• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Not reading any spoilers but I got to a certain point in Episode 2 and wow fuck this game huh

Why even introduce Mushroom if you're just gonna kill her off? Seems like the writers had plans for the dog then realised it would be too hard for them to take a dog to Mexico and pivoted hard. Cheap, meaningless death.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Not reading any spoilers but I got to a certain point in Episode 2 and wow fuck this game huh

Why even introduce Mushroom if you're just gonna kill her off? Seems like the writers had plans for the dog then realised it would be too hard for them to take a dog to Mexico and pivoted hard. Cheap, meaningless death.
Yeah, this sentiment was shared several times over when the episode first released. It's cheap and needless. They introduced an element, only to snatch it away almost as soon as it was introduced.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018

Yup. That made me drop the game. I loved LiS1 and BtS, but I hate this cheap shit.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018

People should stop playing cute games. :D
Life can be brutal.

Dog is killed a bit too fast imo,but i can understand why.
it was planned since the beginning.(if i remember some interviews)
Of course it will be very difficult to take a dog to Mexico.(but also technically it will be very difficult and a lot of work to animate a dog in each episode.)
The death of Mushroom is important because Daniel uses his power on a living creature for the first time.It's not really cheap,it implies a choice and an important event for the character developpement.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Finished Episode 5 last night.
I chose the Parting Ways ending. After watching all the other endings I'm a bit bummed that it had the least amount of resources put into it, since I think it's the best ending. Both brothers get what they wanted/needed with some compromise, resulting in the most balanced ending. I'd say Redemption is probably the closest to a true ending (in the eyes of the developers as evident by the amount of resources allocated to it) but it rubs me the wrong way. Sean loses his late teens and 20's to prison in exchange for Daniel having a near normal life, resulting in Sean having PTSD and having no chance at a normal life.
Overall, it's a more polished experience than LiS1 and I enjoyed my time with it.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
I chose the Parting Ways ending. After watching all the other endings I'm a bit bummed that it had the least amount of resources put into it, since I think it's the best ending. Both brothers get what they wanted/needed with some compromise, resulting in the most balanced ending. I'd say Redemption is probably the closest to a true ending (in the eyes of the developers as evident by the amount of resources allocated to it) but it rubs me the wrong way. Sean loses his late teens and 20's to prison in exchange for Daniel having a near normal life, resulting in Sean having PTSD and having no chance at a normal life.
Overall, it's a more polished experience than LiS1 and I enjoyed my time with it.

there is no "true" or canon ending.

the Parting Ways ending is still a bittersweet ending.Daniel has a tracker,so he can't see his brother again,and Sean will probably have to be very careful,even in Mexico.
All of the endings have pros and cons.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
That's just something people who know what the true ending is but don't want to pick it tell themselves. The fact that everybody will know which one I'm talking about without even saying it sort of proves the point.

There's always something the creator feels works best.

For me, the prison ending doesn't work simply because they end up different people and still go their separate ways. (If they drove off in the same car, I think my feeling toward it would be completely different.) The other non-crazy ending may be the more selfish one, but it's better that two people have lives than one gives his up entirely and doesn't even come out the other side with anything left to stand on, even if that's just the way life really works.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
For me personally, I don't really care which is the "true ending" or what have you - yes I have my own thoughts about which ending I'd like to think of when I think of these characters.
But for me, the ending is the message behind all of the endings put together.
The two brothers, from the beginning, have been doomed. There was never a good solution to their problems, and by the end the entire world is convinced that they're criminals rather than victims of bad luck, a whole lot of racism, and a bunch of assholes in general.
Society doesn't have a perfect solution. Either they turn themselves in for crimes they never wanted to commit, or they embrace the criminality that the world is so convinced they have and achieve happiness that way. This, to me, is the ending of life is strange 2. Not the specifics of what came after.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
For me, the prison ending doesn't work simply because they end up different people and still go their separate ways. (If they drove off in the same car, I think my feeling toward it would be completely different.) The other non-crazy ending may be the more selfish one, but it's better that two people have lives than one gives his up entirely and doesn't even come out the other side with anything left to stand on, even if that's just the way life really works.
Sean goes on a journey, but this time on his own terms, like Brody, is what the developers said. It's not that they are seperating for good and will never see each other again. In the prison ending they still have a relationship with each other, even though Sean is in prison, as seen for the fact that Sean drawn Daniel a comic of him saving the bus and the drawings of Daniel, Grandma, and Karen. The parting way ending has the relationship pretty much severed. There are some details showing that in the treehouse drawing in the prison ending is a wolf while in the parting ways one is a bear, plus Daniel saving the bus is just a newspaper article instead of Sean's drawing. Sean is pretty much stuck in Mexico for the rest of his life. We don't know what kind of life he is living, and one photo of him smiling isn't proof that he is living a happy life.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
For me personally, I don't really care which is the "true ending" or what have you - yes I have my own thoughts about which ending I'd like to think of when I think of these characters.
But for me, the ending is the message behind all of the endings put together.
The two brothers, from the beginning, have been doomed. There was never a good solution to their problems, and by the end the entire world is convinced that they're criminals rather than victims of bad luck, a whole lot of racism, and a bunch of assholes in general.
Society doesn't have a perfect solution. Either they turn themselves in for crimes they never wanted to commit, or they embrace the criminality that the world is so convinced they have and achieve happiness that way. This, to me, is the ending of life is strange 2. Not the specifics of what came after.

Well...yeah.
Confirmed by the co game director:

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
I finished episode 1 recently and just went to play episode 2 and it told me I should play Captain Spirit first so I just started it. Wow is it really cool and tinged with a VERY melancholy vibe along with the whole childhood make believe stuff.

Anyways I loved episode 1 and can't wait to play more!

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home

the Parting Ways ending is still a bittersweet ending.Daniel has a tracker,so he can't see his brother again,and Sean will probably have to be very careful,even in Mexico.
All of the endings have pros and cons.
I know that but in both the case of LiS1 and 2, they put the most resources into the ending they thought most people would pick/get. (Admittedly in 2's case it is really more conjecture on my part.)
Yeah, I noticed the ankle monitor on Daniel in the Parting Ways ending. (Though it could be some kind of device that limits his powers.) There's no guarantee things are going perfectly for Sean in Mexico, but you know he's not alone (if you romanced Cassidy or Finn) and he's managed to survive for 6 years. It didn't feel that bittersweet to me or at least nowhere near as much as the other endings.

Last edited:

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
I know that but in both the case of LiS1 and 2, they put the most resources into the ending they thought most people would pick/get. (Admittedly in 2's case it is really more conjecture on my part.)
Yeah, I noticed the ankle monitor on Daniel in the Parting Ways ending. (Though it could be some kind of device that limits his powers.) There's no guarantee things are going perfectly for Sean in Mexico, but you know he's not alone (if you romanced Cassidy or Finn) and he's managed to survive for 6 years. It didn't feel that bittersweet to me or at least nowhere near as much as the other two endings.
They said that the ankle bracelet is there to make sure he doesn't try to run to Sean.

Jyrii

Oct 27, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Just finished EP5.

- EP1 was the strongest. You start by thinking it will be somewhat similar setup to LiS1, but then they go to a different route together.
- EP2 you start to realize that this is going to be a road movie (game?). This means that basically only Daniel and Sean carry over from episode to episode. Also the getaway seems to be a pipe dream right from the start. You know this is not going to end up great, but you still want to see how it ends. Ties with Captain Spirit.
- EP3. More overlap than between ep1 and 2 since Finn and Cassidy carry over.
-EP4. I felt this was the most isolated and worst episode. Mainly seems to be used to introduce Karen.
-EP5. Least gameplay of all. Ties things together regardless of choice made. I didn't realize Davis was the same guy as in LiS1 until I saw picture of Chloe. The spanish speaking part with Diago and Carla was good.

Overall a decent game. It being a road movie (game?) worked in some areas and not in others. There was variety, but also made the story more broken.

I am excited about Tell me why

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Played through all episodes in one sitting last night/this morning. I'm surprised how much I ended up loving Life is Strange 2 considering I felt pretty mixed on the first game. To be fair to the first game though, I did stop playing part way through ep. 4 & need to go back & finish it.
Agreed. Personally, after everything Sean through him just giving up doesn't seem right to me. But at the same time, I'm glad Daniel can have a somewhat normal life.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Finished episodes 1-4 in a span of two days. Really enjoying it and appreciate the fact that the developers chose to tell a new, fresh story instead of treading old ground.

However, I have one big issue with the new season and that's that Daniel and Sean's relationship feels like it's stagnated for much of the runtime. I've been nothing but nice to the kid and choosing decisions in favor of him (spend time with him over other people and letting him use his powers in certain circumstances). However, my treatment of Daniel is ultimately useless in the grand overarching story because the narrative has to go a certain direction. Not only do my actions feel meaningless but also the story just keeps spinning its wheels. The same conflict is done over and over again with Daniel messing things up more comically each time.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Finished episodes 1-4 in a span of two days. Really enjoying it and appreciate the fact that the developers chose to tell a new, fresh story instead of treading old ground.

However, I have one big issue with the new season and that's that Daniel and Sean's relationship feels like it's stagnated for much of the runtime. I've been nothing but nice to the kid and choosing decisions in favor of him (spend time with him over other people and letting him use his powers in certain circumstances). However, my treatment of Daniel is ultimately useless in the grand overarching story because the narrative has to go a certain direction. Not only do my actions feel meaningless but also the story just keeps spinning its wheels. The same conflict is done over and over again with Daniel messing things up more comically each time.

actually there are a lot of difference in the dialogues and in some scenes,if you have a "cool" Daniel or not.
And you did not have played episode 5 yet ;)

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
sorry if this has been discussed prior but i just got this weird as fuck email:

Hey showmeyourskeleton,

Sorry to drop all this on you – a friend gave me your email and said you might be able to help me out.

So, hey. My name is Sean. I'm 16, and… my dad was killed recently, in a horrible accident. That's still hard to say out loud, never mind write down in an email to someone I don't know. Now I'm on the run with my little brother, Daniel. And there's something weird happening with him.

He has some sort of... telekinetic power. He can move stuff with his mind. And when he's pissed… he can flip cars, turn motel rooms upside down… I don't know if there's a limit to what he can do.

Sometimes that scares me.

But what really scares me is that, if we get caught, we'll get separated. I just can't risk that happening – he's only 9. I'm the only real family he has left.

My dad had a house and some land down in Mexico, so we're making our way south, hoping for a fresh start.

Daniel's a great kid, but the journey is already taking a toll. I'm doing my best to teach him right from wrong, but honestly, I'm already out of my depth.

I really need some help… some direction... someone to guide us through this mess.

I think… No, I know that that's you.
If you agree, you should come meet us on the road, in Life Is Strange 2.
Thanks for reading... And we'll be waiting for you.

Sean Diaz

and it's 'from' sean diaz

man, feels really icky.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I bought the first episode and played it when it first came out, but didn't feel compelled to buy the episodes as the came out, but rather wait until they were all on Game Pass. So I started back at the beginning and played each episode for the last 5 nights. It's funny because I thought the first 2 episodes were OK, but the last 3 episodes took me all over places I'd never thought it'd go and ended soooo..... realistically somber yet touching at the same time. It was a very memorable experience.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
I just finished it.

It's a masterpiece.

I can't help but disagree. LiS:BtS was a masterpiece, especially with that haunting feeling about knowing what is going to happen and not being able to change a damn thing. Even the soundtrack was amazing. LiS2 disappointed in many ways (mostly what was already echoed here). Overall it isn't a bad game, though.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can't help but disagree. LiS:BtS was a masterpiece, especially with that haunting feeling about knowing what is going to happen and not being able to change a damn thing. Even the soundtrack was amazing. LiS2 disappointed in many ways (mostly what was already echoed here). Overall it isn't a bad game, though.
LiS 2 is way more ambitious than LiS and LiS:BTS.[/QUOTE]

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
LOL I wouldn't say that. They're very different from each other, so I can see why if somebody wanted something similar to the first one might not like this one.

Out of all my disappointments with LiS2, wanting it to be like the first two is literally not even on the list. It going in its direction and being so different is exactly one of the positives it has for me.

KillingJoke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was cool. I haven't played LIS since it came out so i don't really remember it to compare. All i know is the game play seemed rather lacking. Just a fuck ton of walk here and talk. It only got mildly interesting once you started using Daniels powers like the
heist and prison breakout but even then it seems a little weak since it wasn't you controlling.

The story was good though. Enjoyed it quite a bit overall. I'm just happy as fuck i didn't get certain endings.
Chris lived. When i saw the choice where he could have gotten hit by the car, i said wtf. And i got the "bad" ending where they both live in Mexico. To me this was the perfect ending. You literally spend the entire game to get to this point and i made it. Picking surrender just makes no sense to me. The separate paths ending is probably my least favorite, sure everyone lives after all the shit and to just separate at the last minute didn't sit right with me.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was cool. I haven't played LIS since it came out so i don't really remember it to compare. All i know is the game play seemed rather lacking. Just a fuck ton of walk here and talk. It only got mildly interesting once you started using Daniels powers like the
heist and prison breakout but even then it seems a little weak since it wasn't you controlling.

The story was good though. Enjoyed it quite a bit overall. I'm just happy as fuck i didn't get certain endings.
Chris lived. When i saw the choice where he could have gotten hit by the car, i said wtf. And i got the "bad" ending where they both live in Mexico. To me this was the perfect ending. You literally spend the entire game to get to this point and i made it. Picking surrender just makes no sense to me. The separate paths ending is probably my least favorite, sure everyone lives after all the shit and to just separate at the last minute didn't sit right with me.
Yeah, it's a click and point adventure where clicks have more to do with introspection, character development, relationships, and furthering the plot rather than solving puzzles. LOL The first Life is Strange had a bigger advantage because it's mechanic of rewinding time to make decisions gave more impact to everything else.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Nice interview here (spoilers OBVIOUSLY)

with some post mortem analyses from the creators:

After all of the pressure, all of the expectations, the worry over if fans would accept Sean and Daniel, the rocky release schedule, and everything else—how did he, and the team, think Life is Strange 2 turned out in the end?

"That's a really good question, one that I'm not sure I've thought about," Koch said with a chuckle. Letting his guard down a little, he admitted that the game may have been too ambitious at times, both in its length and in the events that happened with the brothers. Unlike the original's consistent two months between chapters, Life is Strange 2's episodes took far longer to arrive, and when they did, the wait between them wasn't always even. Koch explained that the game's content simply took far longer to create than the team had originally expected, and that the side effect of an extended schedule was that players had a harder time staying invested in the characters and their stories. He also talked about how he wished there had been more time to develop some of the secondary elements, such as Lisbeth and her cult, who ended up feeling a bit too one-dimensional without a deeper look into how she truly cared about the people in her community.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Just finished episode 5....i am satisfied with this ending.

the brothers end up in Mexico in their own shop, they fend of some punks, and then sit and look at the ocean. Can't hate on this.

Do we ever find out how Daniel
actually got those powers?