• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
aDW7p6K_700b.jpg

That was something else

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I turned off the stream because of all the bench approaching that was going on. Seems I missed the give up.

Oct 30, 2017
I don't see how Depp doesn't win this. Heard has produced literally nothing of substance to substantiate the level of abuse alleged to have been levied by Depp.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Oh look. It's the "liar liar pants on fire" defense. She really needs to be charged with perjury once this trial is done.

MathChief

Feb 2, 2020
I don't see how Depp doesn't win this. Heard has produced literally nothing of substance to substantiate the level of abuse alleged to have been levied by Depp.
This case is about JD suing AH for defamation for that WaPo op-ed. Hard to prove.

Good news is: IMHO JD already won the court of public opinion.

For example, I was rooting for AH back then the op-ed was out, and did not quite follow the development, as many of us didn't. Now I am totally convinced that AH schemed this thing to gain for her lackluster career.

Oct 30, 2017
This case is about JD suing AH for defamation for that WaPo op-ed. Hard to prove.

Good news is: IMHO JD already won the court of public opinion.

For example, I was rooting for AH back then the op-ed was out, and did not quite follow the development, as many of us didn't. Now I am totally convinced that AH schemed this thing to gain for her lackluster career.
At this point how can a jury confidently say that the abuse reported in the op-ed actually occurred? Not when her timelines have been contradicted and they've been witness to the amount of lies and manipulative behaviors from her on the stand.

I get defamation is hard to prove, but Heard makes clear that the op-ed included content about Depp that she tries to elaborate on during this trial. If I'm a juror and go by the definition of defamation: oral or written communication of a false statement about another that unjustly harms their reputation and usually constitutes a tort or crime.

The evidence--and lack thereof--seems to support Depp's case of defamation. We know he's currently blacklisted and his reputation over the course of 5 years has been debased because of Heard's accusations.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
There is next to no chance he wins this unfortunately

I feel like the fact that she obviously got caught in a lie about tipping off TMZ is actually HUGE.

Enough, I don't know, but she outright lied...and there is NO DOUBT in the 2016 video she accidently told them TMZ had been tipped.

So there is darn good evidence she was actively working to harm him in the background.

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
I actually had tears from laughing so much when I heard "I'm trying, I'm trying".

That's the LAST thing you want to hear from your lawyer.

Vomiaouaf

Oct 27, 2017
Is Camille coming back over the next few days or later in the trial? Not sure how the teams of Depp's lawyers are organized.

Risev

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Depp's team definitely in a good mood.

I think they know they've completely won the court of public opinions, which is the #1 reason Depp was fighting this fight in the first place.

Of course it would be disappointing if he doesn't win the case outright, but anything else should be treated as a bonus at this point.

MathChief

Feb 2, 2020
The evidence--and lack thereof--seems to support Depp's case of defamation. We know he's currently blacklisted and his reputation over the course of 5 years has been debased because of Heard's accusations.
The good news is, JD definitely getting more roles in recent two years, even deviating from the Jack Sparrow stereotype, for example, Minamata.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Heard already threw them under the bus but her and her apologists/sycophants are going to be going in on her lawyers if she actually manages to lose this and call her a victim of an unjust legal system with incompetent representation and I'm sure there'll be an appeal.

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
honestly the story about her hitting her former partner is pretty weak. her ex did say that story was hugely exaggerated. the tmz thing is far more damning.

It's about her character. The fact that she committed DV speaks to her character that she DID commit DV before yet she is claiming "she never hits anyone".

V3N1X

Prophet of Truth
Oct 16, 2021
Alexandria, Egypt
Love how Amber just stormed out of the court room after redirect ended, the lawyers covering this live are losing their shit over it.

1) She disobeyed the judge who ordered her to go sit next to her council until she finished with the jury instructions.
2) She didn't wait for the jury to walk out first.

They're saying that will hurt her case a lot.

itsgreen

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inappropriate Joke
Amber looks more abused now, than on any of the pictures she presented.

Status
Not open for further replies.