• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TiC

Banned
Jul 12, 2019
Against a college football coach? In Alabama that sounds about right.

May Sessions fade into obscurity and then a painful death.

Last edited:

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I want to see an attack ad that's just HE COACHED FOR AUBURN in bigass letters while scary music plays in the background.

kess

Oct 27, 2017
This fallen scion of the "respectable" old South lost to a football coach, how apropos.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
That's what you get for trusting an egotistical moron, and still cling to him after he tosses you aside.

MisterSnrub

Mar 10, 2018
Someplace Far Away
For those silently hoping Sessions will back Jones, run 3rd party or take some other action that counts as a middle finger to Trump: nope.

In defeat, Sessions still says Trump right for the nation

Stockholm Syndrome is some serious shit.
I don't think it's Stockholm syndrome. These guys are all implicated for the same crimes and none of them want to be the scapegoat, so Sessions is just acting in kind by trying to get his old job back at the judiciary where he has some semblance of control.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
just wait till saban runs
I've hoped for a while that he is secretly a Democrat and will one day run for some position in Alabama. Either Governor or Senator. Feel like he is the best shot of anyone winning a statewide election as a Democrat in Alabama. (Other than Doug Jones in a Roy Moore situation.)

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
On another note... This is why Republicans will never abandon Trump.

These ignorant voters are what they have created. Lie with dogs, get fleas.

Couldn't have happened to a bigger bunch of assholes.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping for a more competitive contest with some bad blood. 60:40 makes Doug Jones basically toast, shows that rural Alabamites (...) are coming out for Tubberville, the small Sessions coalition will fall in line. Doug Jones has been hanging around by about 5-8 points down in most polls, but I think that's going to expand with Tubberville winning decisively.

Some takes last night were trying to spin this as an "Everything Trump Touches Dies," and while the shaudenfreud for Sessions is deserved, Trump has been bashing sessions for 12+ months and completely backed Tubberville, and Tubberville won in a landslide. It's a solid W for Trump and Trumpist GOP. The only possible win here, assume Doug Jones loses which is most likely, is that maybe Tubberville won't be such a dick as Sessions was in the Senate. Unlikely though.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Tommy Tuberville? The fucking football coach? LOL

Alabama does love its football though. Tuberville may be a god down there

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
sessions.png

Take note everyone, this is where Trump will get you.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
As far as I'm concerned, both of these dudes are made up.
To keep with the musical theme from my previous post, Jeff Sessions sounds like a collab album between Jeff Beck and Jeff Lynne (of ELO). The album would be called: Beck - Lynne: The Jeff Sessions

That or his full name would be an unreleased outtake album of Jefferson Airplane and Jefferson Starship material: The Jefferson Sessions.

aliengmr

Oct 26, 2017
Chris Christie, maybe? At least Sessions got a spot in Trump's cabinet (for all the good it did him, lol.)

I feel like there's a point Christie fights back, like actively saying he's garbage and supporting his political opponent, but Christie is definitely up there.

Ted Cruz? Trump repeatedly mocked his family, insulted his wife's looks, etc and Cruz ended up turning into a Trump kiss-ass anyway. It doesn't get much more pathetic than that.

Cruz is definitely pathetic, be he's also still a senator. And, while having one of the most punchable faces in the world, doesn't resemble a rodent with a southern drawl.

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando, FL
I've hoped for a while that he is secretly a Democrat and will one day run for some position in Alabama. Either Governor or Senator. Feel like he is the best shot of anyone winning a statewide election as a Democrat in Alabama. (Other than Doug Jones in a Roy Moore situation.)

Saban is a Democrat.
A very conservative Democrat, who loves Joe Manchin, but a Democrat nonetheless.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
He might've won if it had been an election for the most ridiculous name. Wait? Tommy Tuberville?

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
The only god down here outside of church is Nick Saban.

I love imagining the chaos that would occur if he ran as a democrat or independent.
Ha! He would turn a lot of people's worlds upside down. People wouldn't know what to believe anymore.

Although I'd bet money Saban is a big republican. Doesn't he hang out with Bellichik and Tom Brady? Big Trump supporters

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Alabama fans gonna be SHOOK when they have to decide between a Democrat or an auburn coach that used to torment us Bama fans.

glad I got the fuck out of Alabama after I graduated form UA. I hate US politics so much, especially Alabama politics.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Just saw that. The article I read said that he and Machin were childhood friends and Saban has also donated to Republicans in the past.

didn't know that. He's probably politically ambiguous by necessity but he's definitely supported some progressive movements that the players have been associated with while I attended. Something Belichick would never do.

I remember he was at a campus protest to change the name of Nott Hall which is named after a eugenicist.