• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
How sure are we of stock being held for target? I called them and they said all would be sold online of course that could be un true. Is there a way to check the stock?

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So... as far as we know, the only remaining avenues to get a PS5 in the near-future are:

- Walmart's remaining two time slots today (lol, yeah right)
- Potential for some Targets to have units available in-store tomorrow morning
- Playstation Direct site restock tomorrow

Am I missing any?
eBay
Craigslist
Sexual favors

Londolian

Jun 24, 2020
possibly. Especially if you do 1-2 day express shipping which is free with PS+ and other stores may not ship till even later depending on availability

Don't think anyone from the early morning drop have gotten theirs shipped yet or at least not many
Yeah I wish I went with the Direct then lol. Wal-Mart isn't delivering mine until the 28th.

chidrock

Oct 26, 2017
Dilemma time. I have an extra Series X I was going to return to Amazon, but someone near me is looking to trade a PS5 for a Series X. Should I even consider this, or should I just ignore it because of the potential risks?

I was kind of hoping that someone might want to make a trade, but I don't know if I feel like doing it with a stranger on Craigslist...they mentioned that they'd want to meet in a secure place like a police station parking lot in their post, so I guess that's a good sign.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
currently sitting in the submit order page on walmart, but obviously I know its out of stock because that's what the app says... wonder if I can keep the page here and hit submit on the next round 🤔
You can! Just don't try anything funny until it hits on the hour.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
People are saying that the ones they ordered last night (really early this morning) already shipped or they've gotten a FedEx notification about it so possibly later today? It would be cool to get my PS5 tomorrow.

Nice to know. Just got one too and was wondering if the order would update with an expected delivery date. Fingers crossed it works out that smoothly.

ejoshua

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you guys for this thread. Without it I couldn't have gotten my system. Go with God for those that still need one.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
One last question. Is there away for me to know when the stock is up (like a notification for example) or would I have to pay attention? Does the extension notifies when the refresh is a new page?

Edit: That's two questions :D Thanks, btw.
Nah you gotta keep an eye on it. I just happened to look while refreshing the shit out of walmart.

Soi-Fong

Oct 29, 2017
Illinois
Dilemma time. I have an extra Series X I was going to return to Amazon, but someone near me is looking to trade a PS5 for a Series X. Should I even consider this, or should I just ignore it because of the potential risks?

I was kind of hoping that someone might want to make a trade, but I don't know if I feel like doing it with a stranger on Craigslist...they mentioned that they'd want to meet in a secure place like a police station parking lot in their post, so I guess that's a good sign.

Do the trade in a police station. No risk. If he or she doesn't agree, it's not legit.

Dance Inferno

Oct 29, 2017
Weird, I was trying to check out on PS Direct the last time they got stock and it wouldn't let me go to the checkout page. Figured I struck out but then eventually I got an order confirmation email. So bizarre.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
*queue reached zero*

*Loads playstation site*

"Out of Stock"

... I'm sorry, what exactly was that queue for?

7nhp7m0870151.jpg

rObit

Oct 27, 2017
Well, they at least let my cancel my media remote order, so I won't have that thing sitting around to remind me of my failure haha. I'm going to be busy tomorrow and won't get a chance to try Direct again then, so I imagine I'm screwed for the foreseeable future. Ah well. Congrats to everyone who got one! I'm happy for ya!

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Scored one via Sony direct where all others failed.

the secret sauce: open the page that morning and keep your session active through the day by refreshing every few minutes. I was able to skip the queue and get my order in.

now to wait for it to ship! And decide on a launch game. I'm thinking sackboy.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019
Question for Sony Rewards members:

I'm not going to bother buying a PS5 today due to high demand, but where should I buy a PS5 in the future to earn maximum reward points?

Apr 18, 2018
Scored one via Sony direct where all others failed.

the secret sauce: open the page that morning and keep your session active through the day by refreshing every few minutes. I was able to skip the queue and get my order in.

now to wait for it to ship! And decide on a launch game. I'm thinking sackboy.
This is what I did too. Just periodically refreshed and magically they had them one time. Scored the digital edition I was looking for.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
PS direct orders from yesterday won't ship until the 23rd the ones today won't ship until December 1st

Ephemeris

Oct 25, 2017
i've helped friends secure at least 5 disc consoles in the last 15 or so hours. Still zero for digital tho. It's not a win until I get it.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, looks like I'm joining y'all.

The PS5 I preordered from Amazon had another package pee all over it during transit. It really be like that sometimes lmaooooooo

Cheezeman3000

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2018
PS direct orders from yesterday won't ship until the 23rd the ones today won't ship until December 1st
I don't quite buy this as I ordered mine from Sony Direct yesterday and have a FedEx tracking # already saying it will arrive by Sat. But, the product hasn't been picked up by FedEx yet, so I can't confirm... it could change I guess.

Zaryn

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if it's possible to change PS Direct shipping to express? The support site offers a chat option, but says they're busy and to try again later.

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Walmart said they wouldn't deliver the PS5 to me until 12/1... thinking of just waiting until tomorrow for the Sony Direct restock now that I am logged in and refreshing. Walmart is too annoying to wait three weeks for delivery.