• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
3d7.jpg

Joliet Jake

Oct 27, 2017
People in this thread freaking out when this on the level of Michael Scott yelling I declare bankruptcy. People write in shit like Chuck Norris all the time. Chuck Norris isn't stealing any votes from Biden or Trump. Those people were never voting for a real candidate to begin with.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Are write-ins not a factor?

Correct, write-ins are a virtual non-factor. They were almost certainly up in 2016 because of how unpopular both candidates are but they still did not impact the results.

www.cnn.com

No, Harambe didn't get 11,000 votes for president | CNN

That story about Harambe the gorilla getting thousands of votes for president? Just more weirdness in the wackiest election of all time.

(For context, write-in votes accounted for 0.11% of the vote in 2012.)

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Anyone who is acting like he is running and can get on the ballots needs to be banned from ever talking about politics again.

The filing deadline has already passed in all but two states:

Why are some of you treating this like its an actual possibility?

I don't think he's actually running. But the deadlines in that tweet are for the Democratic/Republican ticket. Only a few states have expired deadlines if he were to run as an Independent.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
The more ridiculous antics Kanye does before an album the worse it's gonna be. This Dre/Ye collab gonna be terrible

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How can he he siphon votes? HE CANT GET ON THE BALLOTS.

God damn some of you need to take high school civics again.
..:write-ins. And please spare me the god damn lecture about how insignificant write-ins are. Yes we go through that shit every election, but it's so fucking annoying to see people here say, "every vote counts" and give people shit if they choose to abstain from voting or want to vote third party in this election, but suddenly the amount of votes KW could hypothetically receive is just insignificant, so who cares, right? Those two thoughts are incompatible with each other.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
..:write-ins. And please spare me the god damn lecture about how insignificant write-ins are. Yes we go through that shit every election, but it's so fucking annoying to see people here say, "every vote counts" and give people shit if they choose to abstain from voting or want to vote third party in this election, but suddenly the amount of votes KW could hypothetically receive is just insignificant, so who cares, right? Those two thoughts are incompatible with each other.
Essentially nobody writes in names. it isn't a thing that people actually do.

People voting third party/staying home is a real problem that costs elections.

dimelo

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
MIA
Anyone with a functioning brain knows it's too late for him to enter the race and this is clearly a PR stunt. But stay gullible I guess.

kanye.gif

😂😂😂

M.J.

Oct 25, 2017
If we're gonna have another celebrity president, let it be a Jon Stewart type of guy.

Kanye is such a clown so my response is literally "????" like the OP says. Fucker.

CNoodles

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
With how obsessed American are with celebrities I have no doubt people would vote for him. Honestly it would be horrible for Biden because he would lose votes so it would be really be beneficial for Trump.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
He's obviously not going to be a candidate unless he wants to mount a write-in campaign, but could Trump dump Pence and bring on Kanye as his running mate? I'm not sure what the specifics around the VP nomination deadline are. That feels like the only plausible political angle for this if Trump is looking at the polls and sweating.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
He's obviously not going to be a candidate unless he wants to mount a write-in campaign, but could Trump dump Pence and bring on Kanye as his running mate? I'm not sure what the specifics around the VP nomination deadline are. That feels like the only plausible political angle for this if Trump is looking at the polls and sweating.

no because Trump is a racist and doesn't actually like or respect Kanye.

Chamber

Oct 25, 2017
He isn't running for shit but I'm loving the insinuation here that black people are going to blindly show up and vote Kanye fucking West for President.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

This is still not a plausible scenario.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
i thought Kim Kardashian was supposed to care about criminal justice reform... Embarrassing that she would support this. Totally undercuts her bid for legitimacy.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Hrm, my better angels makes me think he won't get his shit together and actually get on the ballot and this is just one of those things that kanye does that people talk about and he never follows thru on.

Still given his closeness with Trump I feel like there is some motive there. Like this is a conversation they've had.

Status
Not open for further replies.