• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Man, it feels like if you don't end the game early enough against a Yasuo deck you're just boned.

Late game he just comes out evolved and any attempts at counter play that aren't direct damage/death spells (like challenger) just end up getting recall/stun'd to oblivion by excellent support cards. Enter play multi stun -> recall -> enter play multi stun -> ad infinitum.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Enlightened Karma is so trash.

Copy spells, but for the same targets?

There goes any kill, recall, stun, duel, barrier spell.
Ya'll better not be talking shit about my girl. Expand your mind past those boring ass spells. You gain so much value from buffs, damage, healing, and of course:
lgUzU3N.gif

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
I mean obviously you can do some interesting things with her but you still have to get to the end game. That's not that hard against a Fjord and Demacia deck.

Rosé Fighter

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 23, 2019
Huh, Greenglade lookout won't decrease the cost of your most expensive card if you have 2 cards with the same cost

Edit: oh wait I'm a dummy, it's on strike

Last edited:

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Hey, everyone. Remember that this is a beta. I get the desire to throw Riot money like

giphy.gif

because they made a great game and we want to support them. But many things could change between now and the full release. Save that money and use it later this year when the full game comes online. By that time, I'm sure you'll actually know what cards to buy, too.
I mean this is, for all intents and purposes, the full release. There will be no more resets and the beta period will roll right into release. The only reason they are calling it a beta is because there are technical issues they knew they didn't have ironed out quite yet, but the core gameplay was ready.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
Any idea or hints about a 2v2 mode? That would be awesome to strategize with friends in matchmaking or... maybe even co-op expeditions.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Here is the deck I've been using. I got it from playing the tutorials and it got me to Bronce. (I played ranked on Monday and got to Bronce)

Link to it

lvDjqDC.png

Cool deck! General improvements that I can think of: can you double up on any champs? If not, I'd almost consider cutting Braum. I find him pretty underwhelming without enough consistency or buff support so he doesn't just die without doing much. Also maybe consider cutting some 3s and spread it across your curve. I'd cut the Mighty Poros first. How are the Marksman and Tavernkeeper working for you?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
purify is nothing special? Im curious why you say this?
IIRC it's not really played in any top tier decks at the moment because there isn't the targets for it. Elusive decks buff wide out of safety, flood/aggro aren't really concerned by it and it doesn't work on champions. There aren't a lot of cards like Ledros that demand answers. It's a card that will basically only get better over time as more targets are introduced.

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Here is the cool XP-making: after completing 3 paid expeditions, you can the unpaid ones. They don't give rewards, but the trials give you XP. You can get up to 2000 XP per run if you win all 7. NO LIMITS!?

I don't want to commit to any deck yet, but I like playing the game. Expeditions are both a preferable mode, and the one with big bonus rewards. We need master and challenger tier boxes, because I will be level 13 tomorrow.

2grNmFq.png

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Just had my first taste of Hearthstone-tier RNG, an opponent in expeditions had Mageseeker Conservator pull them a Warmother's Call. So stupid, was an easy win otherwise but them getting a free chump unit every turn plus Anivia was just too much stall.

e: okay I guess 1 in 10 isn't Hearthstone level bullshit but damn

Oct 27, 2017
That must be a mistake.

Feels like it. You can even just restart the draft if you don't like the deck :)

Carved some asses with triple Fiora deck. The final game, I was already 3 kills Fiora, and for some reason I just yolo'ed the suicide 4th kill believing I will win. It didn't work out, Fiora has to stay alive. Ultimately, won the game and got my sweet 2000 XP. Halfway to the 12th Vault level.

OP
OP
jon bones

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
can we all give a shoutout to my beautiful boy carrying me up the ladder

ezreal-b1bcf54e735a689531318ffaeaf9120e.png

i feel like every game is down to final turn, my opponent thinks they have lethal and i spellsling em from 16 -> 0 with mystic shots

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Just had my first taste of Hearthstone-tier RNG, an opponent in expeditions had Mageseeker Conservator pull them a Warmother's Call. So stupid, was an easy win otherwise but them getting a free chump unit every turn plus Anivia was just too much stall.

e: okay I guess 1 in 10 isn't Hearthstone level bullshit but damn

I had one where someone got the 10 mana revive 6 strongest units spell. Luckily I had Deny up. Also the reason I cannot see myself switching out of Ionia for the foreseeable future. I love my deny's.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I had one where someone got the 10 mana revive 6 strongest units spell. Luckily I had Deny up. Also the reason I cannot see myself switching out of Ionia for the foreseeable future. I love my deny's.
Just had someone Ethereal Remitter to make a Captain Farron to steal a win from me

Big fuck you to any card with the word 'Random' on it tonight

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just had someone Ethereal Remitter to make a Captain Farron to steal a win from me

Big fuck you to any card with the word 'Random' on it tonight

I actually put an opponent in an impossible situation last night due to my Ethereal Remitter summoning the card that does one damage to the nexus for every ally that dies.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
I read somewhere that they're planning on not having a proper graveyard, but imo the existence of Shark Chariot alone means that there should definitely be a proper graveyard.

Also, graveyard stuff is simply the best in general. No idea why they would kneecap themselves on that.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
I read somewhere that they're planning on not having a proper graveyard, but imo the existence of Shark Chariot alone means that there should definitely be a proper graveyard.

Also, graveyard stuff is simply the best in general. No idea why they would kneecap themselves on that.

There absolutely should be a visible graveyard, for both players. I have no idea why that wasn't incorporated. Not even counting the Sharks, it's important to look at your graveyard to keep track of how many copies of X spell you've cast.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
There absolutely should be a visible graveyard, for both players. I have no idea why that wasn't incorporated. Not even counting the Sharks, it's important to look at your graveyard to keep track of how many copies of X spell you've cast.
Absolutely. Also regarding spell counting, Gwent lets you see what's left in your deck (in random order of course). No idea why more games don't do that.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I have went through all the tutorials and played some matches against the AI with the starting decks. I actually think this game seems quite promising. Just wish the mobile version would come ASAP. I'd rather play this on my iPad in bed than in my PC.

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
The Shark Chariot/Undying/Other Ephemeral decks are definitely the king of NetDecks at the moment. Personally I think Shark Chariot is way undercosted for what it does seeing as how easy it is for these decks to pump out Ephemeral units.

DuppoloGAF

Oct 28, 2017
Is it normal that with a 13 13 chest I don't have any champion card? I mean I unlocked 1 champion but no gold cards at all

Lupic

Dec 31, 2017
United Kingdom
So after opening the two diamond & 1 gold chests from the vault I opted to make nearly everything in the Fiora/Shen deck that was pretty popular last year and, as expected, it's pretty filthy. Because I only have 2x Fiora and 1x Shen, I've filled the rest with like 2x Zed and a low cost spell and it works surprisingly well, to the point where I've won wiuthout gettiong Fiora out at all.

Climbing the ladder seems pretty slow, though I suppose that's how it should be given you can't lose LP(?), or at least you can't drop to a lower division/rank.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Might fuck around and try expedition later. I'm just not sure if I've seen enough of the cards to be able to build a deck half decently at this point. Any good articles or places to research that kind of thing?

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
>.> I've never been able to cast it lol.
So you are saying the spell works at even a meta-level?

I mean this is, for all intents and purposes, the full release. There will be no more resets and the beta period will roll right into release. The only reason they are calling it a beta is because there are technical issues they knew they didn't have ironed out quite yet, but the core gameplay was ready.
Yes, I understand that about resets. However, weird things happen in betas. A bit of caution is not bad advice...

i've been tryign this elusive rush deck from swim and lordy can that thing slap
I watched him play that on stream yesterday and you are not wrong.

Oct 27, 2017
1st EU Master deck (try to guess what it is)

Heard it's everywhere on the ladder, but I'm not that high yet so haven't noticed it as much.

I am playing drafts only, but holy fuck those two Shadow Isles big units (kill 2 weakest and half nexus) are the bombs. Hecarim and 4/4 resurrect champion are also hard to deal with. Couple the best removal, last-breath/graveyard value plays and burst-damage capabilities from ephyreal, and I think it is definitely one of the strongest colors for draft.

This premade deck seems to be wide aggro early, removal, buffs and finishers. I guess it must stomp Elusive decks by sheer brute-force.

From the popularity of Deny, and the sheer annoyance of control-decks, I hope Riot is going to amp the price by one.

Deleted member 5876

Big Seller
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been doing a lot of stupid miss plays lately. I need to be better at using that 'eye' thing before I commit to any actions.

Another thing is I'm turning off the auto pass feature. I'm fairly certain there is a bug with it where it will auto pass when its still possible to attack. I'm not sure what conditions trigger the auto pass to mess up but I've definitely seen it pass when I had an attack ready to go.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I would like Fioras or Karmas but the game has only given me Yasuos and Zed

... made more ironic that in League I actually play Fiora and Karma, and I have good ol' hatred of Yasuo and Zed!

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
When your opponent has 6 units on the field,including a 12/8 Fiora and all you have is a leveled up Zed but then you use some buffs to get him to 7 power, use a "Ghost" card to make him elusive and attack which then creates a perfect copy of him that is also elusive and has 7 power so you do 14 damage to your opponents 14 health Nexus and win the game
+_4e4aacdb06bab91ab6cfb6e37d5112e8.jpg

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
When your opponent has 6 units on the field,including a 12/8 Fiora and all you have is a leveled up Zed but then you use some buffs to get him to 7 power, use a "Ghost" card to make him elusive and attack which then creates a perfect copy of him that is also elusive and has 7 power so you do 14 damage to your opponents 14 health Nexus and win the game
+_4e4aacdb06bab91ab6cfb6e37d5112e8.jpg
I've been dreaming of pulling off this scenario! Good job man :)