• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should there be a new OT for From the Ashes Era

• Yes, and I will participate.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Yes, but I probably won't participate.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • No. Keep the conversation here.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • No. I have no interest in From the Ashes.

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Let's just talk about it on the Comics Era OT.

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MTU4MTQ0MDE2Mw==

rip kitty 😭

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
The thing is the no precog rule Honestly applies to Destiny. Or to put it another way, the person that Moira is afraid of his destiny.

And the truth of the matter is she's only afraid of Destiny because she thinks Destiny is going to kill her again. Destiny told her how many lives she would have and she's technically on the last of those. Not including the potential for one more life.

But Destiny already told her she Bears her no ill will. Unless she is not helping the mutant cause.

So that makes me think... Moria isn't on our side.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017

Told you guys this was going to go somewhere!

(Probably still a ruse to fuck Shaw, but still)

The thing is the no precog rule Honestly applies to Destiny. Or to put it another way, the person that Moira is afraid of his destiny.

And the truth of the matter is she's only afraid of Destiny because she thinks Destiny is going to kill her again. Destiny told her how many lives she would have and she's technically on the last of those. Not including the potential for one more life.

But Destiny already told her she Bears her no ill will. Unless she is not helping the mutant cause.

Wasn't the condition Destiny gave her for the last life that she'd die before gaining her powers eventually?

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
so where in the timeline is F4/X-Men? because she's clearly alive there...I had assumed it was after she was brought back and we just hadn't seen it yet....

unless this is all a ploy for Shaw and they're playing like she's gone but she's really back in hiding plotting some shit

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017

Yeah this was also my take away from that conversation.

Watch Charles and Moira planning to have Krakoa ascend into a digitized black hole super civilization in the final Dawn of X event or some insane shit like that.

so where in the timeline is F4/X-Men? because she's clearly alive there...I had assumed it was after she was brought back and we just hadn't seen it yet....

unless this is all a ploy for Shaw and they're playing like she's gone but she's really back in hiding plotting some shit

Yeah, no way Marvel doesn't milk "THE DEATH OF KATE PRYDE" marketing for months before.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
man it was all Otherworld romps, Granny ecoterrorists, adventure on the high seas for a few months therr...

no. no, the dread is still right there under this house of cards

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Meh, screw Mystique....Charles and Mags ain't shit either, but I have no sympathy for Mystique, she's such a wretch

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Told you guys this was going to go somewhere!

(Probably still a ruse to fuck Shaw, but still)

Wasn't the condition Destiny gave her for the last life that she'd die before gaining her powers eventually?

She said she wouldd have 10 lives maybe 11 if she made the right choice at the end.

She pointed out if she died with no mutant gene active that would be it as well. Well, there is still a weaponized mutant cure out there.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
So the skull on Mystique's hairline is part of her body? I thought it was decorative for some reason.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciated that today's issue of X-Men really drove home how the Council is several layers of fuckery stacked atop one another. Charles, Erik, and Mystique may as well keep a big chart with a running tally of slimy statements they each make.

I am also a bit impressed that even Beast's journal entries make me go "Oh, Hank, you pompous ass!"

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I appreciated that today's issue of X-Men really drove home how the Council is several layers of fuckery stacked atop one another. Charles, Erik, and Mystique may as well keep a big chart with a running tally of slimy statements they each make.

I am also a bit impressed that even Beast's journal entries make me go "Oh, Hank, you pompous ass!"

Apoc & Exodus pulled rank in Excalibur, too - shit is fucked very consistently

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
I thought all that psy link stuff in the assault on Mother Mold was not only for communication but to keep the team connected to Cerebro for backuping.

But X-men #6 says otherwise, they were bring back from the lastest backup before leaving.

So they don't remember the assault?

kazamatsuri

Behind the Scenes at Epic
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
I thought all that psy link stuff in the assault on Mother Mold was not only for communication but to keep the team connected to Cerebro for backuping.

But X-men #6 says otherwise, they were bring back from the lastest backup before leaving.

This. I thought the same thing. Unless they lied to everyone? Or lied to Mystique only?

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City

To be fair they all died pretty horribly..... plus while we know they do backups, do they skip deaths? There is a lot of potential for fuckery if Mutants don't remember say 2 hours before their death.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
My guess is they backed up Mystique from the old backup so they could continue to string her along

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
I honestly would be surprised if thed don't have multiple backups at several points in time just so they can restore from a manegable one in case they need it, which they surely will when talking about Mystique or Sinister... or Magneto... or Apocalypse... or Xavier, or anyone really.

I like Mystique a lot as a character but I don't root for her, but I just know I will enjoy when hypocrites Mags and Xavier get what's coming to them

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely think they revived an earlier copy on purpose. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep killing her and reviving that old backup just to keep her from getting too angry over Irene not coming back. When it comes to Moira stuff, I think any and all rules or morality is off the table for Xavier and Magneto.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
The Psy Link was for the team to be in communication during their mission. It was a separate thing than the Cerebro backup which they knew was too far away.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah they were not being back up "live"...plus that's why post-resurrection Scott ask if the mission worked...since he witnessed Nightcrawler and Wolverine take out the last mooring and sending Mother mold into the sun, before he died...he wouldn't need to ask if he was being uploaded in real-time

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Considering they had Cerebro on one end and an Omega-level telepath (Jean) on the other, I assume their telepathic radio waves were meeting somewhere in the middle rather than Cerebro actually reaching each individual mutant.
So the line was sufficient for communication but not for backups, and we know from X-Force that Jean wasn't familiar with the backup process anyway.

I don't know if telepathic communication has the concept of bandwidth, but since Hickman is leaning into the cloud computing angle for the backup process, I would venture that they wanted to keep other processes out of the communication channel to keep it clean.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
I thought it was very sweet how Apocalypse is handing out copies of his diary and thought Shogo would like to go to a zoo.

Hopefully in the next issue he gives the team his Disney+ login info

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
Hey I just realized remember in the Apocalypse time line where most Mutant we're living in space except for Apocalypse and the Horsemen. Is New Mutants laying the ground work for something similar?

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION:

The Marvel's Voices one-shot coming out this Wednesday is going to feature a story by Vita Ayala and Bernard Chang (the same creative team as the upcoming Children of the Atom book), starring Forge and Shuri in what looks to essentially be Wacky Races: Marvel Edition!

tPRYMYf.png

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
So, I fell behind for a couple weeks and I'm catching. Seriously, what the fuck even was Fallen a Angels? Seriously, someone please tell me what the point was.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Fallen Angels was a huge waste of time of money. I'm new to modern comics but can comics get worse than or is this what hot garbage looks like?

Last edited:

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Hickman curating the line? What even was Hill's pitch that they gave him the go-ahead? It was just awful start to finish, top to bottom. Just awful, and I don't understand what it was even trying to add.

Jinfash

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, I got my titles mixed up. I meant Battle of Atom. I'm interested in previous X-Men events. I finished Age of Apocalypse and Dark Phoenix recently, and I'm interested in reading a more recent event.

BotA caught my eye. Is it any good? XvA and IvX were other choices but I looked up some reviews and they weren't too favorable.

Isn't Hickman curating the line? What even was Hill's pitch that they gave him the go-ahead? It was just awful start to finish, top to bottom. Just awful, and I don't understand what it was even trying to add.
Sunk cost fallacy, maybe?

Perhaps they didn't want to cancel an announced launch title even after they got a look at the first couple of issues in the pipeline.

deimosmasque

Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl

The pitch probably evolved a techno-God, exploring Revanche's backstory and giving loner characters like Laura and Cable a team style book.

The techno God thing goes well into the story Hickman was setting up.

Exploring the new Psylocke works good for establishing a new status quo.

And taking on Lura, Cable and others who didn't have an official team book would help keep those characters into the forefront.

The problem is the actual execution of all that plus Bryan Hill's desire to suddenly move on to other projects left a disjointed experience that just never came into focus.

By issue 3 it was obvious that Bryan Hill wasn't interested in the idea anymore and then it was all about getting enough issues out to make a trade.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Mike Carey's run is a revelation for me. It's so good and the perfect tone I love in an X-Men comic. Plus this lineup is god tier. But seeing Bobby and Mystique in a relationship is so bizarre knowing where they both are now.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Mike Carey's run is a revelation for me. It's so good and the perfect tone I love in an X-Men comic. Plus this lineup is god tier. But seeing Bobby and Mystique in a relationship is so bizarre knowing where they both are now.
Yeah, it's a pretty cool run. Hope Carrey manages to write an X-Men series down the line.

I've also caught on the the Gillen run and that was pretty cool too, although you have to suffer Greg Land's art.