• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brick

Oct 25, 2017
I saw that there was a 30+ stock of the XSX on the myStore app at a Target in the middle of nowhere. Took a chance drove out there and finally locked one down.

Best of luck to everyone. Hopefully we can all get one soon.

I'm going to go sleep for a week.

Last edited:

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Jury's out on that, but given that there wasn't one on Friday, it's possible that we're gonna enter a dry spell in which stock gets saved up for Black Friday.
What's the incentive for Sony to hoard stock for BF? Doesn't make much sense to me. At least with other retailers I get what they're trying to do (to use PS5 stock on BF to lure you to their store, hoping that once you're there you'll stick around and buy other things from them) - but this reasoning doesn't seem to apply for Sony Direct.

Pillville

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
congrats to all those that were successful with BJ's

giphy.gif

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
Got a cancellation from Kohls. The dream is dead. Again.

Ouch.
What the fuck? I'm sorry, Starstuff. Stupid TV could have at least picked a better time. :c
Never to early mate.

My condolences on the TV. I have one suddenly die on me as well ,it was still under warranty but still it took them over 3 months to get it fixed
This could give you an advantage! One PS5 bundle that has been spotted this year: a Sony TV with a PS5, sold in Costco stores.
Condolences :-( And it's NEVER too early to drink!

There is some hope! After a thousand calls with Samsung (their customer service is awful) they scheduled a tech to come look at the TV. Just to come look at the TV will be around $130 , but I agreed. My brother suggested I call other repair shops. I spoke to a refreshingly candid repairmen, and after asking me questions (logical questions that Samsung did not ask) he diagnosed the likely problem and said the parts would be at least $2,800 and labor would be several hundred more. He asked me when I bought the TV and I said exactly two years to to this date; he suggested I check with my credit card as some of them offer extended warranties 🤯 . I called my credit card and they do! Today is the exact last day that I can file a claim, and so I did. Lots of paper work to do, but if it saves me from buying another TV at near $4k than awesome. I'm so grateful for the candor of that repairman!

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
At what point do you cave and pay a reseller?

All im seeing are bundles and they are selling out instantly. Walmart is my only hope and judging by the last time they had stock im not hopeful.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
At what point do you cave and pay a reseller?

All im seeing are bundles and they are selling out instantly. Walmart is my only hope and judging by the last time they had stock im not hopeful.

Never. After getting a broken system from PS Direct I'm not trusting anyone who can't guarantee me a return.

Howdyjacker

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
There is some hope! After a thousand calls with Samsung (their customer service is awful) they scheduled a tech to come look at the TV. Just to come look at the TV will be around $130 , but I agreed. My brother suggested I call other repair shops. I spoke to a refreshingly candid repairmen, and after asking me questions (logical questions that Samsung did not ask) he diagnosed the likely problem and said the parts would be at least $2,800 and labor would be several hundred more. He asked me when I bought the TV and I said exactly two years to to this date; he suggested I check with my credit card as some of them offer extended warranties 🤯 . I called my credit card and they do! Today is the exact last day that I can file a claim, and so I did. Lots of paper work to do, but if it saves me from buying another TV at near $4k than awesome. I'm so grateful for the candor of that repairman!

Glad to hear a more satisfying outcome to your problem.

Still some genuine people out in the world, not many but there's a few.

Oct 25, 2017
Are people actually getting XSX from the Microsoft store? I get nowinstock alerts several times a day, and I've been able to add it to my cart many times, but never get the purchase to work.

Am I missing out, and some people are getting orders through, or is their store just showing the add to card button at random times every day?

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Hey! That's awesome news. Hopefully that didn't kill your luck :p

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
The Costco XSX basically went oos instantly from what I can tell. If you can't even get one of these things on a membership website now seems like it's gonna be impossible pretty much everywhere.

The Best Buy drop yesterday was really good so as long as you can catch the next one (and there has to be one on Black Friday at least) then I wouldn't give up hope.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Are people actually getting XSX from the Microsoft store? I get nowinstock alerts several times a day, and I've been able to add it to my cart many times, but never get the purchase to work.

Am I missing out, and some people are getting orders through, or is their store just showing the add to card button at random times every day?
Keep it in your cart, after that all you have to do is complete the order once you get a notification that they're back in stock.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Best Buy drop yesterday was really good so as long as you can catch the next one (and there has to be one on Black Friday at least) then I wouldn't give up hope.
The problem is it was at like 4:30am with no heads up given to let people know when it was going up. I'm basically sitting at my pc all day and night now waiting for this thread or twitter to say they are in stock because the second they go in stock the websites crash or instantly go oos

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Open-box at Best Buy. Has anyone actually gotten these to go through? I try to checkout and it says it's out of stock, but when I go back to the product page, there's the link again to add to cart. And out of stock. Add to cart. Out of stock. Ad nauseum.

Full Recovery

Needs a sandwich
Oct 26, 2017
USA
It's a best buy glitch, nothing more.

EDIT: Can anyone walk me through how to setup something to alarm on my laptop when a ps5 goes instock or wario64 tweets?

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
No Sony Direct :(

I miss my weekday of disapointment. I need Sony to punish me some more :(

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
I just received an apparently opened blu ray movie. Came as "Sony CD-R discs" inside the case. I would have imagined buying online that I would have gotten a new item and not a previously returned one. Maybe their stores ship out products, no idea.

I wouldn't buy open items myself, especially not PS5's and other items that could have issues. Anyone with an issue not easily seen by just turning on and off would for sure return it as new open etc

Last edited:

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
I know people were lining up as early as 4am for target after launch day with it not being know if systems were there. With systems being advertised for Gamestop what time do you feel would be the best to line up? I have a friend wanting to go and I told him likely at least 11:00 pm but that will likely either be too late or too early on a store by store basis.

j7vikes

Definitely not shooting blanks
Jan 5, 2020
Stay strong no scalping fellow friends! It would be awesome if these scalpers got stuck with a bunch of consoles they can't sell at marked up prices.

pipe dream but one can dream.

Full Recovery

Needs a sandwich
Oct 26, 2017
USA
Gamestop said that they were going to post how many units they would have on BF right before they close Wednesday. So I'd say that if you want to stand in line I would get there before dark on Thursday evening.