• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think those 5 skins from last-year made more money than the entire LoR so far. Perhaps even one Akali skin, the first Akali skin where she is dressed in fashionable "street" clothes with a neon dragon, made more money than LoR.

I don't think they are going to do the boyband, but the KDA-equivalent boyband, it would still give me the victory.
A boyband would be a totally new property, no way they do that without music.

If they do a band skin this year, it'll be Pentakill. I'm 100% on that. Tho since I think that the only champ associated with Pentakill who's actually in LoR is Viego, they'll probably just not do a band skin this year, which would be my win.

Oct 27, 2017
Pentakill skins/events would be your win.

So if you sure that it is either Pentakill or nothing, lets shake it baby. No problems if you don't want to, understandable that making internet bets on stupid things might not be a fun activity for all :)

Oct 27, 2017
Then it is done.

More hype for the LoL esports/LoR events now.

What will I buy for those 1000 coins... Do I want a board or a battle pass... Decisions, decisions.

Looked at boards in the shop. Bandlewood is alright, but they charge 1300 coins for it. Next best one is the pumpking haloween one.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Feelsbad when the schedule/events window is updated, but it only has expired events in it...

Not feeling like watching the EU Country-Chronicle thing.

Doing good this week. 7/7/X

Chip is easily the best pet, so much better top-decks when Chip is around.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Playing some pranks in expedition. Knew the opp's whole hand. They topdeck a Brightsteel on t9. And then a Yordles in Arms on t11. Oof.

Oct 27, 2017
5 wins on the last one ;(

Why is Freljord filled with so many dogshit cards??? So many bad buckets, couldn't replace useless trolls with something useful. It is a surprise I even got 5 wins...

Watching some of the tournament, Mogwai + Panda add a lot of value. Lots of close games, enough different stategies/champions to make it interesting. I just wish trolls, vampires, elites, landmarks etc. received some buffs.

No need for big nerfs, maybe small hits to Akshan landmarks, Alof, Mayor, Some discard cards.

Expeditions are trash and unbalanced, I know, but holy fuck can we get some updates?
• How about either champion-swaps are guaranteed or unavailable for all. Sometimes you could get all 4 Teemos, Viegos or Zeds into some OP deck. Sometimes you pick bad champs because of color combinations, and get no chance to replace it, enjoy your Sej-Lissandra-Braum deck!
• Don't offer more than 3 of the same card for the deck. Just... don't? No more than 3 Peddlers or Alof Travelers...
• Same goes for bad cards: if the bucket isn't picked multiple times, just stop offering it? Mkay? I didn't want this card the first 3 times you offered it to me, I ain't going to take it the next 3 times in the buckets, and then 3 times for the swaps... Fuck off, this isn't MTG junk draft last booster cards.

Last edited:

Boat Times

Made the Grade
Oct 25, 2017
Yoooo, did everyone here see the trailer for Arcane, the animated show? It looks INCREDIBLE! Stunning!

Also, I'm sure this makes me kinda dumb but I didn't realize that Vi and Jinx were sisters. I'm really excited to watch this, and see what characters from Runeterra I recognize, and if any will be added to Runeterra.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yoooo, did everyone here see the trailer for Arcane, the animated show? It looks INCREDIBLE! Stunning!

Also, I'm sure this makes me kinda dumb but I didn't realize that Vi and Jinx were sisters. I'm really excited to watch this, and see what characters from Runeterra I recognize, and if any will be added to Runeterra.

Hah, I was coming here to post this. Yeah, Jinx and Vi were actually only hinted at being sisters for years and years and they only "confirmed" it later.

Viktor's in it too! Pre-Glorious Evolution ofc.

God, it looks good.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017

Timestamp: 1h17s

Change the world patches (dubbed "variety patches" internally) will continue!!! Check out the whole panel's faces when Rubin says they will continue haha. They've set up the pipeline such that it can be possible for mid-release patches to be more like 2.11. No guarantee for the same scope (what was 2.11, like 60 cards?) or that every mid-release will be this way, but they are definitely including more of these in the future. Rubin talks about how they really liked the core idea of buff 1 of every champ, epic, etc. from every region. Also very open to more nerf reverts.

Watch the whole video if you have time, there's a lotta juice here.

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe Rubin didn't think that Aloof would be that good lol. I am pretty sure he like many others assumed it just didn't work on Champions.

I dont know who is watching this European Masters but this Russia line up is 200% loony and they are winning their group!

Marai Greatmother TF/Karma
Poros
Akshan/Katarina
Ashe/Elise
Targon Peak with ... Braum
Anivia
Ziggs Xerath Landmarks

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
On paper the best line up to bring to tournaments/gauntlets/seasonal is Ping City (BW+ BC), Ziggs Burn (Noxus/BC) and Draven Sion. These decks have the best match up spreads into the meta field. Faced a lot of variations of this line up during my Gauntlet run.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
oh wow skins for Lux, Leona and Katarina, lemme just buy those so I can never ever use them real quick

Ezreal is kinda fucking fire and that new board is real flashy, the music is intense though

also Lab of Legends and Saltwater Scourge are leaving on November 10th noooooooooooooo. I only just beat everything on Lab on Heroic, god knows if I can do Legendary in that time

playruneterra.com

Legends of Runeterra

Choose your champions, make your move, and be legendary in the League of Legends strategy card game: Legends of Runeterra.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That new PvE expansion better be godlike to justify the removal of Saltwater Lab of Legends.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
the devs aren't stupid, if the new roguelike mode doesn't please people they'll bring back Lab and/or Saltwater

these modes rock. also if you didn't like Saltwater Scourge at launch, the recent updates have actually improved it substantially, they added rerolls, single page shops, more card removal options, etc.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Getting an A rank for skill with Pyke and TF is pretty tough. I hope I can get the GP cardback before it's removed.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Getting an A rank for skill with Pyke and TF is pretty tough. I hope I can get the GP cardback before it's removed.
There's an event that adds as many "When you play me draw a card", combine it with the draw a fleeting card each turn and you can turbo level TF ridiculously easy and crush it. I think I got S first try with Pyke but had to heal and got A rank with TF.

Saltwater Scourge is pretty easy once you realize it's everything until Gangplank is just prep. You just gotta build a deck that can either remove him/Dreadway/kegs immediately or win before turn 5 and you should be fine, don't worry about basically any other encounter until then.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
There's an event that adds as many "When you play me draw a card", combine it with the draw a fleeting card each turn and you can turbo level TF ridiculously easy and crush it. I think I got S first try with Pyke but had to heal and got A rank with TF.

Saltwater Scourge is pretty easy once you realize it's everything until Gangplank is just prep. You just gotta build a deck that can either remove him/Dreadway/kegs immediately or win before turn 5 and you should be fine, don't worry about basically any other encounter until then.
Yea but RNG is hardly on my side. Pyke runs are especially a pain in the ass since you fill your deck with so much non-lurkers. I have half a mind to restart runs until I get the "3 cost and below units are lurkers" power up at lvl2.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I'm inching closer to masters this season (time permitting), and I still think the deck diversity is off the charts. I played 11 games yesterday and saw:
  • 2x Darkness
  • 1x Akshan/Sivir
  • 1x Bandle Tree
  • 1x Lulu/Poppy
  • 1x Shellfolk
  • 1x Plunder
  • 1x Ping City
  • 1x Draven/Cait
  • 1x Nami/Zoe
  • 1x Lurk
Surprisingly no Sions in mid-Diamond despite the stats it gets the highest playrate at 10%. Definitely an overrepresentation of Bandle City, but 10 different decks in 11 matches. Also not as much representation for control, but that's ok, because I was the one playing control haha. Overall, I do think this has been my favorite meta. I'd say the majority of the decks aren't always the most straightforward to pilot, even if being on the pointy end of the (Pokey) stick, all you see if unit vomit from BC.

There are few meta matchups that are super sharp auto-losses, and my hypothesis for why is because by forcing all decks to account for midrange, no decks are truly all-in on their own strategies. This is my bias, but I definitely prefer this type of environment over control being viable, but a third of your matchups are just rock-paper-scissors with extra steps.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
this US casting team ruining the seasonal for me ugh

I have a lot less investment in the EU pools but Mogwai/Panda are drastically better

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
wow Fount of Power costing them the game

that's kind of what I love about Runeterra, like a seemingly minor unimportant thing being such a gamechanger

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Patch notes hot off the presses!
playruneterra.com

Legends of Runeterra

Choose your champions, make your move, and be legendary in the League of Legends strategy card game: Legends of Runeterra.

[A fairly long] tl;dr - we feel that live balance updates are important to improve LoR's overall player experience and, so moving forward, expect to see regularly-occurring scheduled card updates targeted towards impacting the meta, nerfing clear overperformers, buffing underperformers, and generally improving deck diversity. These updates will be staggered in between expansion releases.

The card updates in this patch were built using our updated philosophy, so you can expect something similar in scope and priority in upcoming patches as well!

[...]

In most cases, that means you'll see a balance patch every other month. Due to a staggered release schedule throughout the remainder of the year, however, our next live balance patch is scheduled for January 2022, a month after the release of the Magical Misadventures expansion. After that point, you should see a live balance patch about every other month.

Nami as the current deck we know it is probably dead. Untutorable 3m Sparklefly is rough.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Huge ass Dragon buffs holy shit.

Draven nerf was probably a long time coming.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I've never been a fan of Herald of Dragons' design because of the high rolly nature of it, but oof Chow -> Herald -> Shyv is a hell of a curve. Overwhelm on your big bois might not be negligible either. Could throw together a Dragon deck that doesn't even want ASol tbh.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Yeah called that Draven nerf a while back. It's fine, it'll hurt but he's still a value machine and he's been one of the best champs in the game since the beginning. This patch feels like a lowkey buff to Mystic Shot, dealing 2 matters more, sorry Poke City.

love the Dragon buffs, A Sol back to his former glory, Herald being WAY stickier and Clutch being a legitimate ender. I'd prefer Shyvana on turn 3 but Ruined Dragonguard probably playable now.

Tristana, Lux, Quinn, Renekton, Braum all seem like decent buffs that don't change much. Tristana could've been silly if you played a bunch of cheap Telescopes in one tu- oh wait lol

Revenant is a good flavorful slight nerf, RIP Sparklefly and Relentless Pursuit, surprised they let Aloof still hit Champions but I think I'm glad that kind of tech is still in the game, the Priestess' are both a good deal better, Rahvun probably still too slow. The Scourge can actually finish on it's own now which I think actually makes it a lot more pickable, it was always funny that it didn't have Overwhelm.

Excelsior

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah that is a sad Darkness/Senna nerf.
fyi it's not what it seems to be

FCFkVtXVIAEJiM1

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice.

Aside from Bandle Tree (which technically was nerfed), Darkness is looking quite strong in new patch.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Trist was already starting to see play in high Masters last week, but there's so many changes that who knows what will still be t1. Lux finally has a feelgood curve into a 6m spell. Renekton also now only needs 1 proc to level instead of 2. All great QoL changes to champs.

AWizardDidIt

Oct 28, 2017
The changes overall seem great, the only one I'm really not a fan of is the Tenor of Terror nerf. That card will be absolutely unusable with 1/3 & 3/1 stats.

One thing I'm curious about is does Tristana get stacking impact now when you play multi-region followers? It seems like she could be really powerful now if that's the case.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Letting it cook for a bit, I'm a bit lukewarm about these changes. Idk if it's because I'm biased that Rubin isn't working on live balance anymore, or what, but some of these changes feel a bit... blunt? Incongruent? Not sure.

Not a fan of changes that make generally worse versions of other cards. I'm on board with rally being baseline 4m for the same reasons Deny is, but Relentless Pursuit now loses its niche. Grant +1/+1 is generally much weaker than Barrier. We've now lost a little interesting decision-making. Same with Vanguard Sergeant/Ruined Dragonguard invalidating Badgerbear. They are actually strictly better cards now. I understand not being able to touch the bear due to the 4/1 scout, but again, this feels like a blunt solution instead of an elegant one.

The Targon buffs feel a bit heavy-handed too. Solari Priestess being able to actually block feels decent. But adding 1hp to the other two 5m card generators feels overbearing. You'd almost want to play Rahvun for the stats now, let alone the card generation AND the aura. Instead of positioning BC as the cheap generators and Targon as the premium generators, they're kind of pushing Targon to just generate more often. Granting Dragons overwhelm or else draw 2 also seems a bit too much. I'm not full on panic mode about it, but again, a bit heavy-handed imo. And Herald draw RNG will be big too. Makes me not even want to play Dragons because if you don't curve out properly, you'll lose the mirror.

I love a lot of the other changes, especially the Fearsome on Revenant and Lux's change. But those changes feel starkly different to the ones I outlined above imo.

When does the patch go live? Noon?
It's out.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't get the Rahvun buff. That is already like the best or 2nd best Daybreak card in the set.

Also Dragons were like quadruple buffed. If all they did was buff Herald, that would have been a bit boost... but they buffed Asol, they buffed Dragon's Clutch (a card you already played in that deck anyway), buffed the Scourge, buffed Solari Priestess. It's rare to see an archetype buffed this heavily in a patch.

That's probably my major gripe with the patch, seems like they leaned heavily on a specific region rather than the sweeping changes they did previously. Freljord getting just Braum and the ramp card buffed seems kinda eh.

Still a good patch though and if there are more frequent patches then that's fine.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Always be one step ahead of the meta! As a big dragon player, I don't think these changes are enough to make Dragons high T1 imo. The cards themselves are still too overloaded, but Dragons inherently get advantage through combat, and Runeterra has a lot of ways to mitigate that kind of threat, like Freezing.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Lurkers are kinds rampaging through all these Dragons, at least based on stats.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just won Gauntlet with Darkness, Akshan Sivir and Lurk. Lurk absolutely demolishes Dragons it's not even funny. Also good into Lee Sin.

Also news flash: Draven Sion is still good and so are the Poppy decks.

Last edited:

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Just got a survey asking about the latest patch. It goes pretty in-depth from questions on specific changes (Dragon buffs, Demacia/Targon buffs, champion nerfs and buffs, etc.) and even asks about preference for mechanics changes vs numbers changes, buffs vs nerfs, frequent but risky patches vs more conservative.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Really liking this Ziggs/Swain list as of late, helped me win Gauntlet this week:

CQCACAYDBUBACAZOG4CAEAYBA4EASBIFBINDCRNDAGTACAIBAUFMMAIBAIAQGFRS

Because Bandle City has a lot of cheap pings, it enables Flock and Scorched Earth really easily. Conchologist is amazing in this deck at pulling out cheap pings or removals. Lecturing Yordle is MVP here too. Very strong against board based decks and also good into Bandle Tree because of 3 copies of Scorched Earth.

This deck is good for the time period but Swain struggles against other late game decks. Targon and Minimorph control decks generally eat them up.

Someone was playing this deck in a tournament before running Riven instead of Ziggs and I had no idea why. Ziggs accomplishes the similar things as Riven in deck and does it much bigger. You don't have enough Blade Fragment cards to consistently level up Riven for her lvl2 to matter where as Ziggs stabilizes early, puts on pressure and progresses Swain level up in a proactive way. Also changed one Group Shot for Death Lotus.

Dealan

The King of Games
Oct 28, 2017
Presumably because getting overwhelm on Swain via the fragment is pretty funny (and minimorph aside not very counterable in this meta) but Ziggs does sound the more consistent value champion of the two.