• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

U see this?

• Yes

Votes: 37 11.5%
  • No

Votes: 175 54.2%
  • Thor 4: Love and Tenders

Votes: 111 34.4%

• Total voters

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate this anti social trend. i live alone, I like eating out and seeing you other people (and it's easier to fix your order) and dispise drive through as lazy and unhealthy (get out and walk). Places like Taco Bell are moving towards only having drive through.

I hate our driving culture

It's not about covid, it's about them trying to gorge your for more profit and cut down on overhead (in-n-out has a full dining area every day)

w_r

May 13, 2022
I almost never go into a McDonald's to order anymore these days and I don't know very many people who do, but I guess I wouldn't be surprised that this is a thing because they probably consider "sitting in the dining room" something you're paying for whereas an online pickup or drive-thru order wouldn't necessitate that kind of upcharge.

Dumb, but I can see the "logic" in it.
Who tf sits in a dirty ass mcdonalds dining room

Oct 27, 2017
Not that I know, my relationship with McDonald's is a once a month sort of thing whenever the app pings me with a decent deal. No difference in pricing when you order sit-in vs takeout on the app at least.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I hate this anti social trend. i live alone, I like eating out and seeing you other people (and it's easier to fix your order) and dispise drive through as lazy and unhealthy (get out and walk). Places like Taco Bell are moving towards only having drive through.

It's not about covid, it's about them trying to gorge your for more profit and cut down on overhead (in-n-out has a full dining area every day)
We had this thread recently, and it's a weep for humanity moment.

www.resetera.com

Taco Bell Defy redefines the drive-thru

https://www.axios.com/2022/06/06/taco-bell-defy-brooklyn-park-minnesota

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure in Europe they charge exactly the same. I first used the Drive Thru back when Covid started, and never looked back. We moved into the suburbs a few years ago and I can't walk up to it anyway.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The elderly and homeless
As a manager at a McDonald's, this checks out. The only people that sit down in my lobby are elderly people drinking coffee, and homeless people (who unfortunately 9/10 times will do something like flash themselves to customers, steal pop, do drugs in the bathroom, spit or threaten us, etc).

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
In Canada I have not seen a different in prices between inside and drive thru. If that was the case it would be bullshit since I prefer to park and get take out instead of run my car through a drive thru.

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a manager at a McDonald's, this checks out. The only people that sit down in my lobby are elderly people drinking coffee, and homeless people (who unfortunately 9/10 times will do something like flash themselves to customers, steal pop, do drugs in the bathroom, spit or threaten us, etc).
Nonsense, and let them steal soda. It costs you guys nothing.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nonsense, and let them steal soda. It costs you guys nothing.
Not sure how you can say it's nonsense when I'm the manager of the McDonalds physically dealing with them on a daily basis. I am not saying all homeless people are like that, I am saying the homeless people that come into my restaurant are like that. That's a fact. And yes, I let them steal pop because last time I asked someone not to, they walked up to me and punched me.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I use the app for all those places now. You constantly earn rewards, are given really cheap deals all the time, and you can order ahead and just pick that shit up instead of sitting around all day.

Tamerlane

Oct 27, 2017
Pricing even varies depending on location. Not sure why a mcflurry costs 0.30 more at some places

w_r

May 13, 2022
Not sure how you can say it's nonsense when I'm the manager of the McDonalds physically dealing with them on a daily basis. I am not saying all homeless people are like that, I am saying the homeless people that come into my restaurant are like that. That's a fact. And yes, I let them steal pop because last time I asked someone not to, they walked up to me and punched me.
Sorry that happened to you. Maybe he was mad about the ice cream machine always being broke

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain

no matter how lonely you are, please do not watch me at mcdonald's

JohnsonUT

Oct 27, 2017
$1 large fries gang.
Cheaper to build a combo piecemeal with it than it is to buy a combo that has medium fries ✌️
Every time I order in the app, I get a 20% off coupon in my "deals" section. Just today I was wondering if they inflate the app prices so that the 20% brings the items down to drive-through prices.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
They want you to use the app because its cheaper, simpler and speeds up the process while collecting your data.

I'm not sure if prices are different locally. But to get the best deals and freshest made food you use the app then pickup at the drive thru. Curb side pickup takes far longer for some reason and often only delivery services like skip use the parking spots but still go inside to save time.

The food industry is moving toward a takeout only system.

Akahige

Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense, people are fucking worse in person. No employee wants to deal with that shit I'm sure. My local Wendy's straight up locks the door during lunch and dinner rush from what I've noticed.

CoinStarDX

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why anyone would do any thing other than ordering in the app at this point is beyond me.

There's are super specific customizations you can't do in the app, but other than that it's a superior experience in every way

Valencia15

Banned
May 8, 2022
I assume all restaurants charge you for dinning in, but if they charge more for just ordering inside that's just a scam.

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
Use the app. Their deals section + earning points is great especially if you're on a tight budget.
This. I almost exclusively use their app. $1 for large coffee or large fries beats paying $2.50 regular price. You can even buy a drink for $1 and get large fries for free.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Why anyone would do any thing other than ordering in the app at this point is beyond me.
Don't got an app! I don't drive either!

The app also removes the risk of the cashier entering your order wrong, which saves them in refunds and replacements.
They've had those touchscreen ordering machines at any mcdonalds near me for over a year now an I've exclusively used 'em ever since. Love 'em since I've stopped getting pickles on my burgers!

As for app discounts from whenever a friend shows me 'em, the discounts are either for nothing I eat, or for a free large fries which I'd end up throwing must of away if I ever used it. Dun think I'd be saving money in reality by having and using one.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
They've had those touchscreen ordering machines at any mcdonalds near me for over a year now an I've exclusively used 'em ever since. Love 'em since I've stopped getting pickles on my burgers!
Yeah, some locations around here have had those for close to a decade, but the smaller locations don't have space for them. The app nicely fills that gap.

The Bookerman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate ordering inside because of all the a-hole Uber Eats drivers being super pushy, and you are not being prioritized: drive-thru, deliveries and then inside patrons get served last.

Agent_J

Oct 30, 2017
In my state, for my entire 30 something year life their has been a tax on dine in orders at all fast food. I first realized as a young teen working in food service. Maybe y'all just never realized before? I thought this was nationwide
I remember as a kid I would always order to go to avoid this tax. I can't say I've seen it for decades, though.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
This seems kind of overly judgmental or just like overthinking stuffing some fast food in your face.

One of the key words is "fast", which is why most people use the drive-thru. It's also kind of weird making other human beings your mealtime entertainment.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I hate ordering inside because of all the a-hole Uber Eats drivers being super pushy, and you are not being prioritized: drive-thru, deliveries and then inside patrons get served last.
Fuck that Uber Eats trash. Sometimes on my way home from work I just wanna pick up a single goddamn McDouble at the subway station, but there are several large Uber Eats orders ahead of me in the priority sequence, and one of the people waiting for pickup is usually an asshole parked in the No Stopping zone with buses honking at his car.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Use the app. Their deals section + earning points is great especially if you're on a tight budget.
It's amazing to me, living in a Fairly low income area. How many people I still see rolling up to the drive through window and ordering off the board. Often after 15 minutes of waiting in their car to reach it. Slowing down the process and paying more. It's still like an exception if feels like to order on an app. Most people I know still do it the "old fashioned way". I'm the only one of my various friends groups that use apps.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Looking back on my calendar, it looks like I was getting my tires rotated.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Not taking advantage of the BK app's two croissanwiches, two coffees, and two sides of tots for $6 deal is bad praxis.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd imagine it might be up to franchise owners in regards to in store pricing to a degree. I've noticed up to a 20-30 cent per item variance in my local stores alone.

I eat way too much McDonalds lately because of that app. It's seriously the best deal in fast food currently (assuming you like McDonalds).

Yes! I have a shitload of points because the deals are better than the rewards.
Jack In the Box used to be the absolute best. But they basically don't offer any deals anymore, just the $1 for two tacos again thankfully, which is still the best value. McDonalds with fries and occasional extra free item is nice. If you're a spicy McChicken, or double cheeseburger kind of person with the BOGO $1

MrToughPants

Oct 30, 2017
I needed the app to get the dollar drink I drove off and haven't been back since.

If I am getting takeout at work I go to Costco for the hotdog/pop and poutine which comes to $8.50 for 2000cals. 🤤