• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hwarang

Oct 27, 2017
1076205-956858_20091116_001.jpg

Yeah I know, in today's standards this seems lame but back then I was like 10 - 20 hours in AC II and I accidentally did one of these moves. It was fucking sick.Was literally a "holy fuck!" moment lol.

220px-Assassin%27s_Creed.jpg
I suppose playing the first AC when it came out was insane as well. I had never played a game like it. The counter system, parkour and assassinating people with fluidity was unique to me.

Playing through Modern Warfare and Modern Warfare 2 campaign mode for the first time during release.
AC130 killstreak in MW 2 multiplayer.

Last edited:

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
The Corpser in the first level of the original Gears of War.
The sea storm section in Uncharted 4.
Literally every skybox in Doom Eternal.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
It was bigger than just a quick thing, and there was a lot going on during the context of me playing the game at all, but I'll never, ever forget sailing into Howling Fjord for the first time. That entire expansion is some of my finest memories in gaming, but that was the start, and it was something else.

Phabh

Oct 28, 2017
The many sunrises and sunsets in Breath Of The Wild. The vistas, the sounds of nature, it's just magical.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
The end of doom eternal was like that for me holy heavens did it take memorizing each and every spawn of the crucible and timing things right the whole arena was jaw dropping

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
The entire Battle of Kaer Morhen in Witcher 3 and the duel on Bald Mountain that followed -- it was pretty much 2-3 hours of my jaw dropped open

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Breath of the Wild and God of War. More recently Ff7 has had a similar effect.

Fatmanp

Oct 27, 2017
  • The Last of Us (Joel's daughter)
  • Motor (the reveal at the end)
  • Halo CE (When you get out of the crashed pelican)
  • MW2 (No Russian)
  • Half Life 2 (Gravity Gun)

s y

Nov 8, 2017
getting trico to catapult me into the air in the last guardian and pretty much the entire game tbh. same For most of shadow of the colossus. Especially the big ones.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The first time you leave the Great Plateau in BOTW and see the huge world all around you waiting to be explored. I remember just standing and taking it all in.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Escaping a dusty, moldy catacomb and being greeted with this sight in Dark Souls 3:

latest

slorelli

Nov 1, 2017
Ohio
Mario 64 coming through pipe into courtyard.

OoT - Too many times.

Metroid Prime - Entire game.

FF7R - only a few hours in but several amazing moments.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
In my first few hours playing RDR2, that's all I did.
Riding through the map, every 10 min, I would just stop and stare, smiling like an idiot.
That game is like a painting in motion.

Also last of Us' Giraffe moment.

6qz7aeC.gif
This is a good one.

Arriving at Columbia for the first time in Bioshock Infinite.

3UvT.gif

Oh, and speaking of Bioshock Infinite, it gave me probably one my favorite covers of all time.
one of my favorite moments.

Schnarf

Nov 12, 2017
Tacoma, WA
The part in the new God of War...going to spoiler tag it just to be safe, as not knowing about it made it all the more powerful.

When Kratos begins his journey home, and unearths the Blades of Chaos. Many hours into the game, suddenly a new weapon and brand new skill tree are thrown into the mix. The build up to the sequence, visuals, narrative, music, it was all masterful. I literally paused the game after, and sat in amazement at what they had accomplished.

randomlee26

Oct 27, 2017
On a smaller but still-very impactful scale: I was playing Final Fantasy XIV last night trying to unlock Level 80 roulette. At the end of The Twinning quest, there's a heartbreaking reveal about the future. I was hardly paying attention until that moment and was legitimately sad.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Making the Cyclops in Subnautica.

First off, that thing was WAY bigger than I expected it to be.

Second, it was fucking awesome to walk inside it and check out all the cool stuff that it had. It was like getting a new car.

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine, when you first get into Toussaint and you see the landscape at your feet and the castle in the distance

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The build up and execution to this boss fight in God of War 3 was and still is incredible.

Cronos.gif

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
I remember not moving for like a solid minute because I thought I was in a cut-scene still. Then minutes later with the bathysphere ride and seeing Rapture....Bioshock is filled with these momenets.

maxresdefault.jpg

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Not like a huge action set piece, but This walk up moment was just so perfect. The mood, the music, the lighting from the moon. It was so surreal. Got chills.
ShadowyMintyDwarfmongoose-size_restricted.gif

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
God of War (2018) really shocked by with those bosses. I will not post spoilers, but just whewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Quite a few games have made me pause in awe.

More recently, FFVII Remake with the skyline in the slums and just playing Half Life Alyx for the first time with the Index.

I think games like Uncharted and God of War also astounded me with several scenes/vistas.

There are definitely more, but I can't think of them right now.

Oct 27, 2017
bioshock_01.jpg

latest

000b.png

First time seeing all three

Bioshock 1 - The beginning of the game.
Assassin's Creed Revelations - When Ezio 'meets' Altair
The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker - First time seeing Hyrule Castle underwater, frozen in time.

Last edited:

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phase three of the song Quickening in

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
First walking out onto Hyrule Field in Ocarina of Time.

First pulling out the Master Sword then getting a glimpse of Adult Link for the first time.

Diving off the bridge in Gerudo Valley.

Just OoT in general actually. What a good fucking game.

Oct 27, 2017
First came God of War, and already at the first boss, the Hydra, I had a 'holy fuck' moment.

Then came God of War 2, pissed in GoW's face and had the first level consist of Kratos fighting the Colossus of Rhodes. Even bigger 'holy fuck'.

Then came GoW 3, looked at its puny predecessors and farted in their general direction by having Kratos straight up kill a Titan.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
Through the series got ruined by the bad sequels, the first Walking Dead game moment with I forgot the character names so I can't describe the scene as well through.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
Beginning of Bioshock 1 when you're in the water.

I was waiting for the cinematic to end.