomorrow I don't see many people waiting for the rewards when you need to watch streams for 4h to unlock one drop.

Thanks for this, it seems Europe is late.
i wouldn't say late. NA was trailing at one point with 1700 with both EU and LA close to 2500. EU has also been up for a few hours now. so LA and EU should overrtake NA throughout the day. NA is the evening gamers

if anything LA would take them both as they were always ahead. but we'll see. most of them seem to have hit lvl 50 now

Last edited:

headspawn

Oct 27, 2017
For people new to the game, is this scratching the Path of Exile/Diablo itch or is it very much just an MMO with that familiar combat.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I used ''Can you run it'' for fun and turns out my 10 year old PC can run it,I barely pass though,I have the minimum minimum lol...maybe I will download it overnight and see how it goes,with everything on low setting and even 720P(will try 1080 first).

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
I am back asking again... how do you do guild tasks lol. I unlokced the mining skill, so I can mine now. I still cant make any progress on our guild "try mining" weekly tasks though. Someone plz hlp us. People thought it was because everyone was still a new guild member, but as guild leader I can't do it either? That just seems wrong.
been hearing that those quests can only be done after you hit level 50

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Finally had time to start playing a bit this morning, and I really like what I've seen. Controller support is much better than I had anticipated, although I'm playing as a Warrior Berserker which may have something to do with it.

My character is on NA East Una and I did join the discord earlier this week, I assume I have to get much deeper in the game before I could even join the guild?

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Finally had time to start playing a bit this morning, and I really like what I've seen. Controller support is much better than I had anticipated, although I'm playing as a Warrior Berserker which may have something to do with it.

My character is on NA East Una and I did join the discord earlier this week, I assume I have to get much deeper in the game before I could even join the guild?
The main guild is full so you won't be able to find it. There's been a bit of confusion on how to progress to increase the capacity but we also have a backup guild in the meantime

Lostera

You should be able to join after you finish the start area and get to prideholme. But yeah main guild is full for now.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Area chat is really something, huh.
I think I'm reaching the end of the first continent. There was a really cool dungeon which involved a waterway and I was impressed at how cool it was.

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
So are you expected to complete the adventure tome by the time the story takes you out of a region or do you come back? I've just left the first region (only Lv 18 or so) and I'm only at 50% completion despite doing everything up to that point.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So are you expected to complete the adventure tome by the time the story takes you out of a region or do you come back? I've just left the first region (only Lv 18 or so) and I'm only at 50% completion despite doing everything up to that point.
You are not gonna complete it before you leave.
It takes a dedicated effort to complete the tome for a region, including either a lot of random monster killing for the collectible drops or buying them from the AH from other players.
Filling your adventure tome is one of the longterm progressions in the game and is done over weeks/months

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
You are not gonna complete it before you leave.
It takes a dedicated effort to complete the tome for a region, including either a lot of random monster killing for the collectible drops or buying them from the AH from other players.
Filling your adventure tome is one of the longterm progressions in the game and is done over weeks/months

Ok, that makes sense. I can move on without obsessing so much then lol

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
But this game is like 95% combat?
Probably depends where one is in the game. I kind of agree with them as the opening hours of the game are pretty slow, with the early game quests having you tour the city, listen to prologue stuff, and then your kill quests are like "kill 4 spiders" and then you go back to talk to more NPCs. I can see where someone would want to immediately jump in and aoe smash mobs of enemies like Diablo because the combat is so satisfying.

I've hit the level 20 area and dungeon and it has been a lot more fun taking part in that and the world boss stuff as opposed to the opening of the game, which is pretty dang slow and very introductory MMO sloggy, IMO of course.

Pellaidh

Oct 26, 2017
One interesting mechanic that this game does and I didn't even notice before reading up on it is that in PvP, the camera perspective of the opposing team is rotated 90 degrees compared to what you see. So your left and right become the opponent's top and bottom (video example).

Which is a really clever way of giving you an option to outflank and ambush your opponents despite the top-down perspective. Since if you engage your opponent from the left or right, they can't see you approaching because you'll come from the top from their perspective.

Although apparently this isn't always the case in all game modes modes, and might even only be a thing in ranked.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Oh come on fuck those queues. Number 17.000, this will take hours until I can play and I have to work tomorrow. And this will be unplayable the whole weekend. I honestly hope they delay the F2P start before they get that shit sorted out. Literally teaming up with the biggest Cloud Service company in the world and still this shit to deal with.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
is this downloading slow as shit for everyone else? I'm not ni a rush because I know the queues will be forever but steam is only DLing at like 600kb/sec, even after pausing/unpausing, restarting, restarting steam etc. normally I download closer to 10-50mb/sec

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
is this downloading slow as shit for everyone else? I'm not ni a rush because I know the queues will be forever but steam is only DLing at like 600kb/sec, even after pausing/unpausing, restarting, restarting steam etc. normally I download closer to 10-50mb/sec
try different download servers? might just be congested or servers are dying for other reasons

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I hear (pun intended) that the Bard is good. Is the Bard good? Please tell me the Bard is good.