• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hyperfludd

Oct 27, 2017
Wish Walmart was instore only like target was - was it confirmed only online shipping, no in store pick up like target?

Oct 25, 2017
Chances these Walmart orders today have an in store pickup option? That said, I full expect not to be able to get one regardless.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
Set up Twitter so that notifications for him are turned on, and then push them. I had no idea Twitter would actually show the notifications on the desktop, but his kept appearing for me on the windows notification area on the bottom right.

Twitter, Settings > Notifications > Preferences > Push and select what you want to see. Make sure notifications are also turned on directly from his page too.
Thank you.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
Any idea when Walmart and PlayStation Direct would ship if (and that's a huge IF) I'm able to order one today? We're not getting the PS5 until December and I'm honestly not willing to wait anymore. There's also still no pre-order available here despite that announcement, so I wouldn't want to miss out.
Bought mine around 2 AM and it is saying "preparing to ship." PS Direct.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
I saw it on the original product page. It didn't mention it during the order process. Maybe we'll get lucky?

I could have sworn I saw someone say they shipped the X faster then it said from costco. Who knows I am just happy to have one this month without having to play Russian roulette with Walmart / Target / Best Buy.

Molecule

Nov 2, 2017
Wario just tweeted and I didn't get a notification on my PC. I turned on Push notifications and have them on from him. What gives? Chrome sucks?

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
That's what I anticipated. Which is why I'm so salty about the pre-order thread and all the folks losing their minds that they might not get it on release day, and only the day after. :|

For sure. I resisted posting anything about that, but was thinking "first-world problems are harsh". Meanwhile you have multiple people that have failed to even keep what was in their cart (more than once too sometimes). I have to wait a whole five days, and couldn't be more ecstatic. Worst case scenario for me now just means I'll have to wait to play with the EU launch. Oh no!

ZettaiSeigi

Oct 29, 2017
Wow it's impossible to get anything with those botting cunts crashing every site

Thinking about it now, I think it was a brilliant idea for Sony to offer preorders to those with PSN accounts. Not sure if they considered the activities (number of games, trophies, etc.) but that's an effective way to deny scalpers for the most part.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Went to Target in person just to see if I could score one today - me and two others got the company line. Worth a shot, I guess.

Geode

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Just picked up my PS5 from Target and setting up now. My god this thing is huge!

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Quick Q.

For the Sony direct website...can you ship to a different address? Do you need to have a CC set up in your account? Currently I only use PSN codes to purchase via psn store. Not sure of both are linked.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
cmon cmon cmon
hoping for the walmart drop
had the costco bundle in my cart but decided not to check out, already bought a second controller

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Yes in every way and yes. This is the first I've "hunted" a product before and this is infuriating, not exhilarating. The very opposite of The Dark Souls of Shopping.

I've always lined up, hell I waited like 13+ hours for a Wii. I never minded doing that, was actually kind of fun, bunch of people playing DS games, etc. Kind of bummed we've been relegated to fighting bots.