• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
I spend most of my days with fleeting thoughts. Writing. Listening. And collecting old Beach cruisers. The morning rides keep me on a hill of silence.

I go months without a phone.

Love, loss, and grief have disturbed my comfort zone, but the glimmers of God speak through my music and family.

While the world around me evolves, I reflect on what matters the most. The life in which my words will land next.

As I produce my final TDE album, I feel joy to have been a part of such a cultural imprint after 17 years. The Struggles. The Success. And most importantly, the Brotherhood. May the Most High continue to use Top Dawg as a vessel for candid creators. As I continue to pursue my life's calling.

There's beauty in completion. And always faith in the unknown.

Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts. I've prayed for you all.

See you soon enough.

-oklama

Wait.. is he retiring from rap? Or releasing music exclusively on his new label now? Is everybody trying to ruin CLB's rollout? Where is Ab-Soul?

So many questions.

oklama.com

nu thoughts

Last edited:

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
TDE is a garbage label so I wouldn't be surprised if he bails from them finally after this album. Such sporadic release schedules and bad promo.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Sounds like he's just switching record labels or going independent. If he was retiring, he would've just said "final album" instead of "final TDE album".

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about the record label stuff, maybe he's just moving to a new one or going independent.

But I'll be there day 1 for a new Kendrick album, it's been so long since DAMN.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Feels more a TDE sendoff. I was speaking to someone who works in the music industry about Lamar recently he made it sound like DAMN! was his last TDE album and they were shopping this one around, I guess this is his gift to the label.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
happy that he's free of label shit and always interested in hearing new candid insights from one my faves.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
TDE is a pretty terrible label to still be rocking with in 2021. Makes sense to jump ship to a brand that could actually support your level of stardom.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Top not letting kenny make a 26 track album full of animal noises as metaphors for black Israelite erasure smh

OP
OP
Lifejumper

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
Breh went months without a phone…

We bout to win another Pulitzer

59c3ae96d879884a19cb3798_170921-jordan-crying.png

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the text:

oklama said:
I spend most of my days with fleeting thoughts. Writing. Listening. And collecting old Beach cruisers. The morning rides keep me on a hill of silence.

I go months without a phone.

Love, loss, and grief have disturbed my comfort zone, but the glimmers of God speak through my music and family.

While the world around me evolves, I reflect on what matters the most. The life in which my words will land next.

As I produce my final TDE album, I feel joy to have been a part of such a cultural imprint after 17 years. The Struggles. The Success. And most importantly, the Brotherhood. May the Most High continue to use Top Dawg as a vessel for candid creators. As I continue to pursue my life's calling.

There's beauty in completion. And always faith in the unknown.

Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts. I've prayed for you all.

See you soon enough.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Where the fuck you been at K Dot?

Remember how he proclaimed how he was gonna murder everyone but not exactly in those words? It's been over 4 years and still hasn't made good on that promise.

GWX

Oct 25, 2017
Watch it drop before Donda.

(man, can't wait to see where Kenny goes next)

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to get excited about a Kendrick album nowadays but he deserves a label better than the garbage that is TDE. Contract is probably coming to an end.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Watch it drop before Donda.

(man, can't wait to see where Kenny goes next)

Hasn't he already started PGLang with ex-Top Dawg president Dave Free? He's on his own label after this upcoming label.

Baby Keem + him are the first two artists on the label.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
they should thank their lucky stars

Yeah, it was funny because the topic of convo was really about TDE and how the past few years they've been really cryptic and and kinda shitty with releases (like teasing a "major" TDE release starting this summer when it ended up being a significantly less high profile but still solid Isaiah Rashad record) and his point was that they are trying to hype up their lesser known acts since the Kendrick was officially off the label along with SZA publicly complaining about them for years

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait. TDE has spent years mismanaging their great roster so it's better that he leaves.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
I wonder if Kungfu Kenny goes independent or is some label going to throw infinity dollars at him to ensure he signs to their label.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Interesting. Kendrick also has a deal with Aftermath/Interscope though, so he's in a different boat than the other TDE artists. I'd be surprised if he cut ties with Dr. Dre.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah Kendrick needs to poach her for his new label, Feels like TDE has done her career so dirty. She's got superstar potential
They are doing her disgusting. How did they drop the ball so hard after CTRL? What reason could they have for fucking up the bag like that? It's not like she was gonna step on other releases on their label