• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
That's some asset reuse alright lol

OMG of course they have to add some extra shit at the end. You've already seen all this shit, but buy it anyways because there's one bonus scene. FU!

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
I'm just excited to play Vector to the Heavens and to hope that Kairi gets allowed to be cool for a good amount of time.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
lol

Really squeezing the juice out of those PS2 assets huh

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, weird. I'm actually all about them reusing the HD remaster assets if it means they can put out more games.

Future Gazer

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The Kairi part is obviously just a bonus movie. No way they could get KH3 tier gameplay running on Switch.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy rhythm games (though not crazy about what we saw with how this plays. Will need to see more) and love KH music so this is exciting for me.

Canon story shenanigans is an added bonus!

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
No, the characters in the mobile game look different to these.

These are intentionally referencing Theatrhythm.

Not Union Cross, they mean the original KH mobile game.

Kingdom_Hearts_Mobile_Avatar.jpg

Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Watch it be like"Get a perfect run and you'll be able to watch the secret ending. :D"

:'(

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Could they not use the KHIII models/assets?

Or at least Kingdom Hearts II?

Why use goofy looking Kingdom Hearts 1 Sora? Lol

edit: I'm mistaken? I guess there are some KHII and III assets later in the trailer? And there's a story??? Or are they reusing scenes from the previous games?

At least the Switch finally gets a Kingdom Hearts game. Hopefully the Switch gets a KH collection. I am sure there's a large Nintendo fanbase that would love them.

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I'm in. But I'm very worried if those cutscenes end up being part of Memory of Melody.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be honest, as much as this DOES look like a hardcore asset flip, I do actually kind of like the way it seems to approximate in-game graphics and scenes via gameplay. That's a really clever twist on the Theatrhythm format.

Also I am laughing my ass off at the fact Kairi's game is a fucking rhythm game spinoff. Of course it is.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So now I gotta play some janky looking rhythm game to keep up with the story as well?
Sigh. Nah, not falling for it. I'll wait for the inevitable YouTube compilation video explaining whatever I've missed before the next big KH release.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Get ready to beat this in the hardest difficulty so you can have a 30 seconds teaser trailer of a plot point that will be explained in 5 more years.
I love rhythm games, but I'm done with KH games.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
It's no Dancing All Night that's for sure.

But you're gonna need to play it because it's probably be important to understanding KH4.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Holy shit at what's going on in the latter half of the trailer :lol

So freaking in. Been waiting for a Kingdom Hearts rhythm game since the first Theatrhythm came out.