• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
IIRC, she was pretty anti-Trump during the 2016 Republican primary.

Yeah, but it was more of a "Ah, he has no chance of winning, we should have nominated someone like Cruz or Rubio" that we got from a lot of anti-Trump Rs at the time like Ben Shapiro and Lindsay Graham.

As soon as he won though, almost everyone got on the fucking train, with the exception of people who have fucking scruples like Ana Navarro and the Lincoln Project.

Masterz1337

Oct 25, 2017
I always forget that CNN loves to employ some token conservatives to make their network seem non-partisan, I believe Rick Santorum currently holds that role. Much like Juan Williams does for liberals at Fox.

Thankfully MSNBC dropped that shit a long-time ago - they used to have Tucker Carlson, Michael Savage, and Pat Buchanan on the payroll.

(to be blunt I think most cable news TV is 100% garbage, and I usually stick to stuff like Reuters TV and Newsy)
Who was the guy that CNN had before they got rid of him when he posted some pro-nazi stuff on twitter? Santorum currently holds his old title.

Part of me feels for CNN, because they need to have some conservatives commentators, but they just get the most bullshit bad faith arguers who add nothing to the conversation, or people like Rick Wilson who just dunks on Trump and the current Republican party but doesn't actually add anything substantial to the "other sides" argument, not that there is much substance to be heard at this point.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, but it was more of a "Ah, he has no chance of winning, we should have nominated someone like Cruz or Rubio" that we got from a lot of anti-Trump Rs at the time like Ben Shapiro and Lindsay Graham.

As soon as he won though, almost everyone got on the fucking train, with the exception of people who have fucking scruples like Ana Navarro and the Lincoln Project.

It's not even scruples. Trump just broke with tradition and actually mobilized the idiots instead of continually building them up and letting them down in perpetuity. It's one particular scruple

thanks CNN

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Reposting a story from April 2020:

It had taken months of practice, but McEnany had perfected her act as one of the original pro-Trump pundits on CNN. She described herself as "that blond girl passionately advocating for then candidate Donald Trump proudly wearing my gold cross" in her 2018 book.
Now, her rise to President Trump's next press secretary — at 31, among the youngest to ever to hold the position — turns her Trump defender role on cable news into an official White House position. She is replacing a camera-shy Stephanie Grisham, who did not hold a single press briefing during her nine-month tenure. McEnany, by contrast, loves a camera, and vice versa — with the glossy looks of a cable host, an appealing quality for a boss known to assess the telegenics of his appointees.
But it was a network the president purports to hate that made McEnany everything he would want in a press secretary. For over two years, CNN paid her to come to fight with other commentators over Trump, opportunities she took night after night. Before then, she was a virtual unknown.
"She auditioned on our air for this gig," said an executive at the network who was not authorized to comment publicly and spoke on the condition of anonymity.
Many of her appearances devolved into shouting matches captured and monetized in countless videos described by the network's YouTube page as "CNN commentators clash." She clashed with other commentators over Trump's support from white supremacists: "He's not going to be baited into these traps you are trying to lay for him," she said. She clashed over Stephen K. Bannon's appointment as his chief strategist. Over polling data.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Well, it's not like they were going to hire Diamond and Silk.

They actually employed them until last year. They cut ties after they started pushing the craziest of Facebook conspiracy theories about COVID. Like how 5G was infecting people, that the vaccine would be used as population control and that the virus was being deliberately spread by the deep state or WHO.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Who was the guy that CNN had before they got rid of him when he posted some pro-nazi stuff on twitter? Santorum currently holds his old title.

Part of me feels for CNN, because they need to have some conservatives commentators, but they just get the most bullshit bad faith arguers who add nothing to the conversation, or people like Rick Wilson who just dunks on Trump and the current Republican party but doesn't actually add anything substantial to the "other sides" argument, not that there is much substance to be heard at this point.

Jeffery Lord. He's on Fox News now, unsurprisingly.

I agree that CNN just want people to dunk on, or in the case of Rick Wilson as you mentioned and Ana Navarro, agree with. I mean Rick Santorum is probably getting paid pretty well so good for him I guess. Megan McCain holds a similar position on the View.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I look forward to the segment with Kayleigh, Laura, and Tomi so I can finally nail the contrast on my TV.

Loan Wolf

Nov 9, 2017
maHFce0.jpeg

It's diverse, you have Americans of English, Irish, French, Polish, German, Italian, Dutch, and Swedish descent.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
They actually employed them until last year. They cut ties after they started pushing the craziest of Facebook conspiracy theories about COVID. Like how 5G was infecting people, that the vaccine would be used as population control and that the virus was being deliberately spread by the deep state or WHO.
I'm starting to think I should just troll Fox News by claiming to be a pundit who has proof that the Martians have secretly created a cabal of chemtrail-spreading liberal brainwashing propaganda and installed AOC as their new hive queen.

Odds are 70/30 that they'd ask me to be on the air.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is even less surprising than Dan Ryckert getting at job at the WWE.

Smithy

Oct 25, 2017
surprised pikachu face

well, of course she would find something fitting. Who knew it could be Fox News /s

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Vaguely Aryan news host? Check
History of disinformation?Check

Yep, looks like your typical Fox News hire alright.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Hilter youth propaganda barbie fits right in.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
She's just in it for the money. In 2015, she called Trump a racist. Then when she joined CNN, she flipped and fervently defended Trump.

Oct 27, 2017
one day i want them to cut to the Fox hair/makeup dept and it's just one extremely tired looking woman drinking and smoking

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
On this topic, did she ever hold a final press conference in the White House? I mean final in the sense that it was announced that it was the last press conference that would be held for the previous administration.

colorblindmode

Chicken Chaser
Nov 26, 2019
South Carolina
I always forget that CNN loves to employ some token conservatives to make their network seem non-partisan, I believe Rick Santorum currently holds that role. Much like Juan Williams does for liberals at Fox.

Thankfully MSNBC dropped that shit a long-time ago - they used to have Tucker Carlson, Michael Savage, and Pat Buchanan on the payroll.

(to be blunt I think most cable news TV is 100% garbage, and I usually stick to stuff like Reuters TV and Newsy)

Though nowhere near as bad as tucker or the rest, MSNBC still has the Lincoln Project guys on all the time.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
This was always almost certainly the end goal. That's why her personality is basically Tomikas. Hostile, sassy, know-it-all.

Not to mention a right wing propaganda network is the only place she'd ever find work to keep up whatever privileged standard of living she has.