• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
What a weird thing to have even lied about. Would Keanu not playing the game have been some sort of issue? Not at all. There's actors who don't even watch the movies they're in. No one cares.
Yeah it's weird.
Actors doesn't lie about not having read the book the movie is based on.
Actors also rarely watch the movies they are starring in (some don't even watch movies at all).

I guess it was to look cool. Or they were so deep into the lie of "everything was fine" that they couldn't stopped it.
But maybe it's just because they are known to patently lying to everyone including their employees. Who knows.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
To be honest, Keanu never seemed the kind of guy who plays videogames, i bet he prefers to spend his free time with his motorcycles. The man is an actor and he did a good job in Cyberpunk, so the only issue here is CDPR lies, as always...

discotheque

Dec 23, 2019
He probably played two minutes of a dev build while visiting a CDPR office. And by "played" I mean waggled the mouse

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Turns out the only thing CDPR were up front and open about prior to release was their disdain for trans people.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
It's best that way, it's a better idea than it is an experience. Playing the game just ruins everything. Maybe in 2077 there will be another attempt in delivering on this game where it's an actual world people go to in the VR net.

Oct 27, 2017
Turns out the only thing CDPR were up front and open about prior to release was their disdain for trans people.
Ice cold truth.
The only one you can trust having read or played stuff he says he did.

2020-07-17-image.jpg
I'd watch BvS everyday for a month to have Cavill give an honest review of Cyberpunk. I have to think as a massive game enthusiast and hobbyist he'd find the RPG systems as shallow as anyone.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
And to cap off this farce, the thing they were most openly honest about wasn't even what got them the most blowback from the public at large.

I honestly forgot that we're about a year removed from the release of the game. I was not on this site at the time, but I would like to personally offer you and the rest of TransEra my thanks and condolences for having to advocate so hard in the lead-up and aftermath of the game's launch.

Ice cold truth.

I'd watch BvS everyday for a month to have Cavill give an honest review of Cyberpunk. I have to think as a massive game enthusiast and hobbyist he'd find the RPG systems as shallow as anyone.
I would also let you watch Batman v. Superman every day for a month to have Cavill give an honest review of Cyberpunk.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
Leona Lewis didn't plsy FF13,Elliot Page didn't play Beyond 2 Souls, I would bet even most VAs don't play their games.

These people don't necessarily enjoy gaming nor should they be expected to. It is just work.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, that was obvious... He was there for a paycheque. He was at VGA for marketing. He probably doesn't game they way nerds thinks he does. He probably likes reading and working on motorcycles IMO.

J 0 E

Oct 27, 2017
Negative reputation keeps chasing this game literally a year later 🤦🏻‍♂️

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Next you're gonna tell me Norman Reedus and Mads Mikkelsen didn't each do a full 100% playthrough of Death Stranding.

Sometimes a gig is just a gig. Although I'm in the camp CDPR probably let him walk around in an early build for a few minutes to pitch him the role. They probably count that as "playing" the game.

Oct 28, 2017
I am pretty sure Keanu Reeves mentioned it from the perspective that he hasn't spent a large amount of time on the game, as compared to just booting it up and spending some time on it to check the game.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Technically if they ever shoved a demo build in front of him before and he moved the character around for a few minutes, they can say he's played the game.

It would be a fitting half-truth considering the game we are talking about.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
In my head, Henry Cavill is the only actor in Hollywood actively playing games (I know there are likely a bunch of others who do too, but I just go with what's confirmed)

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
"Henry Cavill won't lie to us about playing a game :)" Probably not, but he also won't flirt with women because he said he's scared of getting called a rapist during the MeToo movement. Not the man I would idolize like some here clearly do.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Not surprising.
But I suppose he saw people playing the game or someone tried the game for him.

But really, who cares? Technically that could still be interpreted as "playing" a game.

I feel like this article is just trying to paint CD Projekt RED as the bad entity.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
He probably came in once and played for like 5 minutes when they were showing the game. That's enough to say "He's played it" lol

Kemono

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
This thread is going to be closed op. Cyberpunk 2077 stuff is supposed to be talked about in the Cyberpunk 2077 thread.

New ones aren't allowed.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Leona Lewis didn't plsy FF13,Elliot Page didn't play Beyond 2 Souls, I would bet even most VAs don't play their games.

These people don't necessarily enjoy gaming nor should they be expected to. It is just work.
I mean, fair. But the thread is more about CDPR lying about it, which, at this point, maybe should come as no surprise.

kpaadet

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just when you thought Keanu Reeves couldn't be more relatable he goes and does something I can relate to, not playing Cyberpunk 2077.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
We are limiting threads on Cyberpunk 2077. Please see the first post in the OT for why, and continue discussion there.

www.resetera.com

Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| Welcome to Night City (READ THE OP BEFORE YOU POST)

Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077? CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this...

Status
Not open for further replies.