• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly, better than the albums for most big girl groups in 2020 and a contender for EP/album of the year.

cubistic

Oct 27, 2017
KDA is starting to feel like a IZONE type situation where no song they make will ever be better than their debut song.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017

Honestly, better than the albums for most big girl groups in 2020 and a contender for EP/album of the year.

Forgot this even came out today with all the shit going on this week. Sounds good so far.

Edit: Okay, finished listening. It's weird but I think I like the latter three songs more than the first two. And I really like Baddest.

Last edited:

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Violeta's IZ*One's best single. Now LVR is in the better half of those singles, but it's not better than Violeta

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
What's the deal with some singles being left off of EPs? Mamamoo left Dingga off of Travel, and the K/DA EP doesn't have Pop Stars. Maybe it's different in K-pop but don't all the singles usually pop up on the album they precede?

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
What's the deal with some singles being left off of EPs? Mamamoo left Dingga off of Travel, and the K/DA EP doesn't have Pop Stars. Maybe it's different in K-pop but don't all the singles usually pop up on the album they precede?

Pop Stars is effectively a two years old song. It wasn't made with a future EP in mind.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dingga is on the physical edition of Travel, just not on the digital one.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Probably because it's a digital single and they want you to buy it separately if going digital. Basically, it's greed, nothing new in the kpop industry (at least they slowed down on the repackages).

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Probably because it's a digital single and they want you to buy it separately if going digital. Basically, it's greed, nothing new in the kpop industry (at least they slowed down on the repackages).
Well I already bought it digitally before Travel released. So the joke is on them! I think....

OP
OP
NameUser

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Who gave Riot Games permission to make K/DA go so hard? The EP is better than it has any right to be 😭

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
My hot take is: KDA's best song is still POP/STARS, but their other songs are consistently good, and I*zone's only good song is Suki To Iwasetai while their other songs are consistently pedestrian & forgettable and even a bit trash for the worst of them. EDIT: ok, Secret Story of the Swan is also good though, I had forgotten about it for a moment. 2 GOOD SONGS!

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't been keeping up with the thread because of the elections.

Anyways, the new KDA ep is great. One of the best releases this year.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
My hot take is: KDA's best song is still POP/STARS, but their other songs are consistently good, and I*zone's only good song is Suki To Iwasetai while their other songs are consistently pedestrian & forgettable and even a bit trash for the worst of them. EDIT: ok, Secret Story of the Swan is also good though, I had forgotten about it for a moment. 2 GOOD SONGS!
Ehhhh, honestly I'd say POP/STARS is probably my least favorite.
Anyways, the new KDA ep is great. One of the best releases this year.
Yeah, I'm still surprised because I didn't expect it. I thought it'd be an okay album with a good track or two.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

You're hurting me with these words.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
You're hurting me with these words.

If that can make you feel any better, I really love the girls and the group. It's just the music that hasn't been aligning with my taste much thus far :(

KLV8HfR.gif

Last edited:

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I do agree on both points. Pop/stars was the best song and izone is rather forgettable. And that is from someone who watched all of P48.
It's just all a bit bland and overly cutesy for me

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I think pop/stars is their best still and izone has never been for me.

Not a new song but I heard this today and like it.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020
Ok probably the only guy who likes Fiesta. I really like the high-energy vibe in izone's songs, Fiesta let's you hardly catch a breath but it's perfectly produced and never too intense, imho.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Ok probably the only guy who likes Fiesta. I really like the high-energy vibe in izone's songs, Fiesta let's you hardly catch a breath but it's perfectly produced and never too intense, imho.

I too think Fiesta is their best single. BLOOM*IZ is just a fantastic album.

SynthBpm

Oct 30, 2017
Silver Spring
is anyone gonna watch the E.X.I.D. stream concert tonight/early this morning? or am i the only one who is still this deeply devoted to them this deep into their japanese twilight?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Time to start it up again for a nice celebratory reason.

Get me those top 10 of 2013 lists by Tuesday, December 1, 2020.

Sounded like I needed to give more time for people to submit lists so i hope this works out better!

1. Girls' Generation - I Got a Boy
  2. Kara - Damaged Lady
  3. Sistar - Give It To Me
  4. 4minute - Poppin'
  5. f(x) - Rum Pum Pum Pum
  6. Sistar19 - Gone Not Around Any Longer
  7. 2NE1 - Falling in Love
  8. 4minute - What's Your Name?
  9. 2NE1 - Do You Love Me?
  10. AoA - Confused

Last edited:

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017

Sounded like I needed to give more time for people to submit lists so i hope this works out better!
Let's go!
Also pretty happy to see 6 out of my 10 chosen songs made it in Era's previous list.

2013 Kpop releases if anyone needs a reminder. A banger of a year!

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

1. Girls' Generation - I Got a Boy
  2. Kara - Damaged Lady
  3. Sistar - Give It To Me
  4. 4minute - Poppin'
  5. f(x) - Rum Pum Pum Pum
  6. Sistar19 - Gone Not Around Any Longer
  7. 2NE1 - Falling in Love
  8. 4minute - What's Your Name?
  9. 2NE1 - Do You Love Me?
  10. AoA - Confused

2013 was a good year. I was just discussing with my wife and a top 10 for 2020 will be hell for us, so many bops 😭

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My top 10 for 2013:

1. Girls Generation - I Got A Boy

2. f(x) - Rum Pum Pum Pum

3. 2NE1 - Missing You

4. Miss A - Hush

5. Ailee - U&I

6. EXO - Growl

7. T-ARA - No. 9

8. Shinee - Everybody