• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who wins control of the White House and Senate?

• Biden wins the White House, and Democrats win the Senate

Votes: 387 76.2%
  • Biden wins the White House, but Republicans keep the Senate

Votes: 85 16.7%
  • Trump wins the White House and Republicans keep the Senate

Votes: 29 5.7%
  • Trump wins the White House , but Democrats win the Senate

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Only four options here. No hedging, no maybes, just cast your vote.

I believe Biden wins the White House and we win the Senate with 50 votes plus Harris. But maybe more. And I believe the Biden margin of victory will be bigger than you expect. That includes states people don't expect him to win like Ohio and maybe Iowa. So that's my vote.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
More and more, I think that Biden is going to cruise comfortable and Democrats take the senate.

It's hard to estimate election fuckery by Trump, but increasingly, he seems to be losing his grasp.

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
Democrats win both White House and Senate, but Trump questions the legitimacy of the election, so both parties are stuck in limbo for months because the Republicans refuse to concede. People die in the process.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
World domination is coming for democrats and they'll do almost nothing with it but take us back to where we were with Obama, which is a huge improvement but disappointing in a world where large strides are needed.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
My guess: Dems win the WH by a healthy amount. And if Biden performs as well as polls say he will, then the downballot effect will get Dems 51 seats in the senate.

DeltaRed

Apr 27, 2018
After Brexit, Trump, and the Tory landslide in the last UK election I will not predict anything other than another Trump win. The people that voted for him 4 years ago will not give a shit about anything that has happened and still vote for him.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Bar ballot tampering and all that shit, I genuinely do think Biden wins and Dems take Senate majority.

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
Same shit as 2016 except with more open election tampering. I won't get my hopes up about the Dems winning until the results are actually in.

Mar 10, 2018
Yup likely to be a blue wave. The fascists will go into hiding and pretend they were with Biden all along if Trump loses.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Odds are pretty stacked Biden wins, the Senate is very close as well with a slight advantage, but I think it all largely depends on just how well Biden does. If he has a narrow victory then I don't see the Senate flipping. But if he comes away with a sizable victory that'll carry on through down ballot.

With everything going on and how abysmal Trump and GOP have been, even just in this last week, you would expect a massive blue wave down the line. But Congressional races are hard. Even if people think the entire House/Senate is total shit and scum of the earth that often doesn't translate to their specific Rep/Senator and incumbents still have massive advantages. And there's little room for error like what just happened in NC with Cal Cunningham stupidity. But he had a pretty sizable lead that hopefully hasn't disappeared overnight.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
What I want, all in on Dems and Trump salted the earth were Super majority is possible in 2022.

What I think is realistic, Biden wins, but GOP does enough voting bullshit to salt the earth and prevent Senate from flipping

Feb 1, 2018
This is starting to feel like a Dem landslide given the covid drama messing with Trump's campaign and the massive number of people voting by mail so far

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
I will assume the worst until I see something else happen. I don't want to get complacent or get any false hope.

So I'm assuming that we'll be stuck with terrible people running the country for 4 more years, and I'll be very, very glad if I'm wrong.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
If Texas is called for Biden on election night, which is becoming more and more possible, Trump has no path to victory. Trump is relying on being able to throw out mail in ballots by having the courts he packed end counting (which should not even be a possibility). I can't imagine the Republicans maintaining a majority in the Senate.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
There is still a month left.

I am sure something bad will come out in the next two weeks that will cause Americans to wring their hands.

Hard to trust the people in this country to do anything right based on what has transpired in the last 4 years.

No idea who will win but I think it will be close in the swing states as usual, particularly Ohio and Florida. I think its a tossup. Hopefully PA at least goes to Biden early.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
All signs point to a Biden win and at least a tied senate and possibly dems winning majority. I'm going with that based on everything I'm seeing In aggregate.

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
images

Democrats win both White House and Senate, but Trump questions the legitimacy of the election, so both parties are stuck in limbo for months because the Republicans refuse to concede. People die in the process.
nobody has to concede. Trump could not concede until 2025 and Biden would still be starting his second term with no issue

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Assuming there's no blatant election fraud, the only question on my mind is how big the Senate leads ends up for the Democrats. Like, 50/50 is the floor, ceiling is as high as 53-54.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Everyone is talking about Biden beating Trump, but it's so very important to vote out the GOP Senators and Representatives that enabled him this entire time, as well as every local official.

This needs to be a total purge, so vote with enthusiasm.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I don't see any path for Trump winning at this point. I think this is the absolute worst-case scenario right now (and even then, I think at the very least Arizona is a looking to be safe):

image.png

I'm also expecting the dems to take the senate and overall hopefully continue to ride that blue wave they started in 2018.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
I'd encourage everyone here to keep speaking to friends and family about the importance of voting, and continue to donate to edge-case races if you can afford to do so. I'm very optimistic, but I won't feel good about this until it's done-done.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I'm voting for what I want to happen because it needs to happen and I'm tired of being pessimistic (even if pessimism is warranted).

CerealKi11a

Chicken Chaser
May 3, 2018
If I had to bet it would be Biden W, red Senate. There's still too many red states for it to be an easy task to take the senate.

ZW33

Oct 25, 2017
projects.fivethirtyeight.com

2020 Election Forecast

Latest forecast of the 2020 presidential election between President Donald Trump and Joe Biden by Nate Silver’s FiveThirtyEight

Odds are now Biden 82% to Trump 17%. Trump seems to be loosing a point a day lately (before anyone says it, these predictions are based on the electoral vote count, NOT polls).

It's starting to look like Biden will be end up with around 330 electoral votes on the LOW END. Possibly closer to 400.

It's also looking more and more likely that the Democrats will take the Senate as well.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
There's really no question that, if all votes are counted, Biden wins the popular vote and the Electoral College overwhelmingly. And Dems take the Senate, probably.

The only question is, how many votes can the Republicans successfully get thrown out? It's looking increasingly likely that they can't do enough harm to pull off a Trump win. But maybe they can still pull out a false win or two to retain the Senate. I'm betting against it.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hot take:

Blue sweep with a decisive Biden victory, Trump and Senate GOP create a massive fuss that fuels short term violence a-la Charlottesville 2017 across several major cities - particularly in flipped swing states. The following two years of total Democratic rule are slowed thanks to COVID, slow vaccine trials and acceptance and also a myriad of GOP attacks and investigations into the "stolen" election that keep low education white Americans riled up. GOP retakes Senate in midterms and stalls voting rights legislation, tax code adjustments and Medicare overhaul in the final half of Biden's presidency. This period will eventually be viewed as a lame duck in terms of progressive legislation but a major turning point against COVID.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Dem trifecta is the most likely outcome at this point. Certainly not guaranteed, but the more likely than not. The big thing is really getting the Senate margin as wide as possible. 50 vs 52 vs 55 vs absolute landslide 58 all probably get you extremely different policy outcomes.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I'm thinking that Biden will win pretty easily, but the Senate will end up 50/50 with a Harris tiebreaker, or possibly 51/49 D.

Gigglepoo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the Democrats do control the House, Senate, and President, they sure as hell better do something with it. No more weak-ass compromises trying to appeal to conservatives or the center left. The Republicans never go halfway and we shouldn't either.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
Biden with the easy win.

Dems win the senate barely 50-50 or 51-49.

Nothing major gets passes (Stack courts, filibuster) because 1 or more moderate/conservative dems won't go for it.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
VOTE.

But I think we got it. If we're just talking about the eleciton..now could their be all sorts of fuckery coming from the WH? But if your just looking at the ballots. I think we got it. I'm feeling particularlly bullish about Biden and the Senate. Pennsylvania looked like a toss up weeks ago..now its bordering in the 'safe D' terrirtory.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Not trying to be passive aggressive, but the poll is more positive than I was expecting. I hope you guys are right.

Thisisme

Apr 14, 2018
We really need to take the senate with a greater than 50-50 or 51-49 majority. In that scenario, we are relying on conservative Dems like Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema to change things. Getting that majority seems unlikely though.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
What I mean is, I often see "I bet Trump will win, it's 2020" posts, 2020 memes are tiring.
oh okay. yeah, i hear you 100%

and i'm bullish on dems doing better than expected in the senate too. they'll flip some unexpected seats thanks to trump dragging incumbents down with him. maybe that's wishful thinking, but I think someone like Lady G could be gone if turnout is as high as expected.