• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of friends but this super neat

Jun 20, 2019
I think it's remarkable how well they captured the look of the friends in minifig form. Rachel and Chandler in particular!

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif
Thank you. I couldn't get that from the figure at all lol. Although I should have guessed as much

Oct 25, 2017
50% mark up for Canada is a bit rough, our exchange isn't THAT bad.

Still, my wife is super excited about it. Guess I know what to get her for Xmas.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Only $60? Part of my wife's Christmas gift is already figured out. Cook.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
It's a cool set, but UK Lego prices are ridiculous. We're paying $80 for a set that costs US residents $60.

Don't forget tax. It's still pricier than a straight conversion (think it ought to be $70 with a straight exchange rate?), but it's not quite as egregious as it seems at the outset.

Oct 31, 2017
Not my thing, but cool for what it is. I like that it's actually a set, with filming lights

Actually, Lego needs to make a Colbert Report set, with weeping American eagle included

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
No ross is thhe sandwich guy.
giphy.webp

Nope.

Ross has The Moist Maker, but that's it. Joey goes to insane lengths for sandwiches throughout the show. When his sister is going to reveal she's pregnant and she knows he'll be angry, she gives him a sandwich. He likes pizza, but sandwiches are his favorite food.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Nope.

Ross has The Moist Maker, but that's it. Joey goes to insane lengths for sandwiches throughout the show. When his sister is going to reveal she's pregnant and she knows he'll be angry, she gives him a sandwich. He likes pizza, but sandwiches are his favorite food.

Yea that's true. Plus his meatball sandwich he almost got shot over.

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I'm cutting down on Lego sets. Managed to stop myself getting the Flintstones one, Steamboat Mickey and that awesome Jurassic Park gate.

But this? I'm buying this.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Nope.

Yes that is true. But Lego sandwiches are brick buikt (as opposite to printed tiles like the pizza slice, a printed sandwich would not look good anyway). There were several different brick built sandwiches for Shaggy in the Scooby-Doo sets, in example. But they are oversized and would not look good either on a set like Friends. So the pizza slice is a compromise I accept.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Not my thing, but cool for what it is. I like that it's actually a set, with filming lights

Actually, Lego needs to make a Colbert Report set, with weeping American eagle included

They probably wouldn't touch it because alcohol, but the suggestion of Cheers earlier in the thread is inspired.

This was a LEGO Ideas set, it was created by a fan and won a contest to essentially be put in front of a panel of judges who see if it's actually viable to sell / possible to license, then it's tweaked and turned into a finalized set. So if it's your dream to see a set like that, you should submit it!

I'm not sure what the LEGO rules are around alcohol, I believe it's mostly literal war themes that are risque. I think a set like Cheers could theoretically pass (although I'm unsure if there's enough support out there) in the same way Star Wars or Overwatch get a pass, they're about a thing but not really about a thing.

Anyway, I hate Friends and I have to admit I'm little bummed this really took up an IDEAS slot but I'm trying to be happy for those who are happy, : ) .

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure what the LEGO rules are around alcohol, I believe it's mostly literal war themes that are risque. I think a set like Cheers could theoretically pass (although I'm unsure if there's enough support out there) in the same way Star Wars or Overwatch get a pass, they're about a thing but not really about a thing.

Well, the Detective's Office modular contains a very clearly inspired prohibition-style bootlegging operation... but the official storyline is 'illicit cookie smuggling', so people generally consider that an implication that alcohol is probably just a little step too far for their image.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
20 years ago me would probably go crazy over this. Not anymore. They picked the wrong Rachael hair too.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow a good deal for a lego set, havent seen that since Saturn V and some of the Ninjago Movie stuff

Plum

May 31, 2018
Damn, even with the Brexit-tier UK price that's still really good for the price. They're clearly going for adult fans of the show who aren't already fans of Lego.

Set looks great as well, will definitely be getting it.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
That's a fantastic looking set. Hopefully that Seinfeld one gets the green light because I would love to have these two together.

20 years ago me would probably go crazy over this. Not anymore. They picked the wrong Rachael hair too.

The Rachel cut has got to be one of the biggest styles ever.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Do they have to pay the actors for the "likenesses" or is it like Funko where it's simplistic enough that they don't have to?

Aygomyownroad

Oct 27, 2017
Is that meant to be the awesomely powerful laptop chandler has? Used for "games and stuff", looks like the suitcase but I really hope it's the laptop.

A nice set. Again may get it for Xmas for my partner.... And she won't build it like the easter bunny set from 6 years ago!!!

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
Is that meant to be the awesomely powerful laptop chandler has? Used for "games and stuff", looks like the suitcase but I really hope it's the laptop.

A nice set. Again may get it for Xmas for my partner.... And she won't build it like the easter bunny set from 6 years ago!!!

It is the laptop

"
  • The minifigures each have their own items inspired by the TV series, including Ross's brick-built keyboard and the following accessory elements: Rachel's tray and coffee cup, Monica's muffin, Joey's pizza box, pizza slice and 'man bag', Chandler's laptop, Phoebe's guitar and Gunther's broom."

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
That's a fantastic looking set. Hopefully that Seinfeld one gets the green light because I would love to have these two together.

The Rachel cut has got to be one of the biggest styles ever.
They went with later season's this:
friends-rachel.jpg

Instead of the more iconic early seasons:

rachel-green-social-050318-1024x538.png

Oct 26, 2017
Can't believe Gunther made it in.

Fun fact, the actor got that gig as he was the only extra on set that knew how to use an espresso machine and he's pretty much lived off the royalties ever since.