• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
After reading a lot of this I keep going back to what Pelosi said about impeachment and how wrong that was in retrospect

She had no more information than you did at that point. They can form a strategy now instead of blindly promising to move forward with impeachment when they have zero power to do so.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If someone accidentally left a way to see redactions, then I'm betting on a leak any minute now.

Oct 25, 2017
x4lqax.jpg

XQubYdU.jpg
']https://i.imgur.com/XQubYdU.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QW36Z3F/ref=sr_1_1?qid=1555605006&refinements=p_4:The+Redacted+Mueller+Report&s=apparel&sr=1-1

lol...

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
After reading a lot of this I keep going back to what Pelosi said about impeachment and how wrong that was in retrospect
They should have started long ago, rather than waiting for the "smoking gun" from this report. There's been ample material. The Dems are way too timid. For instance it's now April and they've finally put in a legal request for his taxes, which if it were the GOP taking the House they'd have done in 15 minutes.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/03/impeachment-trump/580468/

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
It's really incredible how toothless Mueller's investigation was when it came to Trump directly.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some of us have a little more riding on the results of the next election than others. It's easy to whine about doing the right thing no matter the electoral cost when you don't have to worry about losing your reproductive rights or being rounded up by the US Gestapo for another four years.

To quote myself:
EDIT: On second thought, this isn't worth it. Just utilize the ignore feature. Leaving the post up with this edit is unnecessarily petty.

Last edited:

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
Refresh my memory ERA, Bill got 'impeached' for lying about his relations with Monica right? And republicans wanted to depose Obama for eating dijon mustard...

Vector

Feb 28, 2018

No idea if legit, but if it is... Jesus.

EDIT: seeing as the report was redacted then scanned, it's probably not legit.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
They should have started long ago, rather than waiting for the "smoking gun" from this report. There's been ample material. The Dems are way too timid. For instance it's now April and they've finally put in a legal request for his taxes, which if it were the GOP taking the House they'd have done in 15 minutes.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/03/impeachment-trump/580468/

Dems need to start learning to play hardball like the GOP is true, but also remember another big factor in the GOP's dominance is they know how to strategically attack winnable issues, and impeachment is not remotely a winnable issue.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit someone is saying the DOJ left a way to see redactions. Someone get on this ASAP before its fixed.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Fucking REDDIT

R/the_donald

"The Russian troll farm IRA recruited moderators of conservative social media groups to promote IRA generated content"
"It also recruited individuals to perform political acts (such as walking around NYC dressed up as Santa Clause with a Trump mask)

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
That thing about being able to see redactions sounds like extreme bullshit. The PDF is obviously based on a scanned version of a hard copy (no text highlighting, and you can see the ink patterns in the redactions), so unless it's just a different file also being publicly hosted, it's not gonna be true.

TheKidObi

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately they have to work with the Senate. But you're also not taking into account state legislators and all the dems have passed in various states. Your point was that all they are doing is attacking Trump. Which isn't the case at all.
my whole point wasn't saying dems are attacking trump.

I WAS STATING THEY NEED TO USE THIS INFO ON THE CAMPAIGN RATHER THAN GO AFTER IMPEACHMENT LIKE SOME OF YOU WERE SUGGESTION

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
That thing about being able to see redactions sounds like extreme bullshit. The PDF is obviously based on a scanned version of a hard copy (no text highlighting, and you can see the ink patterns in the redactions), so unless it's just a different file also being publicly hosted, it's not gonna be true.

Also, if it was able to be "unredacted", then it already would've been done by the news organizations. You think they'd want to sit on that?

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
Richard Burr was a back channel to the White House back in 2017 when Comey briefed the Gang of 8. (via MSNBC).

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
So what's the just of this and the thing this morning so far? Been in meetings all day

Basically: Trump and Co. did a bunch of heinous shit, but so many people around him told so many lies that the SC eventually just threw their hands up and said, "I don't fucking know if there are crimes here or not."

The takeaway being that if you're President, you can basically just lie and obstruct your way out of any SC investigation, and so long as your party controls at least one chamber of Congress, you can go ahead and commit as many crimes as you like.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
So...

-Trump attempted 9 Obstructions; but was stopped by his own aides refusals to carry out his orders; some of those aides were forced to resign as a result or resigned out of fear of being implicated elsewhere by a Trump action
-Trump successfully acted out 1 clear Obstruction (firing Comey)
-Although AG Barr refuses to, the report suggests Congress could further investigate and prosecute Trump on obstruction, based on the intent and action listed above
-Trump Jr. was not prosecuted for conspiracy with the TT meeting because it was assumed he was too stupid to understand what he had helped arrange
-The Trump campaign was expecting Russia's meddling to assist with their election efforts, although not directly coordinating those meddling efforts
-However, efforts through WikiLeaks and discussions with Roger Stone may constituent dissemenation of stolen property, aka, DNC hacks and emails
-Mueller says he can not rule out obstruction and suggested new focused FBI investigstions could reveal further evidence and crimes

How the hell is this neither collusion nor obstruction? This is the exact opposite of Barr's summary.

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The strategy of releasing the Barr "summary" and then the report letter appears to have the opposite of the intended effect.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
Your use of the word "whine" to describe the phrase "doing the right thing" is a damning reveal of your character, as is trying to couch your personal view as merely reflecting larger amounts of people you assume must be like-minded in their view of how to proceed, i.e. "some of us" as a glib reference to protected groups. You are your own person. You speak for yourself.

EDIT: On second thought, this isn't worth it. Just utilize the ignore feature.
"My view on what's right and feeling as though it has been met is more important than the safety of others. Also, putting you on ignore."

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Cockroaches crawling out of the woodwork like they always do just to show us their ass and think they are clever.

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone posted this? Seems like they believed there was enough evidence to charge Trump on up to 10 counts of obstruction of Justice, but decided to refer it to Congress: