• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
If I break something at work and then spend extra time breaking it even further, my employer sure as hell isn't going to pay me.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
They can always junk that surplus military equipment if they really wanna pay that overtime.

They can also stop killing us and none of this shit would have happened in the first place.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
until cops stop beating protestors this will not end. And god forbid if another person loses their life. This is going to go on for a long long long time.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
nelson_1.jpg

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Overtime like those pieces of shit who broke in to that congressman's office to sleep and eat his food? We pay teachers a pittance and cops are earning 6 figures when it should be under half that.

ColdSun

Together, we are strangers
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
That's a good start. I think wrongful death lawsuits should come out of this and their pensions too.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to take solace in it when it sounds like eventually they'll be paid. Fuckers should get a cent.

OP
OP
Sandfox

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to take solace in it when it sounds like eventually they'll be paid. Fuckers should get a cent.
These cops are gonna have to go like a year without overtime pay barring some kind of bail out and even then the LAPD may try to screw them over when it comes time to cut checks. There's definitely going to be less cops on the street for a while with people potentially quitting.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, they're broke by June on a 3 billion dollar operating budget (from figures in one of the protest threads)? How?

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Hmm. So they won't be given cash money to be thugs and brutalize the people they took an oath to serve. Damn shame.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Bahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahah

ReturnOfThaMack88

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2020
40 fucking million in overtime for the LAPD in a fucking few weeks. I am a public defender in this county. We get 0 dollars in overtime. We received notice today we are facing layoffs due to budget cuts. Us, the ones who defend the poor people the LAPD harasses and uphold their rights. Meanwhile these fuckers got 40 mill just in overtime just this month.. 1/10th that for a whole year would fund about 47 lawyers and save our jobs.

that's the criminal justice system for you.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
When you realize being as cop is just another fucking thankless job. America needs to stop fucking glorifying the military and cops as some kind of special humans. One volunteered because they are probably poor and don't have much else and the other applied for a job and got it. Their ain't nothing special about these two professions, sorry you couldn't afford college or get a better career that didn't require a gun but you ain't fucking special.