• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on chapter 3 right now, this is amazing lol. Really loving it a lot so far.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm def going to replay at least once, I want to see what some of the other options are like, and I want to get the achievements I've missed.

Just finished chapter 3, that was really fucking good. I think I'll stay up and at least start chapter 4 tonight, I want to see what happens next lol.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I'm also excited for the Lis 1 Remaster which I think is also out on the 30th.

I hope it doesnt look that downgraded compared to True Colors.

If the lipsync and facial animations is the same as True Colors it is basically going to be the perfect game.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I'm also excited for the Lis 1 Remaster which I think is also out on the 30th.

I hope it doesnt look that downgraded compared to True Colors.

If the lipsync and facial animations is the same as True Colors it is basically going to be the perfect game.

Both remasters got delayed to 2022 actually. They were originally set to come out at the end of September, though.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
What? oh no, I thought the delayed date was the 30th. I guess PS store has forgot to change.

So no other date other than 2022? Did they say why?

It got delayed to early 2022. No exact date has been named yet. The reasons were pretty much the additional challenges due to the ongoing pandemic. I can't blame them. I rather have them take their time with the remasters rather than pushing them out too quickly with a low quality. Of course, it would've been great to play them this year still.

E8hP91bXsAE2qIl

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Do we know anything about the small patch that hit today?
store.steampowered.com

Life is Strange: True Colors - Week 1 Patch - Steam News

The Week 1 Patch is now live. Please find details below: Issues Fixed Save file Issues Black Screen Issues Aggressive Lighting issues Size: 199MB Please see our most recent blog entry for more information on current and upcoming fixes.

Edit: For other platforms.
Week 1 Patch
Available: Monday, September 20th

Fixed Issues

PlayStation

• PS5 Ray-Tracing Issue

Xbox

• Xbox Series X Ray-Tracing Issue

Windows Store

• Ray-Tracing Issue

Steam

• Save file Issues

• Black Screen Issues

• Aggressive Lighting issues

Stadia

• Pre-Order Outfit ownership issues

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
So funny to watch my four-year-old YT video of the DnD sequence in Before the Storm suddenly explode in popularity from all the thirsty Steph stans.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Is it possible to freecam in the PC version of True Colors? I'm trying to get a few high quality screenshots of the tattoos on Alex's hand from different angles.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So far this DLC has been amazing.

love the text exchanges Steph has with the various people.

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, all. Left this in the other thread, too. I know that a ton of retailers has this game on sale for $35 for Black Friday, but I noticed that Target has the Switch pre-order for the same price:

www.target.com

Life is Strange: True Colors - Nintendo Switch

Read reviews and buy Life is Strange: True Colors - Nintendo Switch at Target. Choose from contactless Same Day Delivery, Drive Up and more.

Not sure if mistake, I'd hurry.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Finally getting around to playing True Colors. Still very early on and this is already giving me way more LiS vibes than 2 did, I love it. Esp. the soundtrack.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Finally getting around to playing True Colors. Still very early on and this is already giving me way more LiS vibes than 2 did, I love it. Esp. the soundtrack.

To me it's easily as good as LiS1, possibly better. I went in with no expectations and was consistently blown away.
The only bad thing about the game is that it ends.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought True Colors was the worst of the Life Is Strange games. YMMV. Your choices aren't as consequential here and the story overall was kind of a wet fart.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
yeah True Colors is easily the weakest game in the franchise for me.Even the soundtrack was not great for me.
not as ambitious as LiS2(in terms of narrative design and choice/consequence particularly) and it tries to copy the first season and check a lot of boxes a bit too much.
For the first time i had a franchise fatigue with this game. And the story wasn't good unfortunately. The price was too high too.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
To me it's easily as good as LiS1, possibly better. I went in with no expectations and was consistently blown away.
The only bad thing about the game is that it ends.

I thought True Colors was the worst of the Life Is Strange games. YMMV. Your choices aren't as consequential here and the story overall was kind of a wet fart.

yeah True Colors is easily the weakest game in the franchise for me.Even the soundtrack was not great for me.
not as ambitious as LiS2(in terms of narrative design and choice/consequence particularly) and it tries to copy the first season and check a lot of boxes a bit too much.
For the first time i had a franchise fatigue with this game. And the story wasn't good unfortunately. The price was too high too.

I see controversy!

End of Chapter 2, still really liking the writing, story (so far) and especially the music. The power/integration into the story is definitely much weaker than LiS though, but it's definitely gripping me harder than LiS 2 ever did.

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
LiS 1 > True Colors >> BtS >>>>>> the big shit my cat took this morning >>>>>>>>LiS2

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I get that everyone loved the D&D sequence of LiS and this LARPing is supposed to be more of that, but.... Did it have to be this long? lol. It's cute but lol

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Chapter... I think 4 or 5 spoiler:

So this hospital sequence is supposed to be the equivalence of the Chloe in a wheelchair alternative life (?), but... Just not quite as impactful. Game definitely feels structurally/storytelling wise VERY similar to LiS, for better and worse

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Chapter... I think 4 or 5 spoiler:

So this hospital sequence is supposed to be the equivalence of the Chloe in a wheelchair alternative life (?), but... Just not quite as impactful. Game definitely feels structurally/storytelling wise VERY similar to LiS, for better and worse
No. It's a callback to Episode 5 of LiS1.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, finished the game, here's some thoughts fresh off the presses:

.... that's it? oh boy.

Chapters 1 & 2 were, by FAR, my favourite. Great introduction to the characters, great music, just pure bliss. Good intro to her powers, great writing (Ryan's gotta be my fav NPC), and an amazing soundtrack.

Chapters 3+... it kind of goes downhill. There's a couple of main sticking points I have here

a) the LARP part, while fun, is WAY too long - especially for a game that's already way too short (and for full price)! I get that it's a throwback to the D&D part from the first LiS, but that one took a way smaller part of the game.

b1) The overall story just kind of... falls apart. It feels very contrived, if that's the correct word. There's no "mystery" to solve - you find everything on literally one USB stick, that's it. Mystery solved.

b2) The Jed villain reveal was nice, but it just feels very... made-up. Like I don't believe for a second that this old guy is suddenly a cold-blooded killer. He made a mistake 20 years ago that weighs heavy on him, but I don't think that would suddenly turn him into someone who'd just kill Alex in cold blood and shoot her in the face. There's just not enough story-support for that.

b3) The "you also killed my dad" part feels extremely unnecessary. The dad plays pretty much NO role in the main story, and suddenly he's ALSO a casualty of Jed? Why? What does this do to help... anyone? It also raises the question of how did SEVEN people die in the mines and there's zero record of them? It just falls completely flat as a "reveal".

b4) Mac just... disappears. He stuck around in Haven in my story, but he becomes a non-factor. In fact there's a TON of characters whose interactions with Alex I would have LOVED to have seen more fleshed out - Mac, Diana & Charlotte at the top, but even Riley, Eleanor and Dickie (who does get a small but sweet moment at the spring festival). The game is so short, so it just feels like there's so much... missing that would've built a better story.

b5) Her powers become... pretty much useless. Yes she can chose to "take someone's emotion away", but the consequences are so minor and don't feel like much of anything. Definitely a much weaker power than LiS, from a story-impact PoV.

b6) Her past in the foster system could've been elaborated much more. There's so many references to people & events (attack on Harley (?)) in her journal that never come up in the dream sequences that could've been explored more.

Overall, I think the game tries very, very hard to be LiS, with very similar story progression and story beats, but while it starts off strong, it just never gets there - in big part because the game just feels very short, and the story very... "short-cut" to get to the end. I wish this game was twice as long, with twice the world and character building, twice the mystery to solve, twice the powers to use and their effects, etc. As it stands, it's an enjoyable, short-story version of a LiS. I'd put it below BtS even - similar in scope and "weakness" of the power, but BtS benefited from heavy relation to the original LiS, while this one has to stand alone. Soundtrack is good though. Love Alex and most of the characters, wish it had been more fleshed out in every single aspect.

LiS >> BtS > LiS:TC >>>>>>> Captain Planet >> LiS 2.

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On a side note, I missed Twin Mirror and it doesn't seem like it's available at many places any more. Does anyone know the lowest price I can find for it for Xbox?

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
On a side note, I missed Twin Mirror and it doesn't seem like it's available at many places any more. Does anyone know the lowest price I can find for it for Xbox?

on xbox, i don't know but it's now on Steam:

(the game was not great-weakest Dontnod game imo- but the price is correct,game is very very short )

BoboBrazil

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
on xbox, i don't know but it's now on Steam:

(the game was not great-weakest Dontnod game imo- but the price is correct,game is very very short )

Thanks. Unfortunately my PC won't run the game and Xbox is still $29.99. Hoping they also drop the price for it.

Rygar1126

Oct 27, 2017
Nice to know it's still coming at the beginning of February. Considering they pretty much haven't talked about it in months lol