• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
What a weird thing to say when the PC version was announced before PS4 version release and the superiority of PC versions with more features (if you have the rig) are a well known fact.
Also PCs are more expensive than PS4s. Of course the product will be better if the hardware that runs it is more epxensive and powerful lol.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017

Seems kind of a pointless thought considering that you'll probably be able to carry your PS4 version forward to the PS5. Ultimately I think it's kind of a gross thing with someone with a large following of fragile gamers to blast out there. You're just painting a target on the devs for saying normal things about a PC release of their game.

Oct 30, 2017
It's pretty obvious that a PC version of any graphically intensive game should be able to provide significant benefits over a console version. That almost always holds true. Especially for a console at the end of its life cycle.

So I don't think touting the PC version (especially as it is releasing later) is a problem.

dsk1210

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh UK
Isn't that usually the case with PC anyway!

Most of the PC games can be run at high framerates and 21.9 aspect ratio.

Looking forward to check this out.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine thinking that frame rate is what makes something cinematic.
Or that you don't have the option of playing PC games at 24Hz if you really wanted to do that to yourself.

What I really wish is that LG or a competitor would start producing ultra-wide televisions.
The aspect ratio is so much better for gaming or watching movies.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Whether it feels like a TV drama or a movie, if you're going into Death Stranding for the plot or narrative you're going to be disappointed.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
If it's just for the ultrawide screen, this applies for virtually every video game out there as well. Especially high fidelity, AAA ones.

jackdoe

Oct 27, 2017
That is actually a pretty awesome tweak so that the cutscenes render at 21:9 on PC. It bothers me to no end when 21:9 supported games sports black bars during cutscenes because the developers left it at 16:9.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Updated this thread title to make it clear that they're talking about the aspect ratios of ultrawide support.

Deleted member 18324

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let's see how many more people will deliberately misread or ignore context so they can "well ackshually" this one.

Butch

Oct 27, 2017
Already seeing someone talk about the ending of the game here.. please remember some of us are starting it tomorrow for the first time and maybe don't want to know anything about that.

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020

But when has the PC version not been superior to the console version?

I mean it's happened, but the couple fo times have gone down as notorious ports.

Why shouldn't he beam about the game hitting the strengths of that platform. If it came out on the switch, he shouldn't say anything about the portability, because it might hurt the feelings of some console fanboys?

Makes no sense.

MajesticSoup

Banned
Feb 22, 2019
I have an ultra wide monitor and it's great. But the only reason I got it was because most 4k monitor sizes suck right now and are stuck at 60hz. Theres so much vertical information just missing from your view.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
Technically he can add ultra wide support for ps4 with letterbox if he wanted. 4k TV has more pixel than 3440x1440, just need to letterbox it.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
This is vonna look ACE on PC.

I didn't get to beat it yet but its definitely a fun ride if you get into the gameplay loop of "hey I can stop here on my way and pick up or drop of stuff. Might as well" x100.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
But when has the PC version not been superior to the console version?

I mean it's happened, but the couple fo times have gone down as notorious ports.

Why shouldn't he beam about the game hitting the strengths of that platform. If it came out on the switch, he shouldn't say anything about the portability, because it might hurt the feelings of some console fanboys?

Makes no sense.
I don't think it's so much that the pc version is better. No one wants to feel like they got a bad version of the game which is how that quote kind of comes off as.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
Between this and Eurogamer's "How Death Stranding PC delivers on Kojima Productions' original vision", the press are really outdoing themselves on the hyperbole.

It's a smoother framerate and a slightly wider aspect ratio. It's still the same game. The experience was most certainly not dependent on the game's image quality.
Kojima Production's OG vision of the game was 60 fps according to the dev team, and the PS4 and PS4Pro could not deliver that. It says that in the article if you read it.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing this means they also adjusted the cutscenes to 21:9?

Edit: ah, they already showed that off

Not bad