• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Someone proxy me these https://www.instagram.com/p/B3ce9Djnnpz/

Just that if you know a product has a drying ingredient in it and you can get a product that doesn't have such ingredients then you should always got with the later.
But why? Again it depends on the person. If you're someone who has a negative reaction to it then yes. If the impact from that particular product is irrelevant than 🤷‍♂️

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone proxy me these https://www.instagram.com/p/B3ce9Djnnpz/

But why? Again it depends on the person. If you're someone who has a negative reaction to it then yes. If the impact from that particular product is irrelevant than 🤷‍♂️
I'm someone with eczema and oily combination skin. I don't need that lol

but I guess for everyone who isn't me my thing is why wouldn't you cop an objectively better product with in the designated price range and settle for something that uses an ingredient that isn't good for skin?

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I'm someone with eczema and oily combination skin. I don't need that lol

but I guess for everyone who isn't me my thing is why wouldn't you cop an objectively better product with in the designated price range and settle for something that uses an ingredient that isn't good for skin?
Hmm variety of factors I guess. Like the last thing with denat. alcohol in it I bought was this because I was looking in a store for a random daily facial mist. Alternatives were some mario badescu ones which I didn't want since the ingredients seemed like they wouldn't do much, and a glow recipe one which had no alcohol but was more than I wanted to spend, so I got that!

You're right in that if two products are the exact same and one didn't have the ingredient I'd go for that but it doesn't appear to have much affect on my skin in moderation so I'm ok with using it.

zoozilla

Avenger
Jun 9, 2018
Japan
After not caring about my skin for the better part of my adult life, I've decided I should at least do something.

So I aimed to get the basics, and this is what I have:

Hada Labo gokujyun foaming face wash
Hada Labo gokujyun clear lotion
Hada Labo gokujyun milk
And for sunscreen I have the biore aqua rich one

Anything super essential that I'm missing?

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
A friend recommended I use cheap glycerin rose water, and it's actually been working great with my dry skin and mild acne.

I've also been using the nuclear option of benzoyl peroxide for some areas, so the glycerin has been softening the side effects.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Wow this thread. I have not been doing any of this and I'm in mid 30's.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Skin experts, I need a recommendation for my mom. She had severe rash of eczema on her face which left really bad dark spots. This happened over a few weeks. We got the eczema to stop, but the dark spots are still left behind. Is there a cream or paste she can apply to remove those dark spots? Any recommendation with tested results?

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Long time listener, first time caller...

Is there a way to stop facial creams from "pilling"? Why do they do that?? I throw out so much because what's the point of putting it on when it rubs right off again?

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone heard of Goa Skincare?

Their stuff is expensive but it's the only stuff that makes me not break out. And people have complimented my skin lately which is weird.

I was just wondering if anyone else had experience with their products.

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
Hi all...I would say that I have reasonably healthy skin - not too dry, not oily, etc - but heading into my late thirties my skin is getting a little more wrinkled than I would like (crows feet, especially). Any recommendations?

Currently, I use dove soap and a wash cloth on my face and some 60 spf baby sunblock when I am going to be spending a day in the sun, but to be honest the sunblock is more of a reactionary deal as I never used to

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Are you layering it over something?

I do toner>moisturizer>primer. But I've been told to add sunscreen because I want to do chemical exfoliant...

So today it was toner>sunscreen>moisturizer>primer, and the sunscreen was just rubbing off and pilling. Useless. 😩

Now I've gone and bought a primer with SPF in it, and hope it doesn't freak out my skin lol.

meow

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I do toner>moisturizer>primer. But I've been told to add sunscreen because I want to do chemical exfoliant...

So today it was toner>sunscreen>moisturizer>primer, and the sunscreen was just rubbing off and pilling. Useless. 😩

Now I've gone and bought a primer with SPF in it, and hope it doesn't freak out my skin lol.
Certain ingredients are more prone to pilling than others, so you could check for those. My sunscreen also tends to be heavier, so I always apply my moisturizer before my sunscreen. Try switching the order, taking more time in between steps (so it can absorb more), or patting instead of rubbing. I'm reluctant to use a product like a primer with SPF because I feel like you wouldn't be applying, or want to apply, the same amount of primer that you would normally for sunscreen.

Leeness

Oct 27, 2017
Certain ingredients are more prone to pilling than others, so you could check for those. My sunscreen also tends to be heavier, so I always apply my moisturizer before my sunscreen. Try switching the order, taking more time in between steps (so it can absorb more), or patting instead of rubbing. I'm reluctant to use a product like a primer with SPF because I feel like you wouldn't be applying, or want to apply, the same amount of primer that you would normally for sunscreen.

Hmmm okay. I'll give that a try tomorrow, swapping moisturizer and sunscreen, and giving it a bit more time and patting haha.

What ingredients are more prone to pilling? I seem to run into it a bunch and I hate it lol.

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
Hi all...I would say that I have reasonably healthy skin - not too dry, not oily, etc - but heading into my late thirties my skin is getting a little more wrinkled than I would like (crows feet, especially). Any recommendations?

Currently, I use dove soap and a wash cloth on my face and some 60 spf baby sunblock when I am going to be spending a day in the sun, but to be honest the sunblock is more of a reactionary deal as I never used to
Using dove soap on your face is just stripping all the good stuff right off. You want to use a more gentle cleanser and a moisturizer. Something like CeraVe foaming facial cleanser and even their daily moisturizer would be much better.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I started using Differin a few weeks ago and am just starting to note an every so slight change in my skin's suppleness. Does anyone have experience using a retinoid and glycolic acid simultaneously or alternating within the same regimen?

Deleted member 6230

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I started using Differin a few weeks ago and am just starting to note an every so slight change in my skin's suppleness. Does anyone have experience using a retinoid and glycolic acid simultaneously or alternating within the same regimen?
I don't have any experience using retinol and exfoliating acids together but skincare blogger and chemist lab muffin blogged about it.

hopefully some insight can be gained

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Don't really have an Acne problem, I get a rare one here and there maybe once a month or two.

However, I have large pours on my nose, and I always have an oily face. Starting to show some wrinkles/lines around my eyes as I hit 37 here.

Never had any routine (I'm a guy) other than anti-bacterial soap and rinsing my face twice a day. Not a fan of my face starting to show my age.

Any "best combo" for me, or should I try the basic stuff in the OP first?

Edit* My one concern is that if I start using lotions on my face I will start breaking out (acne), however, that may be a fear I have for no reason?

mugwhump

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, so I bought some Banila Co Clean It Zero, Corsx Low Ph Good Morning Cleanser, and The Ordinary Buffet. In what order exactly should I be doing things?

My normal nightly routine is to wash my face with unscented soap and a wash cloth, then put on 5% benzoyle peroxide for my light acne. Morning routine, just wash my face with generic bar soap rubbed on my hands in the shower. Where chronologically do the new products fit in?

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Ok, so I bought some Banila Co Clean It Zero, Corsx Low Ph Good Morning Cleanser, and The Ordinary Buffet. In what order exactly should I be doing things?

My normal nightly routine is to wash my face with unscented soap and a wash cloth, then put on 5% benzoyle peroxide for my light acne. Morning routine, just wash my face with generic bar soap rubbed on my hands in the shower. Where chronologically do the new products fit in?
I'd do
Morning: Cosrx Instead of soap, then Buffet
Evening: Banilla>Cosrx>Buffet>BP

signal

Oct 28, 2017
bought these memes this week

SVJLWwo.jpg

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal

I use Retin-A 2x-3x a week. It's only been like...three months, though. I'm about to add in a BHA/AHA once a week on top of it.

I did this before but my skin was DRY af. Just know that the effects of differin/retinols don't appear right away and it might take a few months before all the effects come out. So, take it slow, moisturize, and consider very slowly adding the acid. Don't do it in the same night - I like to give my skin a break of at least a day or two between application.

keku

Apr 23, 2019
What's the thoughts on these products I purchased? So far, right after using them my skin feels silky smooth, have not had them for a while to notice a meaningful change, but then again my skin isn't terrible at the moment. I want to mainly maintain it (improve if I can) to curve the aging (33 y/o here)

Daily wash, with exfoliating 3 times a week and 2 times a day using the facial Serum. Anything I should add?

WolfForager

Oct 27, 2017
Have been using Jack Black Double Duty Moisturiser in the mornings and Jack Black Line Smoothner before bed now for the last 3 weeks or so. Have noticed a big difference in the quality of my skin and I'm only getting 20% of the spots I used to get. That's coming from pretty much no skin care in the past.

They being said if you have dry skin like me stay the hell away from their daily face cleanser, had to use E45 on my face for a week after that stuff.

clearacell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've found that I'm not a lotions guy, but I am absolutely a body oil person. Using coconut oil for my body and a burts bees facial mist thing for my face and neck.

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
I've been reading this thread to find some good recommendations. Some very useful posts in here.

Leona Lewis and tabris could we get an update on your 2020 routines? Are you still using the same stuff?

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
Went to Aesop last month and picked up their Fabulous Face Oil for my beard. Itching is gone and it feels sooo much softer.

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
UNGH I AM SO DAMN PUUUUMPED! Read the OP, got myself an exfoliater, cleanser and moisturizer. Been fighting the fight against acne for years, figured switching to somethubg new would be better instead of the same old acne wash and mask. Woo!!!

Next have to work on shaving stuff, maybe stop using disposables and a different cream?

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
I've been reading this thread to find some good recommendations. Some very useful posts in here.

Leona Lewis and tabris could we get an update on your 2020 routines? Are you still using the same stuff?

Sorry for the late reply!

Here is my 2020 routine:

Cleansers
- Corsx Low Ph Good Morning Cleanser
- Kose Softymo Cleansing Oil

Toners
- Son & Park Beauty Water
- Corsx AHA/BHA Clarifying Toner

Exfoliants
- Corsx AHA Whitehead Power Liquid
- Corsx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid
- Neogen Wine Biopeel Gauze Peeling

Essense/Ampoules/Serums
- Missha Time Revolution First Treatment Essence
- Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Ampoule

Creams
- Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream
- Missha Time Revolution Whitening Cream
- Missha Time Revolution Immortal Youth Eye Cream

Moisturizer
- Corsx AC Collection Lightweight Soothing Moisturizer

Masks
- Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Clay Mask
- Missha Sheet Masks (Green Tea, Aloe, etc)
- My Beauty Diary Black Peark Brightening Mask
- Skinfood Snail Mask

mikeamizzle

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. Hey Tabris, do you want to give a run down of what that costs you monthly? I'd imagine not lol but geniunely curious.

madgorillaz

Oct 28, 2017
OP, thank you for making this thread. After ignoring my skin problems most of my life, I recently decided I want to do something to make it better. Seeing this thread for the first time was the extra bit of motivation I needed.

I break out often enough for it to bother me--I think it's at least twice a month. Furthermore, I have an oily face (especially nose area), and have some scarring from old acne that I irresponsibly managed (this is probably what I hate most).

As someone who doesn't really know what they're getting into -- would going with OP's recommendation (cleanser+exfoliant+moisturizer) be a reasonable approach in addressing my issues?

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. Hey Tabris, do you want to give a run down of what that costs you monthly? I'd imagine not lol but geniunely curious.

it doesn't cost that much. The best thing about Korean products is the price is low. Most of that averages $20-30 each and lasts 3 months. A lot of it is used every 3 days or only PM routine for example.

I probably spend no more than $500~ on skin care every year.

think about it this way - that's the cost of like 3-4 good facials.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. So I have combination skin. I'm lucky to not really deal with pimples, even during my adolescence. Unless I consume way too much sugar, then I get a pimple or two. But most of my skin is not oily, apart from my T zone. I can get blackheads on my nose too. But the cleanser and exfoliators for even gentle skin can dry out the 'normal' parts of my skin, like my cheeks. Is there something much gentler that I can be using for these areas?

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Sorry for the late reply!

Here is my 2020 routine:

Cleansers
- Corsx Low Ph Good Morning Cleanser
- Kose Softymo Cleansing Oil

Toners
- Son & Park Beauty Water
- Corsx AHA/BHA Clarifying Toner

Exfoliants
- Corsx AHA Whitehead Power Liquid
- Corsx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid
- Neogen Wine Biopeel Gauze Peeling

Essense/Ampoules/Serums
- Missha Time Revolution First Treatment Essence
- Missha Time Revolution Night Repair Ampoule

Creams
- Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Cream
- Missha Time Revolution Whitening Cream
- Missha Time Revolution Immortal Youth Eye Cream

Moisturizer
- Corsx AC Collection Lightweight Soothing Moisturizer

Masks
- Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Clay Mask
- Missha Sheet Masks (Green Tea, Aloe, etc)
- My Beauty Diary Black Peark Brightening Mask
- Skinfood Snail Mask

No retinol?